• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kirby Triple Deluxe : new details and gameplay videos

hongcha

I've played through the first 4 stages of World 1. The game is definitely 60fps (even with 3D on), which is a very nice surprise. The graphics are more simplistic than I thought they would be, and this seems to have enabled the smooth, invariable framerate. However, the animations and general art design are top notch, given what they had to work with. Much better than ALBW, for example. The use of 3D in this game is superb, they really designed it with the 3D in mind. So far the game is extremely easy, but I'm still having a lot of fun. I do hope the challenge ramps up a bit as I progress, though.

There is some gimmicky gyro stuff, but so far it isn't too bad.

The last Kirby I played was Return to Dreamland on the Wii, which disappointed me (it just wasn't that fun, really). I can already tell this one is much better.

hongcha

I am halfway through world 3 now and this is definitely the best Kirby game ever made. It is just oozing with charm and incredibly fun.

Sandfox

I've played through the first 4 stages of World 1. The game is definitely 60fps (even with 3D on), which is a very nice surprise. The graphics are more simplistic than I thought they would be, and this seems to have enabled the smooth, invariable framerate. However, the animations and general art design are top notch, given what they had to work with. Much better than ALBW, for example. The use of 3D in this game is superb, they really designed it with the 3D in mind. So far the game is extremely easy, but I'm still having a lot of fun. I do hope the challenge ramps up a bit as I progress, though.

There is some gimmicky gyro stuff, but so far it isn't too bad.

The last Kirby I played was Return to Dreamland on the Wii, which disappointed me (it just wasn't that fun, really). I can already tell this one is much better.

I am halfway through world 3 now and this is definitely the best Kirby game ever made. It is just oozing with charm and incredibly fun.

This is for sure a day one for me.

Komo

Banned
Oh man, I haven't been excited about a 3DS title in quite some time.
Totally picking this up when it's released

Fireblend

Banned
This looks amazing, day 1 for me for sure, I've always loved Kirby.

Too bad Yoshi's New Island doesn't look remotely as good :(

zroid

Banned
630xfwu0i.jpg

Japan only of course

Kimppis

I've never played a Kirby game in life. Should I pick this up? Looks kind of interesting and I don't even know why... Maybe because it's on the 3DS lol. Are the games easyish? I absolutely suck at side scrollers.

maxcriden

I've never played a Kirby game in life. Should I pick this up? Looks kind of interesting and I don't even know why... Maybe because it's on the 3DS lol. Are the games easyish? I absolutely suck at side scrollers.

As MrSaturn99 said, the game should definitely be on the easy side. You can think of Kirby as Nintendo's platforming school game. It trains you how to play platformers decently. Kirby's Dream Land was one of my first video games, in fact. (They can get quite difficult to 100%, though.)

hongcha

I finished Story Mode with all Sun Stones, it took about 9 hours from start to finish. Great game, but unfortunately too easy. A few Sun Stones took a bit of skill to get, but that's about it. Still, I had a blast, so no regrets. The music is also seriously rad. Pretty much the best music I've heard out of a Nintendo 1st party game in ages.

I've dabbled in some of the other modes, but Kirby Fighters (with no online matches, thanks Nintendo!) interests me very little, as does the rhythm game.

After Story Mode you can keep playing to collect more keychains (they're random drops, so you have to grind for countless hours to get them all), but I don't collect virtual keychains, so I'm not going to bother.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
I finished Story Mode with all Sun Stones, it took about 9 hours from start to finish. Great game, but unfortunately too easy. A few Sun Stones took a bit of skill to get, but that's about it. Still, I had a blast, so no regrets. The music is also seriously rad. Pretty much the best music I've heard out of a Nintendo 1st party game in ages.

I've dabbled in some of the other modes, but Kirby Fighters (with no online matches, thanks Nintendo!) interests me very little, as does the rhythm game.

After Story Mode you can keep playing to collect more keychains (they're random drops, so you have to grind for countless hours to get them all), but I don't collect virtual keychains, so I'm not going to bother.

well i'll be damned, better than KIU, SMG, ALBW?
Gosh it must be all sorts of legendary

hongcha

well i'll be damned, better than KIU, SMG, ALBW?
Gosh it must be all sorts of legendary

Yes, better than all of those IMO.

I have to say Beetle is my favourite new copy ability. Buzzing around the air and wacking enemies with your horn is a lot of fun. Archer is a close second, and is the more useful ability. Clown and Bell are cute and fun as well, but not as useful as the other two.

missfuuchan

Neo Member
Finished Story mode with all Sunstones earlier today and did the Arena and Dedede's Drum dash yesterday - now to do a Kirby and the play though as
DeDeDe
- does anyone know if you need to get gold with each power to get the medal for Fighters?

I'll second that the music is really something! Just ordered the CD from YJ! Along with the Mario 3D World OST :)

Got all the sunstones today.

Fun enough game, but not sure if I'm interested enough to mess with Kirby fighters and King Dedede mode. Anybody working on those? Curious if they'll help me 100% the keychains.

hongcha

Got all the sunstones today.

Fun enough game, but not sure if I'm interested enough to mess with Kirby fighters and King Dedede mode. Anybody working on those? Curious if they'll help me 100% the keychains.

Glad to hear you finished it!

I think you only get the keychains in the story mode. I played through Kirby Fighters once and I don't recall getting any keychains.

Shawn6661

Gamekult.com Import Review

+ the new powers
+ awesome games in depth
+ gorgeous from the start to the end
+ some epic boss battles
+ flawless controls
+ you can play Dedede
+ the Smash Bros. like

- a less bold episode
- disappointing musics
- some heavy recycling at the end

7/10 (editor's choice)

Guru-Guru

Banned
I'm midway through the 3rd world at the moment. I picked up this game earlier today, and it is actually the first Kirby title I have played. Because of that the game feels really fresh to me, and I also like how well the 3d is implemented. I'm thinking that after I finish Triple Deluxe I will buy Kirby's Epic Yarn.

maxcriden

I'm midway through the 3rd world at the moment. I picked up this game earlier today, and it is actually the first Kirby title I have played. Because of that the game feels really fresh to me, and I also like how well the 3d is implemented. I'm thinking that after I finish Triple Deluxe I will buy Kirby's Epic Yarn.

Glad to hear you're digging it. My wife and I are working on 100%ing Epic Yarn right now and loving it. The OST is incredible, and 100%ing the game provides plenty of challenge.

Guru-Guru

Banned
Glad to hear you're digging it. My wife and I are working on 100%ing Epic Yarn right now and loving it. The OST is incredible, and 100%ing the game provides plenty of challenge.
Cool. Not sure if I will put the effort into getting 100%! I think another reason why I am enjoying it is because of the lack of difficulty. I like platformers, but kind of suck at them, and am coming off playing Donkey Kong Returns 3DS which I found to be frustratingly hard on a bunch of levels.

Cool. Not sure if I will put the effort into getting 100%! I think another reason why I am enjoying it is because of the lack of difficulty. I like platformers, but kind of suck at them, and am coming off playing Donkey Kong Returns 3DS which I found to be frustratingly hard on a bunch of levels.

Finishing Kirby Triple Deluxe actually gave me the confidence to go back and finish DK on the 3DS.

Zing

Banned
I'm trying not to spoil anything for myself in case I do pick up this game. There is one thing I need to know. What is the explanation for the "triple deluxe"? Is there a story or mechanic related to this name, or is it just one of the random japanese names?

I'm trying not to spoil anything for myself in case I do pick up this game. There is one thing I need to know. What is the explanation for the "triple deluxe"? Is there a story or mechanic related to this name, or is it just one of the random japanese names?
Triple - 3
Deluxe - D

3D

This game was cool, but I miss that god-teir Kirby Super Star. Man, that game is STILL amazing. The treasure hunting game, the meta knight story arc, man that was cool.

Now its JUST kid stuff.

NeonZ

This game was cool, but I miss that god-teir Kirby Super Star. Man, that game is STILL amazing. The treasure hunting game, the meta knight story arc, man that was cool.
I'll never get why they never made sequels following the format of Super Star, with the multiple modes and such. Almost every standard Kirby game afterwards clearly was influenced by Super Star, but they never seem to attempt to go for the multiple modes from Super Star again.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller

Now its JUST kid stuff.

While I will not disagree that Super Star was god tier, I will disagree with it all being kid stuff. I thought, for example, Canvas Curse was very fun and very challenging, and for Super Star Deluxe (the DS one of Super Star) had some fantastic new additions.

CANLI

I own the game (jp version) and i can say that it's the best Kirby I've ever played.

Just a negative thing is about the people who own the 2ds.
You must play this game with the 3D open to be perfectly satisfacted.

Top Bottom