• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kosuke Fujishima (Ah! My Goddess) (Age:51) marries cosplayer Otoginekomu (Age: 20)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Age disparities wherein old guys go after young women bug the crap out of me

Obviously it's up to her, but it reminds me of like, medieval times where dudes who had just reached the age of owning land married girls who could just barely make babies. Patriarchal af vibes

Why would it remind of you that AT ALL?

And why would something that two people not connected with you at all bug you? I don't see how this affects you at all.

I can't imagine they have much in common other than sex and anime. At least Cloontang aimed for late 20s/early 30s women with real jobs.

Xisiqomelir

your-under-arrest-1.jpg

Zeroth

Two consenting adults marrying each other, and you say that it's creepy and disturbing?

You don't even know the lady, what a judgmental condescending thing to say :/

Whenever age issues are brought up, I know some people just dismiss them because "It's creepy!". However, the bigger problem with big age gaps is that the relationship is built on uneven grounds. One partner will be in a position of power compared to the other.

Naturally, it's important to point out age matters in this gap. A 10 year gap between a 30 year old and a 40 year old is not the same as, say, a 18 year old with a 28 year old.

Doesn't mean age gaps make a relationship wrong, but that in some cases it can be seen as a relationship where one part has power over the other and may be overly influential to the point it's not a "fair" relationship.

KonradLaw

Good for him. Plus this is japan. Likely they will have 50 more years of marriage ahead of them ;)

My personal goal is to marry to a woman young enough, so that my new mother in law will be younger than me ;)

Whenever age issues are brought up, I know some people just dismiss them because "It's creepy!". However, the bigger problem with big age gaps is that the relationship is built on uneven grounds. One partner will be in a position of power compared to the other.

Naturally, it's important to point out age matters in this gap. A 10 year gap between a 30 year old and a 40 year old is not the same as, say, a 18 year old with a 28 year old.

Doesn't mean age gaps make a relationship wrong, but that in some cases it can be seen as a relationship where one part has power over the other and may be overly influential to the point it's not a "fair" relationship.

Maybe you should give some examples or some data to back it up? Because your post doesn't actually "say" anything except there could be issues.

So what kind of power has a 51 years old guy over a woman who works for her living.

qcf x2

Dude was 31 when she was born, to some people that's a bit disturbing.

Why? That seems not only insulting to the guy, but also to the woman, as if to suggest that she is being taken advantage of because she's not smart enough to decide who she loves.

You guys have some bizarre ideas about the world.

Zeroth

Maybe you should give some examples or some data to back it up? Because your post doesn't actually "say" anything except there could be issues.

My statement was directed at the notion no problems can come from age difference, when there are different aspects that people deal with at different ages and that may affect such relationships. To elaborate..

So what kind of power has a 51 years old guy over a woman who works for her living.

This power doesnt have to be monetary. Emotional, psychological, all these aspects come at play. For example, middle-aged people who target younger people because they are more impressionable.

Mind you, even people at the same age have different degrees of these issues, so it's not like a relationship of people who are at the same age wont deal with this. The important aspect is that the age difference may make them even more evident to the couple.

Foolworm

Oh boy, now the marriage part is being disputed. Things are going to turn ugly... and public.

Didn't Fukushima have a steady girlfriend he was going to marry?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom