• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KSB2016 (KVOxTSB) Tournament Stream 4/29-5/1 SFV, GGXrdR, BBCF, KOF14, Smash 13+games

Shun

CfLda-lUAAUadXp.jpg:orig

CfLdadIUIAADsTs.jpg:orig

Venue

The BIGGEST tournament this weekend.

A Western style console game tournament, but in Japan!

It will be at the Universe in Osaka and it will host 17 total game tournaments over a span of 3 days with hundreds of of some of Japan's strongest talents and some foreign talents coming in.

But that's not all, SNK will also be providing a 20 character playable build of King of Fighters 14 and that will be run and streamed as a tournament as well!

Games will be separated and be finished within a single day, so you do not have to follow the entire weekend if you just want to watch a single game. For example, Street Fighter V and Guilty Gear Xrd R will be on different days, Saturday and Sunday respectively, and those tournaments will finish the day they start. That means no carry overs onto the next day.

Formats are on a game by game basis, some games will be single elimination, some will be double elimination.

The games that will be at KSB?

Friday JST (Thursday Western Time)
BlazBlue CentralFiction
Koihime Enbu
Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax Ignition (2on2 Teams)
Arcana Heart III: LOVE MAX
Nitro+ Blasterz
Blade Arcus from Shining
Aquapazza (3on3 Teams)

Saturday JST (Friday Western Time)
Street Fighter V
King of Fighters XIV
Killer Instinct
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 (7on7 Side Tournament)
Saint Seiya SOLDIERS SOUL (Side Tournament)

Sunday JST (Saturday Western Time)
Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator
Smash Bros DX Melee
Smash Bros Wii U
Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3

These are the main games at the moment with the possibility of some extra side and exhibition matches.

I will be posting the schedule as well as the twitch streams and brackets and notable players below.

SCHEDULE

FRIDAY JST (THURSDAY WESTERN)

SATURDAY JST (FRIDAY WESTERN)
SUNDAY JST (SATURDAY WESTERN)

ChLXNOnWYAEo97u.jpg:orig

STREAM/BRACKET LINKS

Which games will be streamed on which game will be updated once I ask for confirmation on LINE.

https://www.twitch.tv/godsgarden/
https://www.twitch.tv/kvo2k13/
https://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky/
https://www.twitch.tv/shi_gaming

Day 1
Day 2
Day 3

SPECIFIC GAME INFORMATION

This section is where I will be focusing on EACH game that will be at KSB as well as their brackets and notable players.

I will be providing twitter handles, player information, and some translation on a request and per game basis.

I will do my best to provide for the players I do know, and will ask for the unfamiliar players I do not know for the more niche games.

BLAZBLUE CENTRALFICTION; 97+ Participants

Bracket; 97 participants in DOUBLE ELIMINATION

This will be the second big BlazBlue event in a row. This will mainly have people from the Kanto and Kansai area as most of the big names spend time to attend BBCF Braver's Revel Nationals instead.

Still a lot of major talent and names that were not at Nationals such as EA, Kikutiyo, Gerosyabu. Terralunar, and more.

GUILTY GEAR XRD REVELATOR; 171+ Participants
ggxrdrev.png

A Block
B Block
C Block
D Block
E Block
F Block
G Block
H Block

BEST 8 FINALS

Big names will be here too.

STREET FIGHTER V; 190 Participants

This is a CPT event and it will be separated into blocks and the winner of the blocks will fight in the Best 32/16/8/4/Finals

95 Players per Block; DOUBLE ELIMINATION. Will update with more info once it is finished.

A BLOCK
B BLOCK

KING OF FIGHTERS XIV; 134+ Participants

Separated into blocks of 62 players each and the winners of the blocks will fight in the Best of Finals.

SINGLE ELIMINATION

Will update once it is finished

A BLOCK
B BLOCK

DENGEKI BUNKO FIGHTING CLIMAX IGNITION 2 on 2 TEAMS; 87+ Participants

A BLOCK
B BLOCK
C BLOCK
D BLOCK

BEST 16

More info added later

ULTIMATE MARVEL VS CAPCOM 3; 86+ Participants
umvsc3

Main Tournament + 7 on 7 Side Tournament. Will update closer to date.

7 on 7 Tournament Bracket; Single Elimination SATURDAY

SUNDAY MAIN TOURNAMENT
A Block
B Block
C Block
D Block

KILLER INSTINCT; 26 Participants

26 Participants; Double Elimination

Bracket

KOIHIME ENBU; 78+ PARTICIPANTS

Bracket

The only player I really personally know is emushi and he's probably the one of the best one there so...

Smash Bros DX Melee; 40 Participants

40 Participants in Double Elimination.

More info when updated.

Bracket

Smash Bros Wii U; 118+ Participants

Double Elimination

A Block
B Block
C Block
D Block
E Block
F Block
G Block
H Block

ARCANA HEART III: LOVE MAX; 33 Participants

Bracket

NITRO+ BLASTERZ; 62+ Participants

Bracket

AQUAPAZZA 3 on 3 TEAMS; 38 Participants

Bracket info TBA

BLADE ARCUS FROM SHINING; 26 Participants

Total kusoge why is this even here and not Tekken or UNIELst?
Besides the point...

Bracket

SAINT SEIYA SOLDIERS SOUL

Info TBA

I will do my best to follow streams and translate/commentate for the games I can via thread or via chat, depending on what each game's community prefers.

I know a good amount of players for most of the games, except for like Blade Arcus and Killer Instinct.

I will provide and update more information if people ask for it.

Warxard

Banned
Killer Instinct sticks out like a sore thumb in that lineup lol.

Excited as fuck for the AH and BlazBlue play!

Shun

The tournament to follow this weekend with the number of games, KOF14, and overall JP talent to watch and learn from. Trying to get this out since not many people may know what KSB is. You should watch it since it's the biggest fighting game even this week.

Again if anyone has a request for any of the games, let me know and I will try to accommodate if I can. I will be busy so I may not be watching the entire weekend but I will do my best to help.

Killer Instinct sticks out like a sore thumb in that lineup lol.

Excited as fuck for the AH and BlazBlue play!

If you missed the National Tournament for BlazBlue, Braver's Revel, last week. There's an archive and more info in this thread

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1210112

Best players in Japan and some of the closest matches that weekend.

This week will be a good week too with more players, but a lot more crazy shit happened last week.

Zissou

Nice OP!

Noticed one small thing- under "STREAM/BRACKET LINKS" every day for the bracket links go to the brackets for day 3.

Shun

Nice OP!

Noticed one small thing- under "STREAM/BRACKET LINKS" every day for the bracket links go to the brackets for day 3.

Fixed it.

The brackets are still being made and updated so they'll be up soon and I'll do a notable players thing once I see the bracket and confirm certain players via LINE.

PHOTOSHOP

Godsgarden and KSB is definitely in Japanese so no. Unless someone from Team Spooky willing to do it.

There's like what a dozen players from America or something here?

awww. I thought TSB and Art were commentary/streaming the event

Hmm know if they allow an audience? Was in Osaka last weekend and might be willing to go again now that I know how to navigate that place... sort of. Would totally break the bank on a hotel if so, that fucking last place I stayed at... #neveragain to hostels/hostel like hotels.

Zissou

Hmm know if they allow an audience? Was in Osaka last weekend and might be willing to go again now that I know how to navigate that place... sort of. Would totally break the bank on a hotel if so, that fucking last place I stayed at... #neveragain to hostels/hostel like hotels.

You could spectate last year- not sure about this year (it's not mentioned on the official site). I'd be surprised if you couldn't though.

So the Twitch streams are English commentary right?
Art is streaming

SFV

Art, mov, koichi, nakamura, kojikog, kindo, sabohani, domi, zangitan, ohsu akira, rf, die chan, kindevu, ren, charisma, mamespider, jiyuna, ksk, souji, wao, kyabetsu, banbaban, eita, ryuukichikun, ino, meu, kazunoko, youshikibi, gachikun, crusher, taiga, dogura, and go1.

Sayad

Nice, Saturday SFV and KoF, Sunday Xrd and maybe UMvC3 for me.

Surprised at no Persona, is the game dead or is it the lack of console version + support from Atlus for arcade machines?!

Shun

Today is the first day of KSB, streaming will start in a couple hours. Will remind when streams for certain games are live and ready.

Shun

Medals + Venue being set up. Right now is 7:30 JST.

Doors open at 8:00 for staff and check in, 9:00 is for other general admission and time to play casuals and practice.

Streams start at 10:00 JST, so in 2.5 hours. Will notify which stream link will be for which game.

ChBcPeXUgAE6BQH.jpg

ChI0DjaU0AAetEu.jpg

ChI0TnbUUAA6F4r.jpg

ChJTkIMUgAA2rJu.jpg

The biggest tournaments to watch today is BBCF and FCI.

Is infiltration gonna win this one too?

He's not even here and Street 5 is tomorrow.

Shun

The audio on the arcana heart stream sounds completely garbled.

Sorry about the issues, they know what's going on and are trying to fix it.

To be honest Game center cabs > console for tournaments for the games that have that option.

I want to play Nine so bad.

I play GG mostly and she seems more fun than any of the new characters in XRD R.

. I don't know what the dude on stream commentating is talking about but she's pretty fun stuff. There is plenty more footage of players like fumi, nakao, q, etc.

Sadly a few of those top Nine players aren't at KVO. But there's still a lot of talent here.

If you're serious about the game, I'd be happy to provide resources.

SephLuis

I wanted to watch AH3, but it's too late here >.>

12 hours of difference between here and Japan means the tournament will happen in the worst possible time here.

Shun

I wanted to watch AH3, but it's too late here >.>

12 hours of difference between here and Japan means the tournament will happen in the worst possible time here.

They will likely archive it later.

There were some issues since they're trying to push console rather than game center at this tournament.

I will have to say that the BBCF commentary is not very good, at all, and I am disappointed that there is no JP commentary to follow.

Shun

Koihime Enbu stream is up now

KSB 2016 Tournament results so far...

BlazBlue Central Fiction Top 8
1. Fenritti Jin
2. Souji Arakune
3. Tujikawa Izanami
4. Kitsune Arakune
5. Tennti Izayoi
5. Matoi Kokonoe
7. Kikutiyo Litchi
7. Chiri Carl

Arcana Heart Top 8
1. 時人 (Jijin)
2. ディス (dis)
3. MMJ
4. おーえん (Ooen)
5. ぺそ (beso)
5. カズパチ (Kazupachi)
7. Archer
7. Sink

Blade Arcus Top 8
Aquapazza Top 8

Shun

Tournament will be live in 30 minutes.

I know it starts in about half an hour, but how long is SFV expected to run?

Street Fighter V will be running off two blocks and since Art is the one streaming, there will only be one station that will be streamed.

Other players will be playing on different stations off stream, so if you have a certain player try to follow the bracket.

The tournament ran pretty late in US time so try to catch what you can, people will likely archive the stream.

KOF and SFV will be streamed at the same time.

Zissou

We're missing three dudes from our seven person marvel team, and first round we have to play RF's team... fuuuuuu

Top Bottom