• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kotaku: A Random 4chan Poster Leaked Nintendo's Switch Event Before It Began

Simo

Now we have moved on to another 6 year old game

just what the switch needs

According to Take Two, L.A Noire is actually a good brand and potential franchise along with GTA and Red Dead due to the number of copies it sold. So if for example a follow up was in the works that could be coming to all platforms then a rerelease or remake for the Switch might make sense since it was never released for a Nintendo system originally.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Interesting you mentioned this and then today the L.A Noire remake for Switch rumor pops up today..lol

Yan is hit and miss and honestly I wouldn't really hold too much weight to his rumors as he's been wrong just as much as he's been right just from my experience reading his leaks.

Folks datamine Rockstar's updates and patches to get an idea on what's potentially coming in future updates and try to pass these off as leaks.

You seem to have a much more balanced view on the guy compared to who answered to me on Twitter, I really appreciate it, thanks.

Simo

You seem to have a much more balanced view on the guy compared to who answered to me on Twitter, I really appreciate it, thanks.

Hey no problem. Again he's gotten stuff right about some future GTA online content but then last year he was told RDR2 would be announced and revealed at E3, and well that obviously didn't happen. lol

Switchmas day 12 - New Metroid game from an unexpected studio
from-software.jpg

Eolz

About that

https://twitter.com/Yan2295/status/820686420599853057

I've asked on Twitter about this guy, and he seems to have a good grasp on developments at R* (he seemingly leaked several DLC stuff for GTA months in advance), but of course I can't rely just on that, I need more proofs from more people. Anyone here knows him and can speak on his status as a leaker?

Meeeeeeeh.
Missed opportunity to not ask for Red Dead 1. Although it would have probably been way harder to port.
Or GTAV/O...

edit: ah, just read Simo's post, good.

Most people would shrug it off, but Bully is my favorite Rockstar game, so I'd be thrilled.
It has a good chance since it was just released on Android/iOS and it fits the mobile hardware nature of Switch.

L.A Noire seems difficult to me, so does Red Dead Redemption with all of its troubled development history.

Bully: Scholarship Edition is the most likely choice here, I reckon.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Not surprising, lots of stuff leaks through 4chan. You're more anonymous and you won't get banned if you're wrong there.

You get banned here because GAF higher ups value the reputation of the site.

News outlets source GAF and GAF has legitimate influence in the industry. Insiders SHOULD be vetted and held to account. It's part of what makes the site what it is.

Just seems that with Bish gone, there seems to be a lot more "insiders" coming out of the woodwork who mostly seem to be full of shit.

You get banned here because GAF higher ups value the reputation of the site.

News outlets source GAF and GAF has legitimate influence in the industry. Insiders SHOULD be vetted and held to account. It's part of what makes the site what it is.

Just seems that with Bish gone, there seems to be a lot more "insiders" coming out of the woodwork who mostly seem to be full of shit.

Bish is gone?

Magwik

Banned
LKD and Eurogamer were so on in October's Switch reveal, so it's disappointing that they got so much wrong here. I mean, OK Nintendo maybe decided late not to show some things, but how do you completely miss 1 2 Switch?
I highly doubt there was a single person sitting around thinking "I cannot WAIT to leak this game to the internet. They will be so excited!"

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Do they have any history of good puzzle design or dense world design (gameplay-wise, outside of combat)? I have played some mech game and Dark Souls 3 from them and neither gave me any confidence they'd be a good pick for a Metroid game. Moreover both their games I have played were sloooow, which is not really a good fit for Metroid either.

PtM

Banned
Found it, it was in one of those OTs.
The initial sighting is here, with a small echo:
Anyone knows something about patents?

Someone on 4chan saying "He working the set up for the event in europe"

Naming a game fron Frozenbyte called Has been Heroes.

and there is a patent of it, which also have this

"Video game cartridges; Video game cartridges and cassettes; Video game cartridges and discs; Video game discs; Video game software; Video game tape cassettes; Video and computer game programs; Virtual reality game software; Virtual reality software for playing computer games and video games for computers and video game machines"

Links:

https://trademarks.justia.com/870/74/has-been-87074913.html
https://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/363582251#p363590243
Picking up steam again here, and then a few pages later gets the poll added:
The 4chan leak yesterday (The Mario Odyssey leak) mentioned It being a Splatoon sequel rather than a port. Did he say that before Emily said her latest thing?
LiamR joins in:
I'm just saying that it's not called "Mario Kart 8 Deluxe".
A voice of reason:
...why are people assuming the 4chan leak is the launch lineup when it's source is a guy working on the playable demo floor? A game can be playable and not be coming in two months as well.

EDIT: Seriously, why? Has there been some other info I haven't heard or something?
The tides have turned:
Another crack in the wall:
Hello Folks. I did some research and, while not definitive, may lend some truth to the leak.

supermarioodyssey.com is registered to CSC Corporate Domains

CSC handles most of Nintendo's domains, but note that they also handle tons of domains.

The last update to the domain was around 10:04 EST by CSC Corporate Domains.

TLDR: The company that handles Nintendo's domains currently has supermarioodyssey.com and updated the domain today.

Not a confirmation, but noteworthy.

Sauce
And another one:
Okay. #TeamReal

Same deal with supermarioodyssey.com. Snipperclips.com is currently owned by the company Nintendo uses for hosting. Updated the domain today.

https://whois.icann.org/en/lookup?name=snipperclips.com
And another one, an hour before it's going down:
GAME.co.uk just listed a Switch version of Skylanders Imaginators, guess this confirms the leak is real?

http://www.game.co.uk/en/nsw-sky-imaginators-1791802
Dawn of a new thread and more:
1 2 Switch revealed

Leaks confirme

The Boat

Do they have any history of good puzzle design or dense world design (gameplay-wise, outside of combat)? I have played some mech game and Dark Souls 3 from them and neither gave me any confidence they'd be a good pick for a Metroid game. Moreover both their games I have played were sloooow, which is not really a good fit for Metroid either.

Dark Souls level design is basically Metroid, even if less versatile.

They are unfortunately only known for their work on Dark Souls series but in reality, they have a very diverse portofolio even with horror games mixed with first person ones.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_FromSoftware_video_games

After other m and federation force sure why not. A FROM metroid game might actually be good

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Dark Souls level design is basically Metroid, even if less versatile.
COnsidering what I have played of Dark Souls 3: No, absolutely no. Dark Souls is one of sadly only few AAA games outside of Nintendo's games that actually cares to put some level design into the game, but it is not comparable to Metroid. It is very linear, 100% combat focussed and offers no interesting reuse of environoments.

They are unfortunately only known for their work on Dark Souls series but in reality, they have a very diverse portofolio even with horror games mixed with first person ones.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_FromSoftware_video_games
Well, I knew them from before Dark Souls as a mech game studio, but there sure are a lot of games in that list that I don't know. Which of them would you say makes them a good candidate for Metroid?

After other m and federation force sure why not. A FROM metroid game might actually be good
Those were not exactly the most stellar Metroids, but I cannot see how From is looking any more promising to deliver a good Metroid than Team Ninja and NLG. NLG actually seemed a good fit with their exploration based Luigi's Mansion experience (and considering what MPFF wants to be they did a good job imo, though it definitely is not a substitute for a full Metroid game) and Team Ninja at least made fast paced combat games before, rather than the slow and defensive Souls stuff. I really don't want Nintendo to do any more deviations from the main formula, because they really run at a risk of killing the franchise otherwise.

Apparently LiamR got 3-month banned even though he endorsed the (correct) 4chan list?

not true, he immidiately called the leak fake and then slowly started to backtrack on it as it became clear that it very well could be true. he started to say that "portions" of it "could be true".
that and calling Splatoon 2 and MKDeluxe flat out false.

as someone who claims to be a insider and a leaker, he probably should've recognized the full list as legit if he had any credible information at all.
he deserved that ban.

bonus:

Eolz

Liam is so used to backtracking and being vague that I wonder if he even do rumors in a straight way anymore... He has a pretty mixed record when it's not from Unseen 64.

Spman2099

COnsidering what I have played of Dark Souls 3: No, absolutely no. Dark Souls is one of sadly only few AAA games outside of Nintendo's games that actually cares to put some level design into the game, but it is not comparable to Metroid. It is very linear, 100% combat focussed and offers no interesting reuse of environoments.

You clearly need to play more Dark Souls 3...

not true, he immidiately called the leak fake and then slowly started to backtrack on it as it became clear that it very well could be true. he started to say that "portions" of it "could be true".

as someone who claims to be a insider and a leaker, he probably should've recognized the full list as legit if he had any credible information at all.
he deserved that ban.

bonus:

Jesus these are hilarious.

oti

Banned

he deserved that ban.

bonus:
That's the guy I called out and who then started talking semantics as some kind of defense.

The Boat

You clearly haven't played enough Dark Souls, I'm sorry to say you don't know what you're talking about. Progression is very similar to Metroid, you have several choices where to start, but they're gated and you gradually progress opening more and more options that regularly take you to where you've been before resulting in an interconnected maze.

It's not as intricate as Metroid's levels and opening previously inaccessible places isn't dependent on weapon upgrades, but it's very much Metroid like level design.

jmizzal

About that

https://twitter.com/Yan2295/status/820686420599853057

I've asked on Twitter about this guy, and he seems to have a good grasp on developments at R* (he seemingly leaked several DLC stuff for GTA months in advance), but of course I can't rely just on that, I need more proofs from more people. Anyone here knows him and can speak on his status as a leaker?

Whoa, I love LA Noire and would def get a remaster on Switch

Vern is this what you heard too about the R* port? Yay or Nay

Hey no problem. Again he's gotten stuff right about some future GTA online content but then last year he was told RDR2 would be announced and revealed at E3, and well that obviously didn't happen. lol

I dont think you can call stuff like that wrong, announcements get delayed all the time, the game still got announced last year, even tho it wasnt at E3

Never predict rockstar though. How many rumors or leaks were there about a red dead remaster which will never happen now ?

To be fair, Red dead never released on pc. It would presumably be far easier to port La Noire. It also needs the exposure if a sequel's coming out.

It's sounds baffling, but LA Noire has damn good potential as a franchise, when you think about it.

jmizzal

It has a good chance since it was just released on Android/iOS and it fits the mobile hardware nature of Switch.

L.A Noire seems difficult to me, so does Red Dead Redemption with all of its troubled development history.

Bully: Scholarship Edition is the most likely choice here, I reckon.

Bully? wouldnt that game not be considered last Gen? It was originally a PS2 game, Scholarship addition came to Wii still not last Gen. I know it was on 360 but not really started as a last Gen game

Gleethor

I bet LA Noire is real. I bet it's getting remastered for PS4 and Xbone around the same time. I bet it bombs and Rockstar cites it as the reason they only ever released 1 Switch game. I am psychic.

Simo

I dont think you can call stuff like that wrong, announcements get delayed all the time, the game still got announced last year, even tho it wasnt at E3

Of course you can. He hyped up followers by posting that he was told RDR2 would be revealed at E3, it never happened therefore he was wrong. lol

"It got announced eventually" doesn't mean anything because anyone can be an "insider" at that point and still be bogus like Verendus proved when you predict pipe dreams eventually happening at some point. Still when you're wrong it still knocks against your credibility.

L.A Noire would be such an odd choice as Rockstar tend not to do remakes, so I guess this could be a port, and unless they're working on a new entry...what's the point?

dh4niel

"Leakers" on Twitter falling over themselves to discredit other information is pretty funny. "No! Pay attention to meeeeee!"

Top Bottom