• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Konami would "absolutely" consider Castelvania: Mirror of Fate HD/console version

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
So then someone else replied:

so it's absolutely, 100%, not currently in development or planned for any platform other than 3DS, period?

To which he responded:

100% not planned or in development for any other system.

You think he's just gonna announce the game on Twitter? Come on, man.

Well, he could have completely ignored the question if it weren't true. Surely he isn't obligated to respond to tweets about confidential information.

I would assume he got an unpleasant phone call.

I'm more inclined to believe it is in development than it's not. Castlevania stuff especially tends to leak way early.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Nope, I'm posting information that he's relaying. You got a problem with that?

You seem like you're trying desperately hard to get him to back pedal on what he's already said on CVG.

Suck it up. Move on. Maybe we'll all be back here in a few months. Maybe we won't.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Awesome to know! Just put it with Lords of Shadow 2, Konami.
In my dreams.

Now that I think about it, it's a miracle Konami didn't cut MG1 and MG2 from MGS3 in the HD collection, just to sell it in the respective stores.

Nintendo's exclusivity deals probably state that ports are possible to all platforms after one year, except Vita.

That's quite BS, everything but the one handheld? They really want to kill Vita. I mean, it's not like it needs that much killing.

GoyeXmi.png

Aw, shucks. Oh well. Maybe it wasn't supposed to happen... Just yet.

I'm going with Sammy on this one. Not unheard of for a developer to lie, and Cox has a reason to try to cover his tracks.

Yep.

David Jaffe:

We are absolutely, positively not making Twisted Metal. I am not even going to E3

2 weeks later, Jaffe is there presenting Twisted Metal for PS3.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
They skipped 2013 and are allegedly going to release the new PES made with the Fox engine, same as for the PES WiiU.

We'll see if that's true.

That seems fairly weird considering 3ds got a port, unless a 3ds is easier to port/make a game for than the Vita.

Hero

You seem like you're trying desperately hard to get him to back pedal on what he's already said on CVG.

Suck it up. Move on. Maybe we'll all be back here in a few months. Maybe we won't.

Desperately? I tweeted to him one question. How is that desperation? I'm not emotionally attached or invested in this particular game at any rate.

If you don't care then you can leave the thread but to some people this is worth discussion.

test_account

XP-39C²
Crap, I forgot about that one.

But given that (AFAIK) it was the sole Vita title announced in 2012, and that KojiPro's announced post-MGSHD Vita support appears to have been quietly cancelled, I don't think it disproves my point.
Which indication is it that it has been canceled? I dont think that ZoeHD is much of an indication if we're talking about seeing some new game(s).

That seems fairly weird considering 3ds got a port, unless a 3ds is easier to port/make a game for than the Vita.
The 3DS already has a PES game. It wouldnt surprise me if the 2013 3DS version is basically just a rooster update (and maybe a few tweaks/additions).

I was considering getting this game if it turned out good, not for full price though, so I was gonna wait anyway, but Nintendo must be mad right now if they payed for exclusivity.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I was considering getting this game if it turned out good, not for full price though, so I was gonna wait anyway, but Nintendo must be mad right now if they payed for exclusivity.
They are distributing the title in Europe at least, NoE should be pissed.

Which indication is it that it has been canceled? I dont think that ZoeHD is much of an indication if we're talking about seeing some new game(s).

At TGS 2011, KojiPro promised a future multiplatform Fox Engine title for Vita (more than one? I'm not completely clear). What we've seen of Ground Zeroes looks well beyond anything that could easily be downported to Vita, and it's not one of the confirmed platforms.

test_account

XP-39C²
At TGS 2011, KojiPro promised a future multiplatform Fox Engine title for Vita (more than one? I'm not completely clear). What we've seen of Ground Zeroes looks well beyond anything that could easily be downported to Vita, and it's not one of the confirmed platforms.
Personally, i dont see that as much of an indication, both regarding for or against that Kojipro has canceled Vita support. No games uses the Fox Engine yet (i dont think that the engine is 100% finished either?). Ground Zeroes seems to be made with HD platforms in mind, so i dont think this games was planned for a handheld device to begin with. From what i remember, Kojima only said at TGS 2011 that the Vita will support Fox Engine and that future titles will use it. "Future titles" could be years away, hard to say since nothing more specific was mentioned (from what i can remember at least), in my opinion.

farnham

Banned
So....Mirrors of Fate on the WiiU/PS3/360/maybe PC within the year?

that is not possible

I find it kinda baffling that nintendo is supporting this game. The dev has been pretty clear that they wont be co sidering a wiiu port of castle vania los 2 but this game? Once exclusivity period is over they are publicly saying that they will port it everywhere

yurinka

Oh, I was expecting to reply : 'Well I said today that we still have a exclusivity deal with Nintendo but fuck them, we're going to port it everywhere as soon as it ends! I'll be back to announce all the versions in 5 minutes, as soon as I smoke the contract! See you!

ironcreed

Banned
I hope they do bring it over. Kind of silly for us to be getting LoS 1 & 2, but not this. I mean, it is part of the story.

rjc571

Banned
Mirror of Fate looks atrocious. They should confine it to as few platforms as possible so they don't hurt the Castlevania brand anymore than they already have.

Kandinsky

So then someone else replied:

so it's absolutely, 100%, not currently in development or planned for any platform other than 3DS, period?

To which he responded:

100% not planned or in development for any other system.
Yeah keep trying Mr. Cox you already killed any (little) interest most people had in the 3DS version, lets play the waiting game now!

/Team Sammy

Vamphuntr

Interesting. I think I will wait before buying it for the 3DS. Don't want to do the same mistake I did with Revelations. It was a great game but it is quite annoying when a better upgraded version with new content comes out on another platform.

ArjanN

that is not possible

I find it kinda baffling that nintendo is supporting this game. The dev has been pretty clear that they wont be co sidering a wiiu port of castle vania los 2 but this game? Once exclusivity period is over they are publicly saying that they will port it everywhere

Nintendo is free to pay for a longer exclusivity period. Konami certainly has no reason to keep the game exclusive any longer than that period.

Maedhros

The fact that Konami is giving no support at all to Wii U...aside from this, possibly, and RE:R Unveiled Edition SKUs makes me think that the Nintendo exclusivity contract allows for ports of 3DS titles after a little amount of time, BUT with two conditions

1)No Vita
2)There must be a Wii U SKU

Makes 0 sense.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Why does the 3rd party companies love sabotaging their nintendo platform titles so much? Konami announced MGS HD collection before MGS snake eater 3D release too.

And then announcing mass effect collection before mass effect 3 Wii U, announcing RE4 PS2 before RE4 GC etc.

Foffy

Banned
Well, I dropped a hint about this last month or so.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=46189795&postcount=75

I didn't want to leak anything because I thought it would hurt the 3DS version, but obviously Mr Cox doesn't care, so...

Yes, it's coming to PS3, 360, Wii U and PC.

I have no idea to believe if this is true. This could be a joke, but at the same time, the "consideration" effort on Cox's part would heavily imply most, if not all of those platforms.

Top Bottom