• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Latest Xbox One Update releases to Insiders Today (Fluent Design)

I've had that happen once with an update. Very scary the first time it happens. Glad that Microsoft built in a fail-safe in case an update failed.

Yeah, before I found that fix I had unplugged it and when I turned it back on it just went back to the update screen at 66%. The first thing I thought of was how am I going to play Cuphead, lol. You're right though, to have that fail safe in place is a God send, definitely going to tell my friends about it as well.

ganaconda

So the games under Xbox One Enhanced tab only got a update so far right?
My update for Gears 4 was only 7gb tho.

Possibly, could also just mean games that were tagged that way in a patch. 7GB sounds small. I haven't gotten that Gears update yet for whatever reason so my list is empty.

Hawk269

The last few patches actually resolved a lot of issues.

It will probably be ready pretty soon. They are already including a tutorial on how to use the new Home Screen in the latest build and on console launch.

Thanks! I am looking forward to getting the new update so I can begin getting things ready for the Xbox One X. My wife is also getting one to replace her Xbox One S, so I have two systems to prep so the sooner the better for me.

Bsigg12

New Alpha build from the 7th. Looks like we're pretty close to a final build.

HOW TO GET IT:
• If your console is in Instant-On mode and you have been selected to receive the update, it will download and install the update and reboot to standby.
• NOTE: Once the update is available to you, you can manually begin the update by launching the Guide and navigating to All Settings > System > Updates.
• If your console hasn’t downloaded and installed the update by 1:00 AM PDT 10/8/2017 (8:00AM GMT 8/10), you will be prompted to do so at that time.
• NOTE: This update has a shorter than usual amount of time before it becomes mandatory.

DETAILS:
OS version released: rs3_release_xbox_dev_1710.171006-2000
Available: 6:00PM PDT 10/7 (1:00AM GMT 8/10)

FIXES:
• Party Chat
Further improvements to resolve degraded party chat performance while playing or downloading a game.

• Mixer
Resolved an issue that could cause Mixer to stop streaming under certain conditions.

• Narrator
Fixed an issue that could sometimes cause Narrator to use the default voice instead of the user selected voice.

• Home
Fixed an issue that could cause Home to crash under rare conditions.

KNOWN ISSUES:
• Games & Apps
Game saves may take a long time to sync.
Workaround: Downloading certain game and apps (Minecraft, Netflix, Hulu, etc.) can cause this. Pause the download, then attempt to sync game saves.

• Backgrounds
Setting a background from recent achievement art does not function.

• Tournaments
The left and right navigation for selecting date and time during Tournament creation is currently reversed when the console language is set to Arabic or Hebrew.
Left and right navigation in Tournament twists is reversed when the console language is set to Arabic or Hebrew.
Left and right navigation in the bracket view of Tournaments is reversed when the console language is set to Arabic or Hebrew.

• Sign-in
Text on the account and password sign-in screen in Arabic or Hebrew language may appear aligned on the left instead of the right side.

• Netflix
When using Hebrew language, Netflix fails to launch. A fix for this issue will be available soon.

Users wishing to represent themselves as an avatar can do so by changing their settings under My profile > Customize profile > Show my avatar.

For Beta Ring Insiders

Team we found an issue at 2.20pm with the build and have changed the build to not install when your console is off - only people who seek the build can install it.

The issue is we have found that some disc based games are not working

HOW TO GET IT:

• If your console is in Instant-On mode and you have been selected to receive the update, it will download and install the update and reboot to standby.
• NOTE: Once the update is available to you, you can manually begin the update by launching the Guide and navigating to All Settings > System > Updates.
• If your console hasn’t downloaded and installed the update by 1:00 AM PDT 10/9/2017 (8:00AM GMT 9/10), you will be prompted to do so at that time.
• NOTE: This update has a shorter than usual amount of time before it becomes mandatory.

DETAILS:
OS version released: rs3_release_xbox_dev_1710.171006-2000
Available: 2:00PM PDT 10/8 (9:00PM GMT 8/10)

FIXES:
• Party Chat
Further improvements to resolve degraded party chat performance while playing or downloading a game.

• Mixer
Resolved an issue that could cause Mixer to stop streaming under certain conditions.

• Narrator
Fixed an issue that could sometimes cause Narrator to use the default voice instead of the user selected voice.

• Home
Fixed an issue that could cause Home to crash under rare conditions.

KNOWN ISSUES:
• Store update failing
If the Store app fails to update fails we have found the only workaround is a Factory REFRESH or buy from the store on xbox.com. A fix is being worked.

• Games & Apps
Game saves may take a long time to sync.
Workaround: Downloading certain game and apps (Minecraft, Netflix, Hulu, etc.) can cause this. Pause the download, then attempt to sync game saves.

• Backgrounds
Setting a background from recent achievement art does not function.

• Tournaments
• The left and right navigation for selecting date and time during Tournament creation is currently reversed when the console language is set to Arabic or Hebrew.
• Left and right navigation in Tournament twists is reversed when the console language is set to Arabic or Hebrew.
• Left and right navigation in the bracket view of Tournaments is reversed when the console language is set to Arabic or Hebrew.

• Sign-in
Text on the account and password sign-in screen in Arabic or Hebrew language may appear aligned on the left instead of the right side.

• Netflix
When using Hebrew language, Netflix fails to launch. A fix for this issue will be available soon.

Users wishing to represent themselves as an avatar can do so by changing their settings under My profile > Customize profile > Show my avatar.

speedomodel

I really am not a fan of this iteration. Last one was so much better. I regularly check achievements and it is more work now then before. Little things take longer. The Home screen is actually somehow WORSE and the idea of adding Sections is cool in theory but useless in practice.

Wish they would stop putting time in overhauling a system that they just overhauled and focus on some of the other items that could use work, like say Community tab.

Akai__

I really am not a fan of this iteration. Last one was so much better. I regularly check achievements and it is more work now then before. Little things take longer. The Home screen is actually somehow WORSE and the idea of adding Sections is cool in theory but useless in practice.

Wish they would stop putting time in overhauling a system that they just overhauled and focus on some of the other items that could use work, like say Community tab.

This iteration really showed me that they don't give a damn about feedback. The Guide and all of it's functions is the worst it could have ever been. Everything requires 1 extra step for no reason.

Really reminds me of the Metro nonsense that they tried to push so hard despite everyone hating it, only to completely abandon it afterwards.

I see there’s an Insider update to buy hardware directly from the Xbox store now. Is that new?

Like you can preorder the X from your Xbox. That’s neat?

I just tried to set my external drive as the default capture location to take advantage of the increased capture times and easy file transfer.
when I do this the xbox asks to either connect a NTFS drive or reformat the existing external drive on a PC... Does anyone know how to do this? it won't show on my PC as it was previously formatted on the xbox (which means it can't be used with anything else).

thanks.

Is party chat still spotty for alpha users? No one in my party could hear me yesterday, but I could hear them fine. Tried two separate headsets...unsure if it's software or hardware issue.

The system settings backup feature might be interesting for the Chinese market. PS4's system backup is widely used as a backdoor to get around Chinese PS4's digital store region lock, could this do the same for Chinese Xbox Ones?

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Am I blind? Update just got pushed to my box and I can't figure out how to look at games on one storage device.

It just says all storage at the bottom and how much is free

Xcell Miguel

Gold Member
Am I blind? Update just got pushed to my box and I can't figure out how to look at games on one storage device.

It just says all storage at the bottom and how much is free

I often got this problem, just refresh the Game and Apps app (open the Guide, highlight Game and Apps, press Start then Refresh).

Spasm

I just tried to set my external drive as the default capture location to take advantage of the increased capture times and easy file transfer.
when I do this the xbox asks to either connect a NTFS drive or reformat the existing external drive on a PC... Does anyone know how to do this? it won't show on my PC as it was previously formatted on the xbox (which means it can't be used with anything else).

thanks.
The ext capture drive can't be the same hdd as your ext game drive. You need one, formatted by the Xbox, as your ext game drive, and a second one, formatted by Windows, as your ext capture drive. If you format your ext game drive on Windows, say goodbye to all your game downloads.

Naked Lunch

Why do I have to press a button to see what my friends are playing now? You should see this info instantly - not enter another menu.

I also want to see my pins instantly when pressing home - you now have to press home, down, right, right, A. (used to be home, RT)

This update is shit. Changing stuff that doesn't need changing.

Orca

Options like network transfer only make sense if the update goes live before One X launches.

Network transfer is more for people with multiple Xbox One consoles and slow internet or data capped internet, not for upgrading. Ideally it would allow you to download the game once and then migrate that download over to other consoles on your network, but I've found it too slow for that right now.

I still find the fastest way to have a game on the HDD of two consoles is to take the external from console #1 with the game on it, hook it to console #2 and copy the game across to the other HDD...or just download it again.

Theorry

Why do I have to press a button to see what my friends are playing now? You should see this info instantly - not enter another menu.

I also want to see my pins instantly when pressing home - you now have to press home, down, right, right, A. (used to be home, RT)

This update is shit. Changing stuff that doesn't need changing.

First one is yeah 1 button more but it loads faster now. Thats why they changed it.
The pins you can also have in the sidebar when your press the xbox button on your controller.

Just get used to it. I was in the same boat but after some weeks i got used to it and its also better then before.

Theorry

I wish the choices next to game would stay and dont change all the time. With all the downvoting and upvoting. I finallly got a good one with Game hub and captures next to my game. But the next day its gone again and something else is in place again.

rainz

Is there any way to increase pin sizes? My pins look small as fark now compared to how they were before...

Also the glow/drop shadow is hideous i can't believe they have the best UI designers in the world and come up with some of this stuff..

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
mouse settings showing up. images from Windows Central. probably start appearing in insider builds soon.

xhp9LPP.png

WCAUfWi.png

https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-mouse-support-likely-going-live-next-update-wave

Is there any way to increase pin sizes? My pins look small as fark now compared to how they were before...

Also the glow/drop shadow is hideous i can't believe they have the best UI designers in the world and come up with some of this stuff..
I believe pin size increases considerably when you're below 18 pins.

Colbert

Banned
Has anyone tested to plug-in a media hdd for recording?

I did so (a 250gb drive and a 4tb drive) but I still get not the option to record for 60 mins.

Still stands at 2 mins. max for 1080p SDR with my 4tb drive as set target !!!

Solved! Works but not as assumed!

Has anyone tested to plug-in a media hdd for recording?

I did so (a 250gb drive and a 4tb drive) but I still get not the option to record for 60 mins.

Still stands at 2 mins. max for 1080p SDR with my 4tb drive as set target !!!

Solved! Works but not as assumed!
How long can you set the record that command to go for? I assume 60min is just for clips you start recording, right?

I would test myself, but for some reason it's telling me the drive isn't USB 3, despite they being and I already using both drives to install games before XD

Top Bottom