• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Konami confirms closure of Kojima Productions Los Angeles studio

Mexen

I am surprised they didn't try and say they are on vacation.

People would have caught on >_>

Can you imagine if 'vacation' became a euphemism for being canned? And then one day, you get called to the office, "Mr. Roach. Sit down. You've been working hard so we are rewarding you with a vacation!"

*Mr. Roach jumps out of window*

Lemonte

They skipped their summer vacation to get MGSV PC version out earlier and this is the reward they get. Good job Konami.

Kain

Maaaaaaan I want Kojima or someone in Kojipro to spill the beans and tell the whole story so badly >_<

TheBoss1

Man the ultimate dream would have Kojima and his studio back together under a big publisher that would give them the freedom they once had. I just hope he continues making stealth games in the vein of MGS.

TheBoss1

If only they had the Philosophers Legacy...
It's actually not that farfetched. After all he made a game series stay relevant for over a quarter century and is arguably the most well known name in video games, thanks to him plastering "A Hideo Kojima Game" on everything lol

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Is MGO still broken? Did they just abandon it or what?
Is MGO still broken?
Its not broken, there's also a patch improving game balance coming soon.

Did they just abandon it or what?
Read the OP

DevilFox

If they had their insurance service.. seriously though, a studio created only for MGO now closed, I'm not surprised at all.

Ludens

Banned
I don't know who is doing MGSV PC patches, but EVERY, and I mean, EVERY patch breaks something, including the one released today.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Before it's even out on PC? How long is this game gonna be supported post-launch?

Not very long. I said it in the "rumor" thread, they'll probably shit out 1.00 with all the unbalanced shit for PC and say "okay, we released MGO. We're out! Bye, bitches!" and drop support.

At least if it comes out on PC people can maybe reverse engineer and then balance update. Maybe. I dunno the state of modding beyond swapping models, but they had to crack the engine format which I don't think has happened yet.

I don't know who is doing MGSV PC patches, but EVERY, and I mean, EVERY patch breaks something, including the one released today.

Kojima Productions Japan/"Konami CE Japan" is the one doing the PC port now. Though Kojima Pro LA/"Konami CE LA" were the ones doing it initially and until launch. What royally sucks is that they crunched in the summer to get the game out same time as the console releases.

Madness

Kojima and KojiPro, jump on the Sony train! Go!

Sony is struggling itself with its first party studios, we've seen some downsizing and layoffs in the past few years and months as they consolidate their studios. They won't go on a hiring spree for KojiPro staff now. The industry is in a very poor state for a lot of devs right now.

Top Bottom