• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Konami would "absolutely" consider Castelvania: Mirror of Fate HD/console version

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
After their exclusivity period runs out that is.

CVG said:

Speaking to CVG in London this morning, Konami's head of UK studio Dave Cox confirmed the firm would "absolutely" consider an upgraded version of Mirror of Fate for home consoles, should it be successful on 3DS.

He said: "We created everything in high definition - all the textures, all the levels, high-poly models, everything - and we kind of shrunk it all down into the 3DS.

"Then we lost bones from characters, you know, we dropped the resolution of the textures and everything to make it fit. At MercurySteam we have an HD version of the game sitting there in a computer somewhere."

Asked directly if the studio would consider an HD console version, Cox replied: "Absolutely, yeah. We would consider it.

"We want as many people to play it as possible. Obviously we have an exclusivity deal with Nintendo right now though and they've been very supportive of the product."

Source: http://www.computerandvideogames.co...-would-absolutely-consider-mirror-of-fate-hd/

Eusis

But absolutely no way a Vita version right?
That would figure, but then again their support of the Vita's been better than Capcom's, so it seems like it'd be something worth keeping in mind so long as the system didn't keel over by the time exclusivity ended.

Macstorm

So it can't hit Vita because 3D is so crucial, but it can hit consoles easily? Gotta call BS on the first part now...oh wait, it was BS when it was first said.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I'm kind of surprised at how blatantly honest he is.

"Yeah this is all ready for HD, but uh we have this exclusivity contract right now, but call me later!"

Suzzopher

"Yeah this is all ready for HD, but uh we have this exclusivity contract right now, but call me later!"

It's weird as the game isn't out yet and could potentially turn away some people as they wait on an HD version instead.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Port begging is allowed now?

Thread context is important.

This is literally a thread about David Cox sitting there going "Yeah we'd definitely port this game around." so asking for specific platforms is appropriate.

It's not appropriate when we're sitting in "New trailer for Castlevania 3DS", since that isn't about what platforms the game could be ported to.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
So....Mirrors of Fate on the WiiU/PS3/360/maybe PC within the year?

If RE: Revelations is anything to go by, around one year and an half after Mirrors of Fate's release on 3DS.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
What happened to Lords of Shadow 2?

Effect

Oh I was planning to buy it now I'll wait.

This. I was considering a purchase but if they're going to talk like this I'll wait. Either the Wii U gets a version or if it doesn't and it just goes to the other systems that will still mean the 3DS version wil be priced lowed as a used game or low new as people won't bite while waiting for the console version.

Thanks Konami.

Stone him. Stone him, I say. Let's beat the last vestige of honesty out of him, until the only words he's capable of uttering are "no comment" and "we have no further plans for Mirror of Fate."

zroid

Banned
Cox is going to get reamed by Konami for this

...on second thought, it's Konami, so they probably won't even be aware he said anything. Nintendo might not be happy though.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Seems like something that could have been a great digital pre-release before the main game hits on the 3 platforms LoS2 comes out on.

That it is coming out on the 3DS when it's bigger brother the WiiU isn't getting the main game and the stories are linked was an odd choice.

Chairhome

Thread context is important.

This is literally a thread about David Cox sitting there going "Yeah we'd definitely port this game around." so asking for specific platforms is appropriate.

It's not appropriate when we're sitting in "New trailer for Castlevania 3DS", since that isn't about what platforms the game could be ported to.

Understood. I guess it just bugged me a bit seeing this happen with RE: Revelations as well. And I own a vita.

What a stupid thing to say weeks before its released.

Let's just kill off any 3DS interest by talking up a HD version. Seriously how stupid can you be?

Not surprised about no vita mention. Come on guys, that's never gonna happen.

Ridley327

...on second thought, it's Konami, so they probably won't even be aware he said anything

I'm sure the only thing that Konami is thinking of these days is "why can't we get more Metal Gear games out faster," so they may not even know that they're putting out other games.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr

...on second thought, it's Konami, so they probably won't even be aware he said anything. Nintendo might not be happy though.

Out of curiosity, does Konami have any other games announced for Nintendo platforms?

liger05

What a stupid thing to say. So people can now just wait cos they all but confirmed a port is down the line.

grumpy

A part of me wants this game to turn out shit and to sell like shit.
I still can't believe we're two years into the life of a nintendo portable and there's no 2d igavania in sight.

Well damn, nice to get a straight answer on something like this for once. Might not be all that smart from a marketing standpoint, though.

Smellycat

What a stupid thing to say weeks before its released.

Let's just kill off any 3DS interest by talking up a HD version. Seriously how stupid can you be?

It is even worse because he is saying the game wasn't even made for the 3DS. It was made in HD and then shrunk to fit the 3DS.

But absolutely no way a Vita version right?

iGl9FbNZiYXR9.gif

Top Bottom