• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kirby's Dream Collection |OT| Celebrating Kirby's 20th Anniversary

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
I don't remember Crystal Shards looking this good considering the hardware.

Honestly feels like it's the least blocky N64 game! Also, dat nostalgia! Game is pretty easy and short (I think, I don't really remember). I'm already around 22% done and I've collected all shards per level so far.

I've never played the other Kirby games so I'm excited!

Finally got mine in the mail today. Finishing up the OST now (yeah, I am one of the few people that actually like the music from Kirby games). I love the fact that selling my GB KDL2 paid for this, and I got an extra $25 from selling my SNES KSS. WIN!

Kazerei

Banned
So I beat all the levels in KDL3. I don't feel like going back through them to get all the hearts though. I'm not a fan of the animal friends, and they are pretty much the notable gameplay feature in KDL3.

I'm gonna play through Kirby 64 next!

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I played through Dream Land when I opened up the Collection. I've played through the game hundreds of times, and I use to carry around the Game Boy with the sound test open just to listen to the music.

Played through Dream Land 3 earlier in the year, so I'll probably pass on playing it so soon again. I am working on Dream Land 2 right now, a game I never owned, or beat. Only playing it in sort spurts when I could borrow a copy. It is like Dream Land 3-lite edition, with the puzzles featuring animal friends.

Crystal Shards and Super Star I've beaten in the last couple of years, but I'll definitely jump into both once more. Super Star is my favourite game in the series after all, and I love Crystal Shard's combining of abilities. I'm shocked it never made a come back.

For those wanting more Kirby after this collection, Mass Attack, Canvas Curse, and Dream Course are all amazing titles that take a different spin on Kirby.

So I beat all the levels in KDL3. I don't feel like going back through them to get all the hearts though. I'm not a fan of the animal friends, and they are pretty much the notable gameplay feature in KDL3.

I'm gonna play through Kirby 64 next!

I really love the animals in Dream Land 3. Their animations are so cute, and many of the puzzles involving them are pretty clever. But the best part of DL3 is..
the Metroid
stage.

Shabutaro

You know, ive known about this for a while, but i never looked into it. Just might have to pick it up now. Would love to play through crystal shards again

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I already own all of the games on original hardware, but I couldn't resist grabbing the collection as well.

The little booklet included is really nice, I must admit, and the museum section on the disc is a nice tough. It's a shame they didn't include EVERY Kirby game (excluding, perhaps, the Wii titles). There's no reason why they couldn't have fit every one of them on this disc.

I actually thought Crystal Shards had aged the most poorly. It feels so slow and clunky in comparison to the rest of the series.

Seik

Banned
I tried the game on Dolphin to feed my curiosity.

Conclusion: Only the challenges will work, all the classic titles freezes at launch and the museum works but the camera angle is fucked up big time.

BUT, I can say that the challenges alone are worth it, because those are real fun! :)

bjork

Saw this today, didn't even know it was out. You guys think this will dry up like the Metroid Trilogy disc?

This collection's quality has been quite a surprise, the museum is a bit barebones, but still well above what Nintendo did with Mario All Stars 25th anniversary.

olimpia84

I'm so pissed, my Newegg will arrive tomorrow. Did anybody have the same waiting issue? I guess I can't really complain since I got it for cheaper and their free shipping service clearly states that it can take up to seven days =/

Drago

I'm so pissed, my Newegg will arrive tomorrow. Did anybody have the same waiting issue? I guess I can't really complain since I got it for cheaper and their free shipping service clearly states that it can take up to seven days =/

Same issue, yeah. I sure hope my order arrives tomorrow!

The tracking # they gave me doesn't work so I've been in the dark about it for a week :/
I called and they said I'll have it by this Wednesday the latest so I hope they're right. Their Egg Saver shipping sucks, everything should have their free UPS 3 day shipping. :p

Platy

Played this at a friend's house.

The challenge mode is SO FUN !!!

And our OMFG face when we saw the
Smash Bros challenge room
was priceless !

Also loved how you can rotate all those boxarts ... pure sakurai fun moments =3

Drago

I can't imagine the shipment being very high, and I also can't imagine there being a second shipment... I'd snatch this game up ASAP if I were anyone else, all of Nintendo's Wii collections have become rare and overpriced after a period of time

Kazerei

Banned
I saw about a dozen copies at Wal-mart yesterday, so it doesn't seem to be that rare. But there may never be another print run, so if you want the game for yourself to play, buy one soon. I don't think Kirby's Dream Collection will ever get super-inflated prices like Super Mario All-Stars or Metroid Prime Trilogy though.

also

Banned
I can't imagine the shipment being very high, and I also can't imagine there being a second shipment... I'd snatch this game up ASAP if I were anyone else, all of Nintendo's Wii collections have become rare and overpriced after a period of time
I'll wait a little bit more for NoE to announce it before I import. Hopefully, it won't be sold out by then.

I saw about a dozen copies at Wal-mart yesterday, so it doesn't seem to be that rare. But there may never be another print run, so if you want the game for yourself to play, buy one soon. I don't think Kirby's Dream Collection will ever get super-inflated prices like Super Mario All-Stars or Metroid Prime Trilogy though.

That's good to hear.

I actually lucked out and got mine like Thursday or Friday last week, but its estimated arrival was yeah some time next week. Makes me not want to pre-order with them.

Kazerei

Banned
The Japanese version also comes with a set of full colour sheets for the included games with controls, I'm not sure the US version does. (correct me if I'm wrong, but I haven't spotted them in unboxing videos of the US version)

The US version does come with a normal instruction manual. It's basically all the controls pages stapled together.

2anDr.jpg

AAUdZ.jpg

drspeedy

Or, for the gambling-minded, wait a few weeks and watch for the one-time $20 sale price like Metroid Prime and Mario All Stars both somehow managed to get (at Best Buy and Amazon respectively, iirc).

This collection looks awesome, much better than the SM25th.

Or, for the gambling-minded, wait a few weeks and watch for the one-time $20 sale price like Metroid Prime and Mario All Stars both somehow managed to get (at Best Buy and Amazon respectively, iirc).

This collection looks awesome, much better than the SM25th.

Even better, buy at Target and you have 90 days to find it cheaper before your return window expires. That way you have it now and you have till pretty much the end of the year to get it cheaper.

Platy

Small question to the people who finished Return to Dreamland and this game's challenge mode :

Is the
Smash Hability
avaliable in Dreamland or is it exclusive to this game's challenge mode ?

Berordn

Small question to the people who finished Return to Dreamland and this game's challenge mode :

Is the
Smash Hability
avaliable in Dreamland or is it exclusive to this game's challenge mode ?

It's wasn't in Return to Dream Land, but it comes from The Amazing Mirror, technically.

Platy

It's wasn't in Return to Dream Land, but it comes from The Amazing Mirror, technically.

meh =/

It would make my "ok .. will buy Return to Dreamland someday" change to "must have this game now !!!!"

....I don't remember that from Amazing Mirror o_O

I guess I will just replay that then =P

Berordn

To be fair, Return to Dream Land has the lion's share of overpowered and over the top abilities. All the new abilities are super versatile and even Beam is upgraded to incredible power.

randomkid

My copy arrived today after an Amazon holdup for no apparent reason at all, I waited until the week before to pre-order (had to get it in the Goldbox!) maybe that was it?

Anyways, this art booklet sure is just what I wanted, the Twinkle Popo art is absolutely magical: "A pair of living airships. With such gentle eyes they must be friendly!" Whispy Woods is also chained for some reason?

I complained a lot about the $40 price, it's the most I've spent on a game this year but this ish is worth it. Never played any of the Dreamland games, let's get started.

olimpia84

Finally got this in the mail today from Newegg. I absolutely love the art booklet, it has a early 90s Nintendo Power feel that I'm enjoying. I also ripped the soundtrack and uploaded everything to my Google music account.

I only played the first game (Dreamland for GameBoy) and already beat it in one sitting...I believe it took me less that an hour but I'm not complaining, it was a fun little game.

zroid

Banned
I only played the first game (Dreamland for GameBoy) and already beat it in one sitting...I believe it took me less that an hour but I'm not complaining, it was a fun little game.

I had been contemplating getting that on the VC when it was released last year, but ultimately decided against. So, chose correctly :)

Drago

FINALLY got this today. Box was a little damaged but nothing really noticeable. The mail envelope it came in was 4 times the size of the game box o_o

Beat KDL in one sitting, was fun but really short. Fuck the blimp. Never played KDL2 so I'll be starting that one later tonight. Tried all the other games too for a few minutes, they all look great. :)

The presentation of everything is just phenomenal, from the excellent history book and CD to the wealth of on-disc bonuses. It's just pure bliss. Very happy I got this! It's a must have, and an excellent send off to the Wii.

Boogiepop

Haven't had a chance to play this yet, but I found it funny that in ripping the CD I found that everything on it is left with the Japanese information, heh.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Got it for free trading in Kid Icarus. Great little collection to have around. I had no idea Dreamland 3 on the SNES looked so damn good.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
This is certainly not rare like the Mario All-Stars Collection. I'm thinking this will be rare like Metroid Prime Trilogy.... but don't start panicing and hoarding yet. That was on shelves for months and months and months... it's just that it didn't get reprints like most Nintendo games.

RM8

Is it silly that I'm still buying Dream Land 2 when it hits the 3DS eShop? I just don't feel like playing handheld Kirby on my TV. The filtering is very good, though, it looks much better than what I expected.

Top Bottom