• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Known worldwide sales of all Nintendo published titles during Fiscal Year 2016-2017

Lexxism

Dow we have any data on how Animal Crossing sold on other consoles? Is the 3ds the best seller? Or maybe the D's one?

theclaw135

Banned
Who would have thought Luigi's Mansion was THAT popular.

Holy shit

And people still buy Wii Sports?!

Now you know why I'm so critical of the way Wii first party support was dropped.
Totally unjustified to follow up Skyward Sword with scraps then screech to a halt (Kirby's Dream Collection had neither a PAL release or significant original content), here we are today and games continue to sell.

-shadow-

It blows my mind some are still selling as well as they do. Seriously, who doesn't have stuff like Wii Sports or Mario Kart Wii yet!?

Now you know why I'm so critical of the way Wii first party support was dropped.
Totally unjustified to follow up Skyward Sword with scraps then screech to a halt (Kirby's Dream Collection had neither a PAL release or significant original content), here we are today and games continue to sell.

also nintendo never made a proper sequel to resort. just wii sports club which is a slight upgrade of wii sports.

It blows my mind some are still selling as well as they do. Seriously, who doesn't have stuff like Wii Sports or Mario Kart Wii yet!?

The Wii seems to be very well suited as a console for low income families. You can get a second hand console and a suite of games for less than $100, which is pretty incredible value.

Triton55

All things considered Nintendo did a lot of things right software wise this past generation:

-Turned Luigi's Mansion into a tier 2 franchise (5 million + copies sold)
-Created a new popular franchise with Splatoon that has the potential to become one of their heavy hitters
-Made Fire Emblem a viable series
-Gave Zelda a second youth with BotW and made it an industry leading franchise again

Now if only they could salvage Metroid...

Also:

-Reestablished Animal Crossing as a top-shelf franchise after the series faltered on the Wii
-Kept Mario Kart and Smash buzz going with solid entries that sold well relative to their consoles and put them in a position to do well on Switch
-Gave Pokemon a second wind with Go and Sun/Moon, not that it was ever weak

Real shame about Metroid and Mario RPGs though. Seriously, those sting.

Celine

Also:

-Reestablished Animal Crossing as a top-shelf franchise after the series faltered on the Wii
Animal Crossing didn't falter on Wii.
The series, just like Monster Hunter, is better suited for handhelds therefore Nintendo shifted priority to them for AC.

Animal Crossing (GC): 2.27M
Animal Crossing (DS): 11.75M
Animal Crossing (Wii): 4.32M
Animal Crossing (3DS): 10.97M

Top Bottom