• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Late Night Wars - Conan's last Tonight Show was TONIGHT a long time ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Maybe he can do a recurring segment called "Conan O'brien NOT bashing NBC" where he first explains to the audience how NBC put in his contract that he cannot bash them if he moves to a new network.

-Voiceover/music "Conan O'brien NOT bashing NBC!". Conan laughing to himself, starts to say something, then stops and thinks better of it. Starts laughing to himself again, puts his finger up like he's gonna say something, stops. Starts to open his mouth again, stops. Crickets start chirping. End Segment with same voiceover/music.

-Voiceover/music "Conan O'brien NOT bashing NBC!". Conan staring into the camera looking extremely pissed for 15 seconds not blinking. End segment with same voiceover/music.

-Voiceover/music "conan O'brien NOT bashing NBC!". Conan goes into an angry tirade with 90% of the words bleeped out. End Segment with same voiceover/music as Conan continues his tirade and the audio slowly fades out.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Let's be real here, NeoGAF.
If Conan goes to a new network, that's the network he will be bashing. Not NBC.

Heezzi

Banned
Timedog said:
Maybe he can do a recurring segment called "Conan O'brien NOT bashing NBC" where he first explains to the audience how NBC put in his contract that he cannot bash them if he moves to a new network.

-Voiceover/music "Conan O'brien NOT bashing NBC!". Conan laughing to himself, starts to say something, then stops and thinks better of it. Starts laughing to himself again, puts his finger up like he's gonna say something, stops. Starts to open his mouth again, stops. Crickets start chirping. End Segment with same voiceover/music.

-Voiceover/music "Conan O'brien NOT bashing NBC!". Conan staring into the camera looking extremely pissed for 15 seconds not blinking. End segment with same voiceover/music.

-Voiceover/music "conan O'brien NOT bashing NBC!". Conan goes into an angry tirade with 90% of the words bleeped out. End Segment with same voiceover/music as Conan continues his tirade and the audio slowly fades out.

Awesome. I would watch..

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I don't think he'd really bash them much after the fact anyway. It would be too bitter and not very CoCo.

Didn't even know that was his future wife and I thought hey that chic's pretty cute. Score another one for CoCo.

Chelsea Handler is on Leno on Tuesday. That could be good. She's a stand-up comedian, a group who have all roundly sided with Conan on this issue, she's a self-proclaimed bitch, and she's a Jersey girl, so she won't mind making things uncomfortable.

templeusox said:
Chelsea Handler is on Leno on Tuesday. That could be good. She's a stand-up comedian, a group who have all roundly sided with Conan on this issue, she's a self-proclaimed bitch, and she's a Jersey girl, so she won't mind making things uncomfortable.

I doubt it, to be honest.

Hopefully we get the Late Night Conan on another network, and not watered down Tonight Show Conan. I'm dying looking at these older clips.

Alcibiades

yeah I loved Conan's stuff in the late 90's and early 2000's... I stopped watching after that cause I lost interest (not that it wasn't good) as it got a bit more mainstream...

the fringe, "no one is watching anyway" attitude was so much funnier than anything in the past 10 years...

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Wow.. nice one Tom Hanks :lol

NBC is such a joke right now. Zucker probably cries himself to sleep after downing a bottle of bourbon every night since this has started.

Jtwo said:
Let's be real here, NeoGAF.
If Conan goes to a new network, that's the network he will be bashing. Not NBC.
Until NBC screws the next guy over, in which case he'll join Letterman and bash NBC's lights out.

Well, it seems like there are a lot more fans of Conan from all this just in this thread so hopefully that carries over to wherever he goes. It would suck for another network to be as trigger happy as NBC because of low ratings again.

Ploid 3.0

NBC wanted to keep Conan, they just also wanted to keep Jay too, and they wouldn't dare put him on after Conan and cut into fallon's time. Why didn't they do that anyway? Well maybe they did talk about that in the meeting with Jay before anyone found out about all of this hah. Fallon wouldn't be able to put up too much of a fight, Conan would be fine, no jobs would be lost, Jay would have just had to swallow his pride.

Cheerilee

Ploid 3.0 said:
NBC wanted to keep Conan, they just also wanted to keep Jay too, and they wouldn't dare put him on after Conan and cut into fallon's time. Why didn't they do that anyway? Well maybe they did talk about that in the meeting with Jay before anyone found out about all of this hah. Fallon wouldn't be able to put up too much of a fight, Conan would be fine, no jobs would be lost, Jay would have just had to swallow his pride.
Jay never wanted to leave his 11:35 show (aside from that period of time when they were making the written plans). He refused and threatened and caused a mess a year ago. NBC convinced him to move to primetime. He failed there. They had to find a new solution. Maybe daytime, maybe a car show. "Somebody" suggested that he take back his 11:35 show from Conan, even if $40 million contracts and NBC's word had to be broken to do it. Only fools think that "somebody" wasn't Jay Leno himself. Jay plays the victim card and says NBC is screwing him (even though he's getting everything he wants), and NBC lets people believe it. But that's only because Leno means that much to them.

ili0926

Hahaha I still say 'blowed up', 'you ass', and 'what is that demonry?!' to this day because of the baseball clip.

ONE MORE OF THOSE AND YOU'LL REGRET IT, SEE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom