• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Koji Productions Death Stranding is an open world action game, has online elements

I *really* don't understand why they have him on stage if he can't talk about the game in any kind of detail beyond vague concepts.

I'd rather have media silence and wait than get blue balled every time Kojima decides to show up at a conference.
I think the point is they don't want you to forget that the game exist and in development, my guess is you'll keep hearing about this game every 3 or 4 months no matter how small the update is all the way to launch.

kvn

Everything about him at E3 and this conference revealing absolutely almost nothing is so fucking pointless.

DMONKUMA

Also I'm gonna say that you could have expected it to be an open-world action with online elements based on his interviews.....so well. :p

Edit:I fucking love that Kaz

kazkojimagnsh5.png

Cant wait to play this on my PS5 in 2021

daakusedo

That fighting spirit, he made a barebone openworld with a big budget and he's at it again.
At least he should scale down the maps.

Phantom Pain was so amazing. The open world wasn't something I was accepting of at first because of the 30 years of story that it got a bit in the way of, but with a clean slate and fresh universe to work with, I'm more than ready. But I'm always ready for whatever Kojima has to offer.

Alright. Can anyone figure out who the character on the right is supposed to be? User? Unannounced actor? Kyle Cooper?
Could be Mike Mikkelsen or Kevin Durand.

They rumored to be in the game as well. This gonna be the game where Kojima puts all his movie and tv actors in he likes haha

The marketing for this thing is going to be crazy. When Kojima made all those MGSV trailers the fans kinda knew what was going on and who the characters were. With this no one will have a clue of any kind. Its just going be the weirdest and most ridiculous shit ever. I have a feeling he will just troll everyone for years until finally releasing the game and it turns out to be completely different from everything he said.

The hype cycle for a Kojima game is almost as fun as playing the game itself.

Michael Huber said it best after the trailer at E3. "Religious experience."

If Hideo Kojima is Peter Jackson and Metal Gear is his Lord of the Rings, then Death Stranding will be his Hobbit.

It will still make a ton of cash and I will still be there Day One.

The marketing for this thing is going to be crazy. When Kojima made all those MGSV trailers the fans kinda knew what was going on and who the characters were. With this no one will have a clue of any kind. Its just going be the weirdest and most ridiculous shit ever. I have a feeling he will just troll everyone for years until finally releasing the game and it turns out to be completely different from everything he said.

The hype cycle for a Kojima game is almost as fun as playing the game itself.

Michael Huber said it best after the trailer at E3. "Religious experience."

Absolutely. It's why I can't get upset when things play out differently in the game. The trailers and build up are all a part of the game itself for me.

Mr. RHC

Meh, not too excited about this. Open world sounds to me like a lot of nice looking space without substance. I like MGSV and all but it's definitely guilty of that too.

If Hideo Kojima is Peter Jackson and Metal Gear is his Lord of the Rings, then Death Stranding will be his Hobbit.

It will still make a ton of cash and I will still be there Day One.

MGS1, 2 and 3 are his Lord of the Rings. MGS4, PW and V are his Hobbit. Death Stranding is out in no man's land.

AudioEppa

Yeeeah, I'm signing out of anything related to Death Stranding hype then. It's bad enough that the game won't be out for another four years, but it sounds like they're building on what they created with MGSV, and that wasn't a direction I appreciated.

Ah well.

Feel the same. I didn't buy V because of open world and just knowing before release it would fuck up everything. Kojima keeping it tight and heavy story focused is why I loved his games. There's always a chance DS isn't bad, but it's off my radar for now.

Neiteio

Well, he hit it out of the park with MGSV.

Making another open world action game just makes sense.
Exactly. Kojima is a whole new beast after MGSV. I revere the gameplay of MGSV in the same way I revere, say, Super Mario 64. Truly masterful movement and control. So I'm down to see what Kojima is doing for Death's Standing, even if so far the little we've seen looks pretentious as heck.

Skele7on

Banned
kojima productions is an Indie studio with a partnership with Sony.

Pretty sure he'll be pumping a lot of money and time into this project.

Exactly. Kojima is a whole new beast after MGSV. I revere the gameplay of MGSV in the same way I revere, say, Super Mario 64. Truly masterful movement and control. So I'm down to see what Kojima is doing for Death's Standing, even if so far the little we've seen looks pretentious as heck.

Yup, pretty much. Can't wait to see this one in motion, I'm sure he'll deliver just like with MGSV.

Ozium

why can't we get a 30 second CGI of Norman Reedus dancing half naked in the rain or something?

anyways, this leaked footage was supposed to be shown at the show but I guess they ran out of time?

nsync.gif

Scotia

Banned
Giving Kojima stage time so that he can ramble on about how he can't talk about DS yet with nothing but a quote and chibi art on the screen is maddening.

Marvel

could never
Hmm... can't say I'm excited.

Didn't think I'd see the day when I would say such a thing about a Kojima game.

Ludens

Banned
My thoughts:

-in the game characters will be linked with an umbilical cord to a God-like creature
-the God-like thing is inspired by I have no mouth and I must scream, using the people like puppets to stage an infinite was for its pleasure.
-the characters can't really die, so they want find a way to do so, or deduct themself from their status.

This seemed more like a thing aimed at the Japanese audience to let the stragglers know Kojima got something new cooking.

I'm still looking forward to seeing this game in full flight, launched on the PS5 Pro in 2021.

Trojan

Lmao at Kojima turning this into an open world game. So much for that small project he was going for. This won't see the release before 2019.

Top Bottom