• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Knack II in development for PS4, according to animator's résumé

Status
Not open for further replies.
YAAAAAAAAAAS SLAY ME DADDY KANCK!!!!!!!

rs_500x279-151130143013-psy5.gif

So...Ratchet and Clank

And you're fucking delusional if you believe Knack plays anything like Crash lmao

I can name ten games right now that does the same thing what Knack fails in accomplishing but like

Better

Knack isn't a good game. No need to force yourself to eat it u

Nigga go outside

Cardon

I just started playing Knack, got it for $15 used, and thought the GAF hate was a bit overdone before I started playing it. But once I started my journey into Knack I quickly realized it was one of the most banal games I've ever played. I get that it's not a game for everyone and it has a smidgen of skill due to how the battle system is through knowing enemy movements and dying after one or two hits, but everything was just so bland. Overall it just felt like a forgettable Saturday morning cartoon.

So yeah, I hope some major improvements are done with Knack II if this is actually a thing.

Warxard

Banned
That's kind of the perfect situation for a sequel then isn't it.

Maybe if it was a radically different game?

Like, Knack's power is so cool it's more fitted for like, a focused action RPG akin to the original Darksiders than say, a weird platforming brawling hybrid.

Trago

I actually really think Knack's character design and visual aesthetic is dope, which is one of the main reasons why I bought the game at launch.

Shame about dat gameplay

Gameplay suffered from minor variations on jump/run to the next platform/zone and punch shit.

If you look at a game like 3D World, or even the classic Crash games, every few levels would introduce something new, keeping things fresh for most of the game.

Oversoul

Banned
Can't wait for that Ryse sequel.

Knack 2 needs it mediocre counterpart. Rejoice! The blandness of gaming torch will be carried on by these legendary garbage tier franchises!

Wakka212

Include actually challenging platforming sections and varied mission / combat design and I would love it.

At this point a nice graphics bump is in order too.

I enjoyed the original despite its flaws.

Oversoul

Banned
Gameplay suffered from minor variations on jump/run to the next platform/zone and punch shit.

If you look at a game like 3D World, or even the classic Crash games, every few levels would introduce something new, keeping things fresh for most of the game.

It's hilarious that a ps4 game like Knack is so goddamn basic and restricted that it's nearly 20 year old forefathers feel modern by comparison.

Trago

From Jumping Flash, Parrapa, Vib Ribbon, Ape Escape, Loco Roco, Patapon to Knack.

Sad stuff, Japan Studio.

You just reminded me why Studio Japan are secretly Sony's best first party developer.

They are better than this, and Knack can be great.

thank knack

I'll look forward to it, cus I always liked the concept. Plus I always give a game an actual shot instead of outright dismissing it.

Verendus

Banned
Clearly, that relentless show of support on NeoGAF that carried on for several months from 2014 into 2015 convinced Sony that Knack 2: Judgment Day was definitely the right decision. Bless you Knack Army. This is all thanks to you.

On a separate note, you all really need to stop stalking people on LinkedIn.

Rymuth

Bwahahah!

Sony saw all those Knack Army avatars and used that as a metric for the game's popularity.

Verendus, you planned it all!

Edit: beaten by the man himself by one second!

Frillen

Yay a sequel to a mediocre game, a game none would have cared about if it wasn't an exclusive. Just like The Order 1886.

Maybe if it was a radically different game?

Like, Knack's power is so cool it's more fitted for like, a focused action RPG akin to the original Darksiders than say, a weird platforming brawling hybrid.

Who says it won't be. If it's just a map pack for Knack it'll be shit, but if they keep it accessible but add some depth to it, fully explorable environments for example, more like classic mascot platformers like Banjo. Get really crazy with the particle system.

Could be cool.

Synth

Holy shit really?....

Well, at least I know not to let my curiosity get the better of me this time around.

Maybe this is finally the moment people will get their knack 1 on ps+.

If you want to sell Knack II, giving everyone the chance to play the original is a terrible idea. It'd be like trying to build hype for the new Sonic game, by offering everyone a copy of Sonic 06.

From Jumping Flash, Parrapa, Vib Ribbon, Ape Escape, Loco Roco, Patapon to Knack.

Sad stuff, Japan Studio.

That's not fair, since Studio Japan put out Gravity Rush, Puppeteer and Tokyo Jungle in recent years. Not to mention The Last Guardian is probably going to be something pretty special.

It's sad though. All those series' you mentioned are far superior, yet are dead as a dodo by now.

Warxard

Banned
Wow wait a goddamn minute

Knack gets a sequel before Tearaway and Puppeteer.

Ah well. At least Grav Rush gets a sequel and 1886 is dead and berried whew

Protome

Hopefully they add some variation to it. Knack was fun for the first couple of levels but then it continues for fucking hours and never adds any depth the combat or varies the encounters in any meaningful way beyond reskinning some of the enemies.

It did look pretty though.

Bishop89

Yay a sequel to a mediocre game, a game none would have cared about if it wasn't an exclusive. Just like The Order 1886.
Wasnt that bad of a game. What were you expecting, Bayonetta type combat?

And there are PLENTY of franchises where the first game sucks but the Sequels are majorly improved.

But I'm dying for a sequel to The Order 1886.

In fact, I'm possibly hoping more for a sequel to 1886 than I have for any other game ever.

Vinc

After the initial burst of laughter, I have to say I'm genuinely happy about this. If they simply improve upon the first one, I'll be really happy that we can get lower budget mascot games like this again. It's so delightfully old school and from an era I wish never ended.

I also have this dream theory in my head right now that they started development on it as Knack II and ended up turning it into Crash Bandicoot through a partnership with Activision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom