• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kotaku: Dressing Up In Stellar Blade Is So Much Fun

YCoCg

Stellar Blade is a solid PS5 exclusive from first-time console developer Shift Up. It isn’t perfect, but the excellent action makes up for its many shortcomings. Let’s be honest, though. The real draw of the South Korean team’s character action game is the fashion. Stellar Blade’s Eve is gaming’s latest fashion icon, joining the likes of Bayonetta’s eponymous heroine and Nier: Automata protagonist 2B, with a bevy of outfits that puts any fashionista’s wardrobe to shame. And frankly, I seriously love dressing Eve up.

Out on April 26 for PlayStation 5, Stellar Blade features some 30 outfits for you to find and unlock. They’re quite varied in aesthetic, too. You can dress Eve as a teddy bear, give her a shearling-lined aviator coat, outfit her in some Sailor Moon-esque cosplay, style her in a variation of Uma Thurman’s iconic yellow jumpsuit from Kill Bill, and more. It’s quite staggering, actually, the amount of outfits you can store in Eve’s closet. But the best part is they’re all pretty easy to get. That’s what makes dressing up so fun.

Kotaku right now:
ff2e556fd7c91eac11b178070969c228.gif

Yonyx

Do you know that people have different brains and think differently from each other even if they work in the same environment, right?

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
They called it "a variation of".

It's clearly not her exact yellow jumpsuit but it's also clear that's what it's trying to reference with the text on the side replicating the movie title text.

stellar-blade-all-outfits-and-how-to-unlock-them-20.large.jpg

Link
Best outfit so far

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
The solution is rather simple. Go to Archive.today, copy the article's URL, and share the archive link.

Now, you can read it without giving clicks and it also preserves the original draft in case of any stealth edits.
It’s actually even easier than that. Just do nothing.

Do you dress Eve up in a biker outfit, even though she doesn’t have a bike? Do you ready her for a dinner event in a red leather-looking mini slip dress? Maybe you want her to dress for the weather, so you style Eve in a knitted dress with thigh-high boots. Or maybe, if you’re a fan of Vladimir Nabokov’s 1955 tragicomedy Lolita, you might dress her up in a full black dress that feels right at home in that French novel...

needs to get out more?...

Embarrassing.

It is true. I saw the costumes. Some look genuinely cool and nice, for those that want that, and some are pretty hot, for those that want that. Game is stacking a lot of wins for now.

But this is a failed attempt to get back some good grace after pearl clutching the fuck out of Stellar Blade.

WitchHunter

Banned
I wish we could ban linking to Kotaku here. I can’t think of another site less deserving of clicks.
I understand that some people dislike certain news sites, but this I'm not clicking on a site blows the fuse. Don't be such a petty, parsimonious cunt.

Did they really call that Uma Thurman's iconic yellow jumpsuit ...
Quentin used Bruce Lee's jumpsuit in Kill Bill, then portrayed Bruce lee as a wanker in Once upon a time in Hollywood. So, better call it Uma Thurman's yellow jumpsuit.

Last edited:
Top Bottom