• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kirby Triple Deluxe : new details and gameplay videos

PokéKong

Wait, in this game you're SAVING DEDEDE? That is awesome. I love how Kirby has no sense of grudges and thinks of all enemies and rivals as friends. Also that plot gives me a feeling this is based on some real obscure mythological tale that someone on tumblr will eventually point out.

maxcriden

PokéKong;93454504 said:
Wait, in this game you're SAVING DEDEDE? That is awesome. I love how Kirby has no sense of grudges and thinks of all enemies and rivals as friends. Also that plot gives me a feeling this is based on some real obscure mythological tale that someone on tumblr will eventually point out.

Awesome avatar. I just wanted to say I like this about the Kirbyverse too. It helps keep the games feeling especially light. They're a real...breath of fresh air...(sorry)

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Man, the Beetle and Bell powerups don't look all that fun to me. Maybe I'm just the kind of person that plays Kirby games anymo.....

NOPE. I'M IN. THAT LOOKS AWESOME. The last Kirby game I played was on the NES.

yeah, lovely video!

I have no intention of buying this, but I am curious whether there is any Miiverse integration? There should be, given it's a Nintendo title.

L~A

Hopefully not as many as on the DS, to be honest. 1-2 per system is fine. They could focus on other franchises instead.

True, the DS got 4 Kirby games (including 1 remake, though). But it got its first game during the very first year, and the last game was released after the 3DS was launched. Think the 3DS will have 3 Kirby games max (including one remake, maybe Kirby 64 ?)

I wonder how much we'll have to wait for WiiU Kirby, now.

Hmm... not before 2015, I'd say. Though it's perfectly possible Nintendo got one for 2014 too, we DID get 2 Kirby games the same year in 2011 (except in Europe).

I have no intention of buying this, but I am curious whether there is any Miiverse integration? There should be, given it's a Nintendo title.

Pretty sure there isn't. Miiverse was launched this week, and the game was probably already finished by then (they must be manufacturing cartridges at the moment). I doubt they were gonna include something that could have been not ready in time.

Nachos

I'm always down for some new Kirby, although it's strange that King DeeDeeDee got a redesign, at least in terms of proportions. The new beetle power-up looks awesome.

Oh, and Sparkster, if you care, I made a higher-quality avatar of the power-up. I was gonna claim it for myself, but since you beat me to the punch, you're free to use it.

i0qnlkQ.png

maxcriden

I'm always down for some new Kirby, although it's strange that King DeeDeeDee got a redesign, at least in terms of proportions. The new beetle power-up looks awesome.

Hmm, I hadn't noticed, but you're right, in the concept art he does look a bit slimmer. In the screens from the game he seems about the same as ever though.

Platy

This game looks better and better each time !

Love how those games offer a huge number of atacks for each powerup and you can finish the game without even knowing some of those exist xD

udivision

This game looks better and better each time !

Love how those games offer a huge number of atacks for each powerup and you can finish the game without even knowing some of those exist xD

That's Kirby Super Star in a nutshell. The Pause menu did tell you how to perform them though... it really was the prequel to Smash Bros.

Busaiku

PokéKong;93454504 said:

To be fair, Mario would probably save Bowser/Donkey Kong.
He already does in the RPGs.

Velcro Fly

Day 1.

While I'm at it I may as well pick up Kirby's Dream Land 1/2 on the VC to play in anticipation.

I love me some traditional kirby platforming.

Platy

That's Kirby Super Star in a nutshell. The Pause menu did tell you how to perform them though... it really was the prequel to Smash Bros.

Dreamland also followed that formula perfectly.

Some of those (specialy the Ninja Kirby) need Street Fighter super combo skills to perform =P

edit :
I don't feel this game... release 3 months after announcement is not a good sign.

It is Nintendo we are talking about .. unless they are desperate (see Yarn Yoshi and SMTxFE) they usualy only show games a few months from release =P

Fey

Banned
I completely forgot about this game. It looks awesome. *O*

The last Kirby game I played was Canvas Curse, I think, which I rented when it first came out. And then Nightmare in Dreamland before that.

It's been too long. :[

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Okay, I'm sold seeing Beetle Kirby can fly like a bug. Sweet.

~CHANGE BEETLE~

Sword, Mic, Bomb, Fighter, Fire, Stone, Spear, ?, Ice, ?, Ninja, Leaf, and Beam...

What are the two "?" ones? The weird electric hat and the winged cap. Are they Plasma and Cutter?

I so wish they brought back Partners though, even if just having them as A.I., the best part of Super Star. The next Kirby Platformer for Wii U needs to do that.

7VdIwBO.png

Just noticed Bandanna Waddle Dee in this screenshot. Is there going to be co-op with Kirby and BD again? Or is he, and the Mii picture, related to Streetpass somehow?

L~A

7VdIwBO.png

Just noticed Bandanna Waddle Dee in this screenshot. Is there going to be co-op with Kirby and BD again? Or is he, and the Mii picture, related to Streetpass somehow?

Good catch, didn't see that Mii. Guess it's streetpass related, but I have no idea what it'd be for.

also

Banned
Game looks okay... just like all the other main-line Kirby games. Hopefully we get a true arena and challenges.
One thing I've just noticed : this game will come out almost 3 years after the 3DS was launched. Isn't it the first time a console is getting its very first Kirby game so late? (Well, the NES and GB are an exception).

Wonder how many Kirby games we'll get on the 3DS...
We need at least one awesome spin-off, preferably 2.

Berordn

One thing I've just noticed : this game will come out almost 3 years after the 3DS was launched. Isn't it the first time a console is getting its very first Kirby game so late? (Well, the NES and GB are an exception).

Wonder how many Kirby games we'll get on the 3DS...

Kirby games tend to come close to the end of the console cycle:
  • Kirby 64 came out in 2000, four years after launch.
  • His GC title was announced very late in its life and never came out
  • Return to Dream Land came out in 2011, five years after launch
If you count spinoffs they tend to come 2-3 years in, so they're right on track. The DS was just a really surprising exception.

King Dedede is more of an antihero than a villain. Usually he's under a spell when he tries to defeat Kirby. The sooner this comes out, the better.

I'm glad you can do melee moves with that Beetle power. The previous grapple based copy powers usually do diddly squat on bosses. At least with Beetle Kirby you can hold your own.

Mory Dunz

I'm glad you can do melee moves with that Beetle power. The previous grapple based copy powers usually do diddly squat on bosses. At least with Beetle Kirby you can hold your own.

Yup, all you had was the down-kick in the air. (or throw enemies at the boss, if they made them). It made some bosses more interesting, albeit frustrating.

This looks amazing! I haven't fully played through a Kirby game since 64, so I'm super hyped. Now we just need a release date...

Looks neat, I'm surprised that "Beetle" power isn't just a new hat for Suplex. It looks neat. Bell looks pretty cool too.

I sincerely hope that there are more new powers than just those two, though, or at the very least more powers that weren't already in Return to Dream Land. RtDL's main disappointment was the lack of new abilities.

Okay, I'm sold seeing Beetle Kirby can fly like a bug. Sweet.

~CHANGE BEETLE~

Sword, Mic, Bomb, Fighter, Fire, Stone, Spear, ?, Ice, ?, Ninja, Leaf, and Beam...

What are the two "?" ones? The weird electric hat and the winged cap. Are they Plasma and Cutter?

I so wish they brought back Partners though, even if just having them as A.I., the best part of Super Star. The next Kirby Platformer for Wii U needs to do that.

Crash and Cutter

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Out of all the games that don't come out on the same day in all regions, why is it this game? What is the hold up?

Insaniac

I'd really like to see a Kirby game thats a straight up brawler like muramasa or something. The combat in Kirby games is a lot deeper then it may seem

Top Bottom