• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

La Vuelta a España 2017

This weekend is gonna be great.

Froome vs Nibali

Nibali needs to go on the attack on the early mountains.

Gotta have Froome pressured going on the final climb.

I hope Aru tries something.

Would love two Italians on the podium, with Nibali back in red.

the sport so desperately needs a gc rider who can fill contador's shoes

In what regards?

I like how today's final climb is so long and high they stuck an extra cat. 1 climb halfway up just to rub it in.

Edit: Bertie going super early.

FrankCanada97

Roughly the size of a baaaaaarge
I am shocked that Woods has managed to hang with the big names even in the high mountains. Such a shame his team is going through difficulties, he'll probably return to the US Pro Contis if they don't get things together. How long is the TT? Woods is a below average time trialist, so he'll probably drop out of the top 10.

He's getting mentions every day from the commentary, so that's good for the team and his personal brand. Always nice to root for the underdogs.

Ruruja

Froome's a beast.

Chaves is never gonna win a GC like this.

Rest of the guys did pretty good, impressed by Wilco.

Chaves is never gonna win a GC like this.

The early season injury really destroyed his season, he's a shadow of the guy from last year that podiumed two GTs and won a monument. He lost 4mins today, 2mins would be ok.

This GT has been an enormous fuck up for Orica, the Yates' are nowhere, Verona has been terrible, Cort anoymous in the sprints. Only Haig has really shown his worth outside of a fighting Chaves.

Ruruja

The early season injury really destroyed his season, he's a shadow of the guy from last year that podiumed two GTs and won a monument. He lost 4mins today, 2mins would be ok.

This GT has been an enormous fuck up for Orica, the Yates' are nowhere, Verona has been terrible, Cort anoymous in the sprints. Only Haig has really shown his worth outside of a fighting Chaves.

Yeah, I'm a little disappointed in the Yates Bros tbh. I know they've done a GT already this year but they're miles off.

Super happy for Aqua Blue.

Tomorrow has a small wall at the end and is very lumpy in the 2nd half, potential for an attack. Friday is a breakaway or sprint day and Saturday is massive. Froome is vulnerable on super steep ramps, needs to recover well.

teepo

what a fucking stage. i knew it was going to a special given the volume of posts on the race and results thread on r/peloton

i also chose the perfect day to watch the replay while on my trainer. i managed a new 20min record

and rain is on the forecast for saturday :D

FrankCanada97

Roughly the size of a baaaaaarge
Apparently a mystery sponsor from outside of cycling have saved the Cannondale team and will get the naming rights.

Joni

Is anything happening in GC lol, haven't seen anything in quite a while.

De La Cruz is out, Froome breaking but only Poels is actually able to go faster so no danger. Nibali and Kelderman are slowly dropping, Zakarin can still follow. A lot of GC contenders are behind Froome.
Edit: Or not, Froome is attacking and Poels takes him back. But now they lost Zakarin, Kelderman and Nibali. Past Kruijswijk as well. Might be good enough to take back Contador.

Top Bottom