• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kirby Triple Deluxe : new details and gameplay videos

maxcriden

It takes months for Nintendo's staff to use photoshop to give Kirby angry eyes on box art.

The thing is they won't even need to this time:

300px-Kirby_Triple_Deluxe_box_art.jpg

zroid

Banned
Any news on co-op?

I think there is good reason to suspect it will have 3 player co-op (though I'd wager a guess that it's offline only -- hopefully with download play, at least).

As pointed out by GameXplain, you can see the name of the character beside your health bar, which reminiscent of Return to Dreamland.

Additionally, the health bar looks to take up about one third of the screen's width... and the game is titled Triple Deluxe.

Velcro Fly

GameXplain video hyped me up way more than I was before.

Can't understand why we don't have any release info for NA/EU yet. Can't imagine it will be too long a wait. Maybe March/April?

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
They should bundle this with a special edition pink XL.

I'm really hoping that they'll add a hard mode for once. And not just one that lowers your health or increases enemy power. I mean the kind that changes up enemy patterns and placement.

Berordn

I'm really hoping that they'll add a hard mode for once. And not just one that lowers your health or increases enemy power. I mean the kind that changes up enemy patterns and placement.

EX mode was this in RtDL, though. Bosses and mid-bosses had totally new attack patterns and effects and in the stages the enemy sizes and placement were different (albiet not by much, room for improvement there).

missfuuchan

Neo Member
I've played the first 1-2 hours this evening and some of the extra modes - really impressed so far, particularly with the new powers, tweaks and fighters mode (which is a very promising indication of how smash 3ds will play) - happy to answer any questions!

I've played the first 1-2 hours this evening and some of the extra modes - really impressed so far, particularly with the new powers, tweaks and fighters mode (which is a very promising indication of how smash 3ds will play) - happy to answer any questions!

fighters mode would have been amazing online!

its a great little extra mode.

HyperHip

Is fighters mode single cart by any chance?

Drago

I don't see this coming out in NA until May at the earliest. January is obviously not happening, and Nintendo already has one big game for February (Bravely Default, Layton), March (Yoshi), and April (Disney Magic Castle or whatever it's called). Maybe it can happen in April but I kinda doubt it.

Sucks we have to wait so long but oh well. Maybe I'll get around to Return to Dreamland in the meantime.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
looks like a goddamned cartoon, I love it. Nintendo should make a tv serie along with it that could reach Peppa Pig's levels

Man wtf i want this now :(

Its not like kirby takes forever to translate like animal crossing. It seems like its just for release window bullshittery.

Shun

The game reminds me of my favorite Kirby game as a kid, Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards.

I really wish they brought back combining powers but I really looking forward to this one.

looks like a goddamned cartoon, I love it. Nintendo should make a tv serie along with it that could reach Peppa Pig's levels

They had a Kirby anime a few years back but 4Kids butchered it.

Velcro Fly

I've watched gameplay of the first three stages and a little of the fighting game and it looks fantastic. It's enough of the old that fans of the series will love it but the 3D adds enough new that I think it will be really good.

Top Bottom