• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kotaku: Meet The Head Transplant Doctor at The Centre of a MGS Conspiracy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slowdive

Banned
He told me that he has never been in any kind of contact with Konami or Kojima, that he had never even heard of them before all of this happened and he doesn't understand why they used him as a template for that character without asking him permission. I pointed out his resemblance to the actor from whom Konami actually did the scanning for the three-dimensional model, but he tells me that his lawyer has suggested something different that involves a conference held in Cyprus:

"One of the sponsors was coincidentally a game developer. Maybe some people there...I don't know...maybe they recorded the thing from certain angles, maybe the cameras were set up in the right spots... I do not know. It's just a hypothesis, but maybe it's not too far-fetched."

I pointed it out that this seemed rather unlikely and that there was probably a simpler explanation, but he interrupted me:

“To be completely honest with you: this isn’t such a bad thing. Since my project requires a lot of money, Mr.Kojima will be able to say he had a part in HEAVEN [the name of his head transplant procedure] despite the fact that he probably never intended to.”

Dr. Canavero isn’t just surprised by all this, but actually rather put out; he’s even thinking of suing Konami over it. “I went to the Polizia Postale [the authority in charge of this kind of thing here in Italy] and filed a complaint towards Mr.Kojima. There is also a Twitter account that is not mine, so I reported this to the Police too, they will now investigate both the matters. In the meantime my lawyer is sending a letter to the Japanese company [Konami] to ask for compensation [for using my image without permission].”

He also seemed very interested in how much Metal Gear Solid V might be worth. At one point, suddenly asked me: “By the way, do you know how much this game is going to cost? And how many copies will it sell?” When I estimated that it’ll sell maybe 4 million units at 60 euros a pop, he started laughing.

“Wow!!! Sixty Euros? Multiplied by 4 or 5 MILLION? That would cover the whole operation for Valery and then some! We're talking about an insane amount of money!"

“It's just surprising that despite having been around the world, speaking at more than 300 medical conferences about what could be the biggest medical achievement in history, I feel like now i'm at the peak of my popularity thanks to a video game...a video game I wasn't even involved in to begin with.”

More here: http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2015/04/22/...t-the-centre-of-a-metal-gear-solid-conspiracy

This is Ian Moore btw, the actor they actually modelled his face on:

XLkAa7y.jpg

CC7VU2bVIAEdBH1.png:orig

CC7URZZVIAA55nG.jpg

There is also a Twitter account that is not mine, so I reported this to the Police too, they will now investigate both the matters.

I'm almost positive a GAF member created that account. Man.

Unbelievable that this actually reached him.

Edit - actually, it's not unbelievable when all the idiots in the last thread were calling him. Ridiculous that people went there.

braves01

Banned
“To be completely honest with you: this isn’t such a bad thing. Since my project requires a lot of money, Mr.Kojima will be able to say he had a part in HEAVEN [the name of his head transplant procedure] despite the fact that he probably never intended to.”

Outer...HEAVEN?

zma1013

Funny they think there are camera ninjas running around taking pictures of random people from different angles.

I'm almost positive a GAF member created that account. Man.

Unbelievable that this actually reached him.

Edit - actually, it's not unbelievable when all the idiots in the last thread were calling him. Ridiculous that people went there.

It was a GAFfer, yup. People went insane in that thread. It was like nothing I've ever seen.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
at first I thought it was dumb coincidence, but the way he keeps name dropping kojima makes it sound like something is actually up hah

Well........I mean, atleast we can say that we kinda partially cemented Kojimas firing from Konami after this hub bub. Konami gets sued, game gets cancelled, Kojima canned...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom