• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

kotaku: 3ds XL circle pad pro hands on: "comfortable, but not too big"

Demoli

I completely agree! Such a shame people are buying this ugly thing in drones while ignoring the superiour handheld, the Vita which is the best handheld ever designed. That's one thing I never like about Nintendo, releasing old, subpar technology.

v4wpb.gif

Back on topic, that actually looks quite confortable, the grooves in the back seem more accentuated and the right side should give you more reach to the buttons.

Actually, I was hoping for a lighter back...
Even if the grips looks better. BTW, the first CPP was nearly no use. I had one and never used it. Its collecting dust.

Tenki

I completely agree! Such a shame people are buying this ugly thing in drones while ignoring the superiour handheld, the Vita which is the best handheld ever designed. That's one thing I never like about Nintendo, releasing old, subpar technology.

But people prefer games rather than specs.

Nibel

Who gives a shit how it looks

Do you use your handheld or is it part of your museum-like interior

This thing needs to be comfortable, I can't touch my original 3DS because it's fucking small - I need comfy gaming, and the XL + this will grant me comfy gaming

IrishNinja

XL fits in most pants pockets for me, no idea what this'd do to those odds. again not enough games supporting it to take interest either

I mean, it's not like I'd take it out in public, but I don't have enough self confidence to take a 3DS out in public regardless.

..every handheld thread, there's one of you weirdos, it never fails

Hyuga you dont need to login to an alt when you're not banned

Odrion

Banned
There shouldn't be a second analogue stick for the 3DS at all, and we shouldn't be having to deal with console wannabe dredge for software.

lemonade

Now that's some ugly shit right there. A prestigious company like Nintendo that has been in the biz for this long should not be going through this.

My issue with both CPPs isn't size or ugliness, it's that they block the cartridge slot intentionally so that you have to remove the 3DS from the CPP to switch games. Blarg

gogogow

Hyuga you dont need to login to an alt when you're not banned

lmao.

On-topic: It really doesn't add that much in size and is more ergonomical compared to the first CPP. But I doubt i'll buy one. I'll have to play MH first and see if the touchscreen works well enough to control the camera.

DGRE

Banned

Also it's droves, not drones. Sigh.

I think 3dsXL/CPPro threads would be much more interesting if detractors would post their own pics of what they would do design wise to add what the CPPro does to the XL WITHOUT increasing its size. The original device has no second stick, this is a fact of life. But with this add on you can have one if you really want one. So everyone saying its hideous or too big etc, ill gladly look over your sketches or ideas for how to add on to something without making it bigger etc.

There are a million "should ofs" or "should bes" out there. You never realize "why not" until you actually have to do it yourself. So lets see those sketches haters.

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
I'm glad there are more people in this thread who can see how bad this new CPP is. That other thread was kind of weird.

Awesome. :lol

I think 3dsXL/CPPro threads would be much more interesting if detractors would post their own pics of what they would do design wise to add what the CPPro does to the XL WITHOUT increasing its size. The original device has no second stick, this is a fact of life. But with this add on you can have one if you really want one. So everyone saying its hideous or too big etc, ill gladly look over your sketches or ideas for how to add on to something without making it bigger etc.

There are a million "should ofs" or "should bes" out there. You never realize "why not" until you actually have to do it yourself. So lets see those sketches haters.
Move shoulder buttons slightly higher. Increase system height by a quarter inch. Add second set of shoulder buttons. With this height there's enough space for the circle pad and extra space for a bigger battery.

Yes, I added a quarter inch. A little thicker isn't going to hurt, having something thick to hold will make your hands hurt less (see: CPP). Look what happened to the 3DS. Nintendo decided the 3DS had to be the same size as a DSLite and it suffered for it in ergonomics, battery life and an absent second stick.

Next of all, you requiring "haters" to create their own designs is a bit much. Just because someone can't personally design it themselves doesn't invalidate their ideas.

Also I have already made a mock-up back in the redesign speculations threads that illustrates my idea. I don't need to post it again.

NoRéN

Why you try so hard, junior?

Skilletor

I feel like this is a joke post.

CPP looks super comfy. Will definitely buy when it's released.

This is one situation where everyone would be better off if Nintendo actually copied Sony's designs for once, but no one will admit it, least of all Nintendo.

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
I like this picture because the color contrast makes it clear that the pro isn't adding much size at all.
I'd say the dark brown color for the stand was intentionally chosen to blend with the CPP, working in conjunction with the contrasting 3DS XL.

zonipoi

Is this supposed to be portable, right?
I'm glad it's optional, because you would have to be nuts to use this thing.

Well, as you said, it is optional add-on to a portable device that a lot of people play mostly at home. I don't think I'm nuts when I prefer playing more comfortably.

ciridesu

Why wouldn't they... ...
I'm so not gonna buy another one of these... abominations, jeez they look horrible, why wouldn't they just...

The cost cannot be validated for there is so few games avi for it's use, why wouldn't they just add... asd

1.gif

Wise fwom yo' gwave!

Necro-posting to ask if anyone has tried one of the Japanese Circle Pad Pro XLs on a North American 3DS XL? I'd like to grab one of these on eBay for Revelaitions and MGS3D but I wanted to be sure it wasn't region dependent because of software compatibility or something...

massoluk

Banned
Fucking BS in that with that size, there's no reason not to put lithium battery in there and have it act like 3DS XL extended battery.

Top Bottom