• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kosuke Fujishima (Ah! My Goddess) (Age:51) marries cosplayer Otoginekomu (Age: 20)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripon

Also expecting a child.

Here's a translation from Loserbait on Reddit.

漫画家・藤島康介さんが結婚 相手はコスプレイヤーの御伽ねこむさん 歳の差31歳
Manga author, Kosuke Fujishima gets married with partner, cosplayer Otoginekomu. Age difference of 31 years

コスプレイヤーの御伽ねこむさんが、「逮捕しちゃうぞ」「ああっ女神さまっ」などを手がけた漫画家・藤島康介さんと結婚したことを発表しました。御伽ねこむさんは1995年生まれ(20歳)、藤島康介さんは1964年生まれ(51歳)で、年齢差は31歳。

Cosplayer Otoginekomu and author of "You're Under Arrest!", "Ah! My Goddess" among others, Kosuke Fujishima, have tied the knot. Otoginekomu was born in 1995 (20) and Kosuke Fujishima was born in 1954 (51), giving a 31 year age difference.

また、御伽ねこむさんのブログでは、結婚と同時に妊娠していることも報告。「また皆さんの前にママレイヤーとして出れるように頑張ります」としており、出産後も活動を続ける予定です。

Additionally, Otoginekomu's blog has stated that along with their marriage, she is also expecting but plans to continue event participating leading up to the child's birth.

3DCG写真集「月刊ドロンジョ dronjo by 御伽ねこむ」が発売されたり、テレビ番組「行列のできる法律相談所」(日本テレビ系列)に出演したりと、最近まで精力的に活動を行っていました。しかし、6月23日には翌日に控えたライブイベントの出演を、体調不良により断念しています。

Having released 3DCG photoalbum, "Weekly dronjo by Otoginekomu", appearing in TV Tokyo's, "Line Up and Get Ready For The Legal Information Center", she has up till now been enthusiastic with her appearances. However, on June 24th, she was absent from a live event, citing poor health.

御伽ねこむさんの結婚、妊娠については所属事務所ホリプロも同様の発表を行っていますが、藤島康介さんは執筆時点でコメントを発表していません。

Otoginekomu's marriage and pregnancy announcement coincided with her company, Horipro's
announcement. Kosuke Fujishima has yet to make any official announcements.

https://www.reddit.com/r/manga/comments/4qe4jk/ah_my_goddess_youre_under_arrest_manga_author/

Here is the original article in Japanese. http://nlab.itmedia.co.jp/nl/articles/1606/29/news079.html

Jonnax

I think this guy would be more famous in the West as the character designers for the "Tales of" series.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
*Googles her*

You son of a bitch.

I remember people bitching about the Ah! My Goddess manga because
something about the MC getting NTR'd or Belldandy purposely preventing the MC from having sex or wanting it.

_Ryo_

Is this really that uncommon? Tons of old famous people marry young famous people. Cosplayers and Manga/game artists can achieve a relative amount of fame in todays entertainment climate.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I think this guy would be more famous in the West as the character designers for the "Tales of" series.

Famous "Tales of"

lol

Ah! My Goddess is a pretty well known title in the geek circle that would know Tales of.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
CaJKuNmWAAA7IZ7.jpg:orig

AnGer

remember people bitching about the Ah! My Goddess manga because
something about the MC getting NTR'd or Belldandy purposely preventing the MC from having sex or wanting it.

The latter, actually. Him desiring a sexual relationship would mean she'd face the possibility of leaving him b/c of silly heaven rules.

OnTopic: Errrr... OK, I have seen the Stones get girls half their age. Nothing spectacular to see here.

You're Under Arrest and Ah! My Goddess provided waifus for generations of anime and manga fans. He is now living the life he deserves.

*Googles her*

You son of a bitch.

I remember people bitching about the Ah! My Goddess manga because

The goddesses basically eliminate any 'sex drive' a healthy young male would have as him wanting to bone her violates the MANDATE OF HEAVEN or some bullshit like that.
Funny thing is he doesn't even care. As long as Belldandy is his 'girlfriend' forever all is good in the neighborhood. Yeah, the manga suddenly lost a lot of it's luster.

Anyway, congrats to them both. Hope they have a successful and happy relationship with each other.

Zaptruder

Banned
Other than the whole 'ew age difference' thing, it's probably a better choice for her than most guys her age (mature man with adequate financial support).

I mean as long as she's adequately sexually satisfied (with a bub on the way, seems so), or they have some prior arrangement...

Seems like they'll be happier than many couples.

And you know... if he wants to support a young wife and has the power to do so... then congrats? If he's been working hard up till now like the typical mangaka, then he's basically just catching up on lost years!

Hope they have a happy marriage. When I was 20 I know marriage is the absolute last thing on my mind. Hell, I'm nearing 30 and still have no consideration for it.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Is this really that uncommon? Tons of old famous people marry young famous people. Cosplayers and Manga/game artists can achieve a relative amount of fame in todays entertainment climate.

i wouldn't even say relative, Oda is the creator of the biggest entertainment franchise in and there's a number not that far away. Other manga can command fame not that far away.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
It's blowing my mind that I consider a 20 year old woman too young to date.... but at the same time, I'm 20 years younger than the dude. If I made the same move at 51, she'd just be born right now.

Not hating though. "Nice". In the legal way :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom