• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Knack Review Thread

SgtCobra

From Eurogamer *spoilers*:

There are two women in Knack; one of them is evil and the other one starts off bad, realises she was wrong and asks the men to save her. These are some last-gen gender politics.

Sony Japan am sexist?
jkjk

Amneisac

Man, I paid $40 for this, but I still might not open it after these reviews. This is far worse than I had expected. I bought it specifically for the co-op.

hwy_61

Banned
iCSGSoAoOPscE.gif

Perfect

LOL

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Can't say i'm surprised, though I guess I was hoping it was going to be better than the demo has left me to believe.

The game doesn't look finished. The demo I played seemed like just that, an early demo of a game that needs to be filled with "life". You literally would walk down a closed off street with just one or two enemies, nothing else moving, all static.

I think the idea is great, the execution seemed rushed.

I really hope it doesn't deter him from making a second game. I think if he actually has time to make his game, and not build a gaming console, we could have something special. But it really feels like an early PS2 game with fancier graphics. (I only played about 10 minutes of it).

daveo42

Banned
Oh wow. That's very disappointing. I'm still going to get it and play it on launch anyway, but not sure if it'll be one of the games I'm going to keep.

UberTag

Should have ported Gravity Rush instead.
What a disaster!

At least the Vita will get a decent platformer this month.

Listonosh

Definitely expected these scores, but after playing at the Sony Store, it was definitely a game I'll enjoy, despite the low scores.

thankfully i dont let reviews disuade my playing choices otherwise I would have missed out on some games I loved over the years, i'll still play this around launch time.

Majestad

Banned
I wonder if Knack was a Nintendo game how it would be perceived. Not making excuses but I think the general consensus is this game is filling a certain category at launch? Parents with kids or mainly for kids but elements thrown in for the more advanced user? Someone feel the same way? Chime in if Im looking at this right or the wrong way.

If it was a Nintendo game, it would probably have, you know, good gameplay and level design.

Mik317

Well shit.

Vire was right... More than he knew lol.

Shit oh well its free but I doubt I will hold on to it for long lol.

Nestunt

people that have more than , i dont know, 10 years of gaming should not be admired

just look at those videos

most was justification for ps4 pre orders

and watch dogs delay

Top Bottom