• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Krokodil, the terrible Russian street drug, has arrived in the U.S.

Status
Not open for further replies.
getting high is great at times... but if what ya buying miiiight have the chance of your arms falling off and shit... i think ill stick with eating too much candy.

My first thought

553.png

It's like if Darwin created a drug. Anyone who knowingly does this deserves what they get.

"If you want to die, this is the way to do it," he said. "You will literally rot from the inside out. In Russia, the average life expectancy is two years."

Just..wow.

yepyepyep

I wonder how these illicit drugs are invented. Is it all just trial and error, or there is some vague scientific knowledge about substances than can get you high? Because Krokodil really seems like, fuck it, let's just inject any household chemicals into our veins.

It's like the death of the bad guy who takes the wrong cup in Raiders of the lost ark. Seriously.
Wait, you mean the Gestapo guy with the black clothes and glasses whose face melted after the Ark was opened in Raiders or when the Nazi guy drinks from the cup in Last Crusade?

geebee

Banned
So before the skin starts falling off(or minor damage).. if the person stops using this shit, will the skin eventually regenerate and heal?

I wonder how these illicit drugs are invented. Is it all just trial and error, or there is some vague scientific knowledge about substances than can get you high? Because Krokodil really seems like, fuck it, let's just inject any household chemicals into our veins.
It's my understanding that a scientist typically synthesizes the compound in a lab in hopes of a creating a new non-illicit medicine. Because many of the chemicals used in that original synthesis aren't readily available on the street, people find alternatives that roughly serve the same purpose and it just snowballs from there, hence the nasty side-effects that come with Krokodil.

When you look at what's in the formula though it really does look like they're just throwing whatever they find under the sink into a pot and calling it a day. It's wild but pretty fascinating if you look into it.

It's my understanding that a scientist typically synthesizes the compound in a lab in hopes of a creating a new non-illicit medicine. Because many of the chemicals used in that original synthesis aren't readily available on the street, people find alternatives that roughly serve the same purpose and it just snowballs from there, hence the nasty side-effects that come with Krokodil.

When you look at what's in the formula though it really does look like they're just throwing whatever they find under the sink into a pot and calling it a day. It's wild but pretty fascinating if you look into it.

No. Guys, krokodil isn't some "new" drug. It's new as in this particular cocktail of injecting paint thinner into your veins is new, but the drug itself isn't. It's called desomoprhine, and has been around for a while.

Pimpwerx

Saw this when it first became a big thing in Russia. I have no idea what the appeal is. "Yeah! Let's do this drug that causes your skin to rot and fall off, and kills you in a year." Awesome!

At least with heroin, you aren't guaranteed to lose skin or limbs. It's not a toxin that rots your body parts away. This is just plain dumb. I have no sympathy for anyone partaking in this. If you're gonna use drugs, use some common sense. There are tons of drugs that'll get you high without killing you. If you can't afford them, then maybe you shouldn't be doing drugs. Stick to vodka ffs. PEACE.

No. Guys, krokodil isn't some "new" drug. It's new as in this particular cocktail of injecting paint thinner into your veins is new, but the drug itself isn't. It's called desomoprhine, and has been around for a while.
Hence what I was saying about the original synthesis (desomorphine) eventually snowballing into krokodill.

Saw this when it first became a big thing in Russia. I have no idea what the appeal is. "Yeah! Let's do this drug that causes your skin to rot and fall off, and kills you in a year." Awesome!

At least with heroin, you aren't guaranteed to lose skin or limbs. It's not a toxin that rots your body parts away. This is just plain dumb. I have no sympathy for anyone partaking in this. If you're gonna use drugs, use some common sense. There are tons of drugs that'll get you high without killing you. If you can't afford them, then maybe you shouldn't be doing drugs. Stick to vodka ffs. PEACE.

That's easy to say, and it sounds good until you think about addiction and what it drives people to do.

Also those people in the article linked above who didn't know what they were doing. That happens, too.

I am not advocating this shit by any means, but having grown up with addict parents, I have seen how impossible it is for people to stop without the proper help. I had a lot of anger, and a lot of feelings like this, but it doesn't change anything and sure as hell doesn't fix the addicts, who have an unbearable physical need to chase their high of choice.

A guy in rehab told me it only did that shit if you missed the vein.

Not sure if he was telling the truth, though.

Gasoline, Paint Thinner and Oil are going to fuck you up in the vein or in the muscle tissue, except one will be more localized the other will be pumped straight to your heart.

That is frightening. That shit should've stayed within the borders of Russia. The fact that It's managed to travel the Atlantic should be very alarming.

dbztrk

Could you imagine if someone combined Krokodil with Bath salts? Between the rotting flesh and the deranged behavior, we would truly have zombie apocalypse.

Futureman

is this really confirmed as real?

my buddy showed a photo of a guy's skin and it looked so Photoshoped.

REAL OR FREAKING FAKE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom