• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KZ3 MP Beta is available on Indian PlayStation Store for FREE

NameIess

Thanks for the heads up. I was able to create a dummy India account and download before they take the beta down... Just when I had given up on getting a chance to play the beta I stumble upon this. Gotta love GAF...

Rainier

Just finished PM'ing about 30 people who were looking for codes. Next time Sony, don't make people pay for + just to try out a beta. thuway, who desperately wanted a code has a full PM box. :lol

First impressions:

1. Game is quick. Not sure if I like that.
2. Player health is TOO LOW. Make it like KZ2.
3. Guns have no recoil, especially SMG. Again, make it like KZ2.

dorkimoe

well

just played and that was awesome. everything i wanted it to be :) as far as gameplay goes

i havent looked at the menu/unlockables yet. At least they fixed that stupid screen tearing menu crap.

I keep getting melee killed with those fancy assassinations

dorkimoe

H_Prestige said:
First impressions:

yeah smg is beast

Love how meaty the ISA rifle sounds now. But again, there is virtually no recoil. You don't have to fire in controlled bursts like in KZ2. Gunplay feels completely flat so far.

dorkimoe

anyone have a list of the ribbons?

i keep getting ribbons popping up, but when i try and view on the statistics page its empty :(

REV 09

It's a lot faster than 2. Controls are much more responsive. The weight feels like BC2, but faster. So far so good.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
H_Prestige said:
First impressions:

Yeah, feels like CoD.

Bleh.

I loved kz2. :-/

Zen

Banned
So far, the aiming feels a little off compared to Killzone 2. But everyone hated aiming in that game, I guess, so I doubt it will change all that much. There isn't a lot of recoil on weapons, hopefully they get it to somewhere in between this and KZ2 if they're still going after the mass market.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
It seems that it is new OT for beta impressions.

The game still feels sluggish. The weight is definitely there even on max sensitivity and no fucking way I'm playing this without Move. I 've clocked 150 hours in the original one and had a clan in top 50 or something like that, so I know what I'm talking about.

NeoUltima

NeoUltima said:
So when I try to launch the beta, it says "this content cannot be accessed by your account". Mother effer.
Okay I figured it out. Do not delete the user profile with the Indian account you DL'd the beta on.

TEH-CJ

Banned
Man if it wasn't for the frame rate this would be hands down one of the best playing fps out there. GG, cant you guys optimize it via a patch or something? it can be pretty jarring at times.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
The game is definitely more like COD now. Points have been popping up for me constantly for one thing or another.

The controls are definitely more responsive.

For some reason the camera feels like its more zoomed in than 2. I feel like the amount of peripheral vision is less.

Not sure how I feel about the class changes yet. The engineer seems really powerful now that he can use proximity mines. In one of my games I was the only engineer on my team so I was able to set up a bunch of turrets in a room near an ammo box and throw mines everywhere and just refill via the box. I was able to run up a high kill streak several times. Pretty much no one could get near me. I had the entire area locked down with very little effort. I generally suck at FPS games. I was never able to do anything like that in 2.

The mech is cool.

The new sniper rifle is nuts! It fires just as fast as a pistol... maybe even faster? I don't think I've ever played an fps with a sniper rifle that got shots off so quick. There is something so wrong, yet oh so right about it. Definitely easier to use.

BeeDog

Downloading!

If I want to play this beta now, must I use the Indian account I just created, or can I use my standard account?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
BeeDog said:
Downloading!

If I want to play this beta now, must I use the Indian account I just created, or can I use my standard account?

you can use your standard account

you can even switch back to your standard account as soon as it begins downloading and it won't be stopped

vulva

possibly a stupid request but my ps3 died on me about 2 months ago. I'm getting a new one in the next couple of days. In the odd case that this gets removed from the store, but is kept in the download history for one of these accounts, I was wondering if someone could possibly PM me the info for an indian account that has downloaded it to gameshare with me?

Top Bottom