• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kirby's Blowout Blast launches July 4th in Japan, new trailer

El Odio

Banned
My like only prediction for this past E3 that I felt almost 100% sure of was that they were gonna show this at the treehouse or something, be it a trailer or something else, and then do one of those "Available now/later" things. Hopefully it doesn't take too long to come over stateside after the 4th.

Ravidrath

A reasonable translation of the Japanese title would be "Kirby's Super Sucking Strategy."

Why aren't people protesting the title change as censorship!?

bigmac996

Wow this looks awesome. Looks way more progressive and innovative than the Switch game.

It's about time Kirby follows the Mario/ Zelda route and tries something new.

Mory Dunz

You guys insulting the Switch game plz stay away from kirby.

We've barely ever had 4 player co op Kirby. It's the one type of Kirby game I'll buy

Berordn

Guys! These games can coexist! It's okay!

(Though I'm wondering if anyone calling this innovative is aware that it's spun off of Planet Robobot)

goldenpp72

Wow this looks awesome. Looks way more progressive and innovative than the Switch game.

It's about time Kirby follows the Mario/ Zelda route and tries something new.

Yeah Kirby definitely never tries to diversify itself with dedicated new side games. Also, this new game is definitely a new mainline Kirby game and not a spin off.

Narroo

The Robo-bot mini-game was neat, but horribly underdeveloped. I think I'll grab this if it's a richer experience!

And it would be amazing if the title was "Kirby's Super Sucking Stratagem"

New Kirby's Dreamland? Looks pretty cool.

And I mean New Kirby's Dreamland like New Super Mario Bros, thank God they aren't going to name it that .

Yeah, 2D Kirby has been done, and the Switch game, as nice as it is, is just more of it.

This seems much more interesting from a gameplay perspective. How I wish this were the Switch game.

This seems to really going for nostalgia for the very first Game Boy game. Just in this trailer alone, we've got the Minty Breath theme, the boss theme, and Lololo and Lalala. Fitting, since it's the 25th anniversary.

Berordn

This seems to really going for nostalgia for the very first Game Boy game. Just in this trailer alone, we've got the Minty Breath theme, the boss theme, and Lololo and Lalala. Fitting, since it's the 25th anniversary.

More than that, the only track in that trailer that's not from KDL is the KA title theme (outside of the amiibo section of course). You can hear Float Islands as well.

Stencil

Whoa I didn't even hear about this. Looks interesting, I really like the 3D movement as well as the emphasis on aiming. Almost reminds me of Dream Course (the golf one, that was the name yeah?).

This is exactly what I've been wanting Kirby to become after playing 3D Rumble. Outside of being super basic/arcadey, it's honestly my favorite Kirby title. Felt great, loved figuring out the optimal patterns and retrying for faster times.
Really hope Kirby makes the jump to full 3D on a console one day.

Fireflu

Has a date for Europe/UK been revealed yet? Been eagerly waiting for this beauty!
Also this feels like one more baby step towards the inevitable full on 3D Kirby.

Initially I was against the idea as I couldn't see how it could work but if they were to use the Super Mario 3D World format I think it could.
They would need to implement a limit to flying like they did for Kirby 64 but a power up that enables unlimited flying that is either restricted by time or special stages could work.

El Odio

Banned
Hoping it's got more to it than the 3DS Robobot minigame, I was disappointed with that one.
I mean Kirby Clash Deluxe was a very nice expansion of the one version from RB, as was Drum Dash Deluxe. I don't see why this one wouldn't be either, especially since the levels seem more fleshed out instead of the stages just being small arenas.

It's a bit misleading to call this a 3D game; it's more like overhead Kirby, with a heavy focus on making chains and score attacking. Enjoyed it in Robobot even if it was a bit shallow, but hopefully they expanded it enough.

maxcriden

Wasn't really sure where to post this, but HAL has reconfirmed a 3DS Kirby title (rumored to be a fighting game) for Winter:

tumblr_oskujnVGv51s2z1y6o2_400.jpg

New Kirby games will be separate entries

Satoshi Ishida of HAL Laboratory recently posted on Miiverse with an all-new Kirby illustration and confirming that the upcoming Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo Switch Kirby games will be separate entries. The 3DS game will be a multiplayer action game and is re-confirmed for Winter release. The Switch game will be more traditional (royal road Kirby!) and is re-confirmed for 2018 release.

http://www.japanesenintendo.com/post/162597033449 (via GoNintendo.com)

BooJoh

So many people in this thread who probably didn't play the Robobot version of this and are in for huge disappointment when it's not the Mario 64 of Kirby games.

I was going to pass but if the price is low enough I'll probably get it anyway. 3D Rumble felt really short and shallow to me, but I'm not crazy about score attack games. With 25 stages this could be a nice little distraction at the right price.

Wasn't really sure where to post this, but HAL has reconfirmed a 3DS Kirby title (rumored to be a fighting game) for Winter:

tumblr_oskujnVGv51s2z1y6o2_400.jpg

http://www.japanesenintendo.com/post/162597033449 (via GoNintendo.com)

Really interested to see what the new 3DS game will be. I can't imagine good reactions if it's just another Kirby Fighters or Kirby Team Clash game... Maybe it'll be closer to Amazing Mirror? Who knows.

maxcriden

So many people in this thread who probably didn't play the Robobot version of this and are in for huge disappointment when it's not the Mario 64 of Kirby games.

I was going to pass but if the price is low enough I'll probably get it anyway. 3D Rumble felt really short and shallow to me, but I'm not crazy about score attack games. With 25 stages this could be a nice little distraction at the right price.

Really interested to see what the new 3DS game will be. I can't imagine good reactions if it's just another Kirby Fighters or Kirby Team Clash game... Maybe it'll be closer to Amazing Mirror? Who knows.

3D Rumble felt disappointingly shallow to me also - even as a minigame, by Kirby standards there is usually more to them than this seemed to have. Given that I will be very keen to hear your impressions of this game if you pick it up.

Regarding the new 3DS game, it seems like KF or KTC would be too similar and a disappointment potentially as you indicated (not into those ones myself) - but though the Nintendo and Nintendo-adjacent definitions of game genres seem different than in the West I have trouble picturing "action fighting" as a fully fledged story game with levels a la Amazing Mirror...would be pleased to be wrong though.

Top Bottom