• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kotaku: A Random 4chan Poster Leaked Nintendo's Switch Event Before It Began

not true, he immidiately called the leak fake and then slowly started to backtrack on it as it became clear that it very well could be true. he started to say that "portions" of it "could be true".
that and calling Splatoon 2 and MKDeluxe flat out false.

as someone who claims to be a insider and a leaker, he probably should've recognized the full list as legit if he had any credible information at all.
he deserved that ban.

bonus:

These make me so happy.
I hate the whole "elite leak crew" that seemed to form leading up to this reveal. These people just want internet adoration and fame because they knew someone who knew one piece of information at some point in time. Just ridiculous.

Who the fuck would buy LA Noire in 2017 on the Switch? And why do I have a feeling this might just be true?
It might be an interesting way to try and prime the brand for sequels or followups. But it doesn't seem like something that's exactly highly requested or sought after at least.
not true, he immidiately called the leak fake and then slowly started to backtrack on it as it became clear that it very well could be true. he started to say that "portions" of it "could be true".

as someone who claims to be a insider and a leaker, he probably should've recognized the full list as legit if he had any credible information at all.
he deserved that ban.

bonus:
All of these tweets are just beautiful.

Violet_0

Banned
so I was thinking of becoming a leaker, what do I need to get started? Insider information is clearly not required, at least

jett

D-Member
Verendus is a confirmed fraud, his psychotic FFXV impressions are the least of his insane ramblings.

It's a great game, but I agree that it seems like an odd choice. I could see it as a decent brand with room to grow, but I'm not sure that a remaster is where to start that.

Bish is not an admin any longer.

Bish flat out doesn't post or come here anymore.

he deserved that ban.

bonus:

It's beyond me why some people fall over themselves to defend LKD.

And that Liam Robertson guy is just delusional.

https://twitter.com/alonsojett/status/819778107594838018

Does he really post here?

jett

D-Member
Any particular reason why?

secret_00000.png

gogojira

He kinda got off light lol. He was so far off the mark it's absurd. He threw a tantrum on GAF a day or two before the event.

Aeana

Pick a few obvious predictions that will sound highly likely to everyone, combine with super vague stuff that people can twist around into matching what really happens.

"Wow Switch conference is gonna be super cool there will be a bunch of games coming out including some new twists on old favorites and a few surprises!"

i heard star tropics is coming to <newest nintendo system>

Pick a few obvious predictions that will sound highly likely to everyone, combine with super vague stuff that people can twist around into matching what really happens.

"Wow Switch conference is gonna be super cool there will be a bunch of games coming out including some new twists on old favorites and a few surprises!"

Why not just go for "Secret JRPG Project #1"? You're guaranteed to be right, and then everyone will hang on your every word for years.

gogojira

All this means is that now I have to disregard any super secret Metroid projects and hope like fuck that when Nintendo does decide to bring it back, it's not going to be Federation Force 2.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Why not just go for "Secret JRPG Project #1"? You're guaranteed to be right, and then everyone will hang on your every word for years.
within the next 1-64 months there will be a new mario game... and a new mario kart... and mario on the virtual console... along with Secret Switch Project #2

bookmark it...

Problem is knowing which "drop and go" information is the real one.
The Horizon Zero Dawn rumor that recently popped up sounds legit to me. It has all the impressions and stuff. Even the trailers kind of confirm some of the ending leak.

Some of the BTS dev stuff like FFXV is hard to confirm though since there is no way to corroborate such leaks/rumors.

psyfi

Banned
Man, that post made 1 2 Switch sound more exciting than it looks.
I dunno, I think it looks cool. It's not a conventional video game, so the excitement and fun it brings is of a different variety. It's a social experience, and each mini game requires very different skills / interactions. I think the tension of some of the games and the sheer playfulness of the whole package is really great.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
I actually like it when people make concrete claims, even if they are lying about them.

Much more preferred than the """"""""""""""""""""""""insiders"""""""""""""""""""""" who give non-answers to everything and then somehow get people to believe they know anything.

"Is Bloodborne 2 coming to the Switch?"
"heh...............maybe................"
"Damn, confirmed!!!!!"

The leak actually wasn't from 4chan.
He posted it on reddit first. They claimed BS and asked for proof and the idiot uploaded a foto with an instruction how to put up the displays for the games and his name on it.

They pointed that out to him and he deleted everything. I don't know if he then went to 4chan or someone else pretended to be him.

"Is Bloodborne 2 coming to the Switch?"
"heh...............maybe................"
"Damn, confirmed!!!!!"

That's LiamR's bread and butter. He posts something like "i heard something big, you'll know soon what i mean".

Then whenever something is announced he retweets himself and says "See that's what i meant".

Genius.

vern

With the Vern/Verendus thing.

How does having an account temp and/or perma banned work?

The answers to the following questions I thought I knew and were obvious but now I'm unsure?

1. Can you have more than 1 account?
2. Can you post from or create another account when banned by the other?

Only thing I remember is that when you create an account you have to use a non-aol/yahoo/gmail email, which I used my military one just for that reason lol, even though yahoo is my main email since 1997.

I'm not verendus and have no idea who that is. First I've heard of that person was in this thread. I've only got one gaf account. If that's what you are implying.

friz898

I'm not verendus and have no idea who that is. First I've heard of that person was in this thread. I've only got one gaf account. If that's what you are implying.

I'm glad you quickly replied then, I edited it out.

My apologies. I've read this entire thread and it seemed like nobody was in particular calling you out, and yet you seem to be replying directly to people after defending your info when this thread is 50% about Verendus/jSchreier.

So again my bad.

Schreier, your name is crazy. I had to google it real fast to make sure I didn't misspell it, lol.

vern

no worries, your secret is safe among us veren... vern
;)

Pretty sure that other persons info is not at all similar to what I've shared. Plus dig through my posts on OT where I usually stay you can find out plenty about me... probably too much.

I'm glad you quickly replied then, I edited it out.

My apologies. I've read this entire thread and it seemed like nobody was in particular calling you out, and yet you seem to be replying directly to people after defending your info when this thread is 50% about Verendus/jSchreier.

So again my bad.

Schreier, your name is crazy. I had to google it real fast to make sure I didn't misspell it, lol.

Alright. &#128076;&#127996;

Violet_0

Banned
Pretty sure that other persons info is not at all similar to what I've shared. Plus dig through my posts on OT where I usually stay you can find out plenty about me... probably too much.

nah I'm just kidding, vern
there is/was exactly one poster who kind of thought that's your alt account

Parsnip

The whole leaker culture is curious to me.

I've known some little things in the past but never really felt the need to spill it to everyone.
I wonder if the info I had had been bigger, would that have changed the way I felt about leaking it.

Top Bottom