• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Knack Review Thread

QaaQer

Japan Studios continues to disappoint. Hope they really will turn this boat around.

They won't. To do that, they would need mass firings and an infusion of outside talent and some risk taking. And while I like Sony's hardware direction, their Japanese game talent is poor. I still cannot believe they thought Demon's Souls was garbage.

Skyr

cancel-that-bitch-meme-generator-cancel-that-bitch-6164e6.jpg

Kssio_Aug

Holly...
I didnt excpected Knack being that bad. I wasnt expecting a 10, but at least sometinhg like a 7~8. Disappointing, but I may buy it anyway... by videos the game looks so fun to play... thats why im so surprised.

Empty

ouch

no wonder cerny wasn't mentioning it in that ign interview and was all like 'well i spent 2/3 of my time on the hardware'.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
It's a 3D world killer! I mean, it practically has twice the amount of pixels

TheMan

remember, these scores came AFTER receiving free ps4's. imagine how low they would have been otherwise.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Really disappointed about the scores. I'll still play through the game(hopefully it's not a slog to play through) and then trade it in. It's a good thing I didn't pay full price.

Mobius 1

*tub emptied*

First bomba of the next generation :( really wanted this to be good and play through it with my son.

Maybe it would be a 10 for your son? This game is being reviewed by adults, but it does look attractive and accessible for children.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
On par with my experience with the game at La Fnac, I felt like I was playing a PSOne game in terms of game design. In a year that saw the release of a brawler like TW101, there are new standards. Like far, far better standards. In another thread, someone rightly said Knack target audience was kids, and perhaps they would indeed enjoy the game more than us.

Respawn

Banned
If it was a Nintendo game, it would probably have, you know, good gameplay and level design.

Hmm point taken. It will be at bomba $20 price Im sure soon enough. Looks like IGN aren't the only one's not feeling it. I guess this exist just to fill a category after all with not much in content to fill it.

Amneisac

Maybe it would be a 10 for your son? This game is being reviewed by adults, but it does look attractive and accessible for children.

I wonder about how many of them are saying it's 'frustrating' though. I have definitely heard it's meant to be punishing and challenging. I'm sure it has an easier difficulty, but still, might not be great for kids... which is kind of bizarre.

Top Bottom