• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kojima: Overly sexualized women in DS will be given a “deep background story"

L Thammy

Since this thread is back up, can I just note that I noticed some of this (explaining the character's costumes) in Terra Battle and it strikes me as kind of silly:

xdkld.png

Bonna is a young beastwoman who is well known as a teen idol in the overworld. In fact, she reigns as the most popular of them all. She dresses bizarrely, but that's par for the course in the world of showbiz.

This is fair, I guess, kind of weird having an idol character in what seems to be a normal fantasy setting but whatever.

The thrifty beastwoman still wears the same uniform purchased with her first month's wages. Although it no longer fits, she says she doesn't mind because her retirement fund is a bigger concern.

Okay, you got good art Terra Battle, you don't really have to bring this stuff to my attention. Just do your thing and move on.

Amina is a 20-year-old nurse who is always among the first to swoop onto the scene in times of crisis. While she wears a standard-issue mantle, there is nothing standard about the rest of her outfit, carefully handpicked to create a bold look of her own.

This is part of an attempt at self-promotion to stand out as an individual. She is a perfectionist who insists on quality work and won't overlook even the slightest mistakes. She suffers from chronically stiff shoulders as a result.

Now the character's entire profile is about their clothes. Help me out here Terra Battle.

Haven't noticed them doing the same thing with male characters, but it's a gacha game, so I suppose it's entirely possible that I just haven't gotten any of those.

Top Bottom