• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Krokodil, the new Russian street drug of choice, causes green skin, rotting flesh

Status
Not open for further replies.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
TruthJunky said:
ARHRARARRHGHGHGHGHGHG FUCCKFF NOOOOOOOO WTF?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!??! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Im intrigued....to google or not to google...

Vyer

Void Insanity said:
So why the fuck are they injecting themselves with this stuff exactly? Other drugs I can understand but what the hell is the perk from injecting this? Do you grow a mutant vagina in your hand or something?
There's a chance they could make some great music!

TL4E

Once again, the problem is not with the desomorphine itself, but rather the dangerous method of production and subsequent injection of an impure concoction.

Chuckie

Funny how if you say: 'Don't search for X' the first thing people do is search for X.

It happened witht the blue waffle thing too (DON'T search for it please)

TommyT

SuperJ said:
Not for the faint of heart:

Disturbing video of users

Amnesia_NOPE.gif

fuzzyreactor said:
i hate you. his fucking leg fell off

how, how....
It didn't fall off, they amputated the part that was just a dead foot held on by bones. They apparently amputated the rest of the leg proper at a hospital.

Tacitus_

But to produce krokodil, whose medical name is desomorphine, addicts mix it with ingredients including gasoline, paint thinner, hydrochloric acid, iodine and red phosphorous, which they scrape from the striking pads on matchboxes.

How did they even manage to think of this? Nobody should be mixing those, or consuming any of them.

And the youtube video is.. disturbing to say the least. His(?) leg has rotten away with only the bones left that get cut off by the doctors.

FunkyPajamas said:
In Soviet Russia, drug consumes you!
LOL.

I'm at work so I don't want to start searching around for this thing but has anyone read what the high is like? Maybe that would explain why someone would fuck around with this stuff.

guidop

Damn that is messed up, haven't seen the vids I know I would throw up. One question though, why don't these Russian junkies travel to Afghanistan to the source, would be a lot cheaper there.

Momo

Banned
dave is ok said:
I don't! This little guy is ADORABLE

http://schnappi.files.wordpress.com/2007/05/schnappi-das-kleine-krokodil.jpg[img][/QUOTE]
There also a 400 x 400 image of some award winning Dutch illustrator thats awesome

Guevara

Brian Griffin said:
LOL.

I'm at work so I don't want to start searching around for this thing but has anyone read what the high is like? Maybe that would explain why someone would fuck around with this stuff.

Desomorphine (Dihydrodesoxymorphine, Permonid) is an opiate analogue invented in 1932 in the United States, that is a derivative of morphine, where the 6-hydroxy group has been removed and the 7,8 double bond has been saturated. It has sedative and analgesic effects, and is around 8 times more potent than morphine.

Wikipedia

It's also 1/3 to 1/10 as expensive as heroin.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
guidop said:
One question though, why don't these Russian junkies travel to Afghanistan to the source, would be a lot cheaper there.
Probably because if they have to resort to this they dont have the means to. i cant really see this being a drug problem of the wealthy.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Yeah, people aren't using this because it's 'better' than heroin in any way. It's just able to be made at home for much cheaper - it's the meth of opiods

btkadams

Brian Griffin said:
LOL.

the time magazine article said it is basically a cheap replacement of heroin.

Is there some sort of euphoric other-wordly I know all the answers now feeling that makes this drug worth it or something? Fuck they should just do LSD then.

Because why?

dave is ok said:
Yeah, people aren't using this because it's 'better' than heroin in any way. It's just able to be made at home for much cheaper - it's the meth of opiods
Also much potent. win/win!

TL4E

Tacitus_ said:
How did they even manage to think of this? Nobody should be mixing those, or consuming any of them.

And the youtube video is.. disturbing to say the least. His(?) leg has rotten away with only the bones left that get cut off by the doctors.
This is a problem with the Time article. They did a bad job with presenting the facts.

Those extra chemicals (paint thinner, iodine, etc.) are NECESSARY to produce the desomorphine from codeine. Codeine isn't the active ingredient in krokodil (as Time incorrectly states), desomorphine is. They aren't adding pain thinner and red phosphorus to "enhance" the drug or because they're stupid, but rather are using it because it's the only cheap way to convert codeine to desomorphine.

Tacitus_

Trip Warhawkins said:
Also much potent. win/win!

I'd say a drug which causes your flesh to melt off is lose/lose no matter the cost or the high you get from it.

TL4E said:
This is a problem with the Time article. They did a bad job with presenting the facts.

Those extra chemicals (paint thinner, iodine, etc.) are NECESSARY to produce the desomorphine from codeine. Codeine isn't the active ingredient in krokodil (as Time incorrectly states), desomorphine is. They aren't adding pain thinner and red phosphorus to "enhance" the drug or because they're stupid, but rather are using it because it's the only cheap way to convert codeine to desomorphine.

Yes, I figured that out. I was wondering how they came up with the formula.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Tacitus_ said:
I'd say a drug which causes your flesh to melt off is lose/lose no matter the cost or the high you get from it.
Must be pretty strong because the users dont seem to really care.

TL4E

Devolution said:
Is there some sort of euphoric other-wordly I know all the answers now feeling that makes this drug worth it or something? Fuck they should just do LSD then.

Because why?
They're addicted to opioids and desomorphine is cheaper than heroin/other opioids.

louie

How much pain must these people be in? It must excruciating.

Also could some of you guys post a small description of the images you're linking to.

louie said:
How much pain must these people be in? It must excruciating.

Also could some of you guys post a small description of the images you're linking to.

Exposed bone caused by the drug rotting your flesh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom