• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lady Gaga continues conquest of NeoGaf, "BAD ROMANCE" recreated in LBP

Tntnnbltn

aryies said:
irritating singing

horrible, basic lyrics/subject matter

autotune

yep, 100% qualified garbage
There are so many ways I could fix this post, but I think it would cross over the personal insult line. :-/

Geek said:
35n81vk.jpg

I think it's time.
Oh my goodness, that is amazing.

Glad the video is doing good in a lot of countries. :) I still think it's pretty neato.

Om3ga

Didn't really like Lady Gaga at first, it actually wasn't until the Duckroll thread where i decided to look her up. She CLEARLY has a great deal of talent. Especially after seeing some of her vids linked in this thread. She has powerful chops, reminds me greatly of Christina Aguilera.

I'm not saying she's the greatest artist out there, but to say she's talentless is just wrong. Since she clearly has no talent as deemed by many in this thread, could i please be pointed to the artists with talent?

Btw great video keep up the good work.

Zaptruder

Banned
DimmuBurgerKing said:
Calm the fuck down.

I am calm. Just annoyed at music jerks that come in and spout crap... acting like they know music, when they're really just close minded assholes that don't even enjoy the genre.

It's like me going into a metal thread and shitting all over one the greats... without mentioning the fact that metal in general isn't to my taste.

If on the other hand, they do enjoy music in the genre, then which artists do they enjoy? Because it would be interesting to see if they're overly opinionated assholes, or if they really have discovered an artist outside of the mainstream radar that is genuinely good.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
julls said:
no, it's the implication from people like you that anyone who enjoys pop music is an unenlightened sheep who must somehow have been 'manipulated' into liking something so awful, as there's no way you could comprehend that someone enjoys music you don't.

This is basically what I think.

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
Zaptruder said:
I am calm. Just annoyed at music jerks that come in and spout crap... acting like they know music, when they're really just close minded assholes that don't even enjoy the genre.

It's like me going into a metal thread and shitting all over one the greats... without mentioning the fact that metal in general isn't to my taste.

If on the other hand, they do enjoy music in the genre, then which artists do they enjoy? Because it would be interesting to see if they're overly opinionated assholes, or if they really have discovered an artist outside of the mainstream radar that is genuinely good.

I don't enjoy the genré generally, if we're gonna put it with mainstream pop frequently played on MTV. Gaga's pretty much an exception for me -- but only with some songs and definitely not her entire discography. I do respect and appreciate the angle she's working though, with the whole fashionesque/artsy approach to videos like in Bad Romance. If you'd ask me what I thought of her two weeks ago I'd just laugh at the notion of me appreciating it, based mainly on LoveGame and Poker Face -- both songs I still dislike. Then along came Bad Romance then, a song I think is all kinds of awesome.

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
MrNyarlathotep said:
zhahn-rey?

Sorry, bit of a mix up on my part. In my native language it's spelled "genre" -- just like in english -- but pronounced totally different, confusingly enough :lol

B-Ri

Jet Grind Radio! said:

it needs 3 B's

I am floored guys, 26,000 views, on top of that, some of the statistics are blowing my mind right now

#57 - Most Discussed (Today) - Film & Animation
#90 - Most Viewed (Today) - Canada
#82 - Most Viewed (Today) - New Zealand
#31 - Most Viewed (Today) - Russia
#81 - Most Viewed (Today) - Film & Animation - Germany
#8 - Most Viewed (Today) - Film & Animation - Australia
#3 - Most Viewed (Today) - Film & Animation - Canada
#7 - Most Viewed (Today) - Film & Animation - United Kingdom
#7 - Most Viewed (Today) - Film & Animation - Ireland
#2 - Most Viewed (Today) - Film & Animation - New Zealand
#59 - Most Viewed (Today) - Film & Animation - Israel
#9 - Most Viewed (Today) - Film & Animation
#62 - Most Viewed (Today) - Film & Animation - Spain
#57 - Most Viewed (Today) - Film & Animation - Mexico
#59 - Most Viewed (Today) - Film & Animation - France
#41 - Most Viewed (Today) - Film & Animation - Italy
#4 - Most Viewed (Today) - Film & Animation - South Korea
#15 - Most Viewed (Today) - Film & Animation - Netherlands
#88 - Most Viewed (Today) - Film & Animation - Poland
#18 - Most Viewed (Today) - Film & Animation - Brazil
#1 - Most Viewed (Today) - Film & Animation - Russia
#60 - Most Viewed (Today) - Film & Animation - Hong Kong
#38 - Most Viewed (Today) - Film & Animation - Czech Republic
#3 - Most Viewed (Today) - Film & Animation - Sweden
#7 - Top Favorited (Today) - Film & Animation
#24 - Top Rated (Today) - Film & Animation
#79 - Top Rated (This Week) - Film & Animation

31st top viewed today, of ALL videos on youtube in russia. WOW. #1 in its category in russia. 4th most viewed in its category in South Korea. 9th most viewed in the US in its category. I cant believe how this video has stretched across the whole world.

Suffice it to say that pop music today is boring as hell. If you're talking sales, then yea, more people and all that. It would be nice to go back to pop music being popular as a result of original melodies rather than someone 'climbing to the top' for making a generic statement.

Someone mentioned Metric earlier? Even though their last album isn't the greatest, I would say that that's the type of artist people should be fawning over. Emily doesn't have to rely on auto-tune and takes the time to craft real songs with some capable social commentary. Ga-ga just seems to be riding the love/gay train, which is fine but pretty shallow.

igotnewsuper8 systemWRONG! said:
Fuck Lady Gaga is ugly and talentless, if Lady Gaga kissed Sarah Jessica Parker I would throw up, one of the most disgusting things I can imagine.
I'll fap to that. Their faces are so "brolic" it's kind of hot.

Top Bottom