• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Latest Xbox One Update releases to Insiders Today (Fluent Design)

Watched a show this morning before leaving the house and said Xbox Off - no confirmation screen. It just shut down.

Pressing the eject button also woke up the console which never happened before. Never put a new disc in (which does)

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
75mHdRJ.jpg

https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-store-rebranded-microsoft-store

Hopefully this rebrand across windows and xbox brings more consistent download experiences on Windows.

Every once in a while Overwatch will just freeze up for a second or two when a lot is going on on-screen. Once that happens the Xbox Guide is REALLY slow to access. I'm assuming it was one of the recent Preview Updates and my Xbox One S isn't dying... Anyone else seeing anything like this?

Hopefully this rebrand across windows and xbox brings more consistent download experiences on Windows.

Nice! Makes sense given the ability to order things like an Xbox One X right from your console. I discovered that the other day on my non-preview Xbox and my wife thought it sounded really cruel. Potentially forcing your old hardware to help order its replacement.

Windu

Nice! Makes sense given the ability to order things like an Xbox One X right from your console. I discovered that the other day on my non-preview Xbox and my wife thought it sounded really cruel. Potentially forcing your old hardware to help order its replacement.
Yep. I assume you will start seeing what they sell in the Microsoft retail stores pop up in this store. Something they should have done a long time ago. And something i am surprised Apple doesn't do yet. I believe the App Store and Apple Store are still separate apps on iOS.

nemisis0

Just got the update but unable to navigate my pins, is this a known glitch? My wallpaper has also been replaced with something else.

Malo

Banned
Haven't really read through the thread, but has anyone had an issue with the disc drive not working initially? Everytime I switch games or put in a new one, the disc drive doesn't read the game. I usually have to do a hard reset and repeat putting the game in a couple of times before it works.

I never had this issue until I received the update a couple of weeks ago.

Yeah, you can also purchase software for Xbox from the "windows store" on your PC and some of the services that are tied to the Windows Store actually go beyond the Windows/MSFT's platform (example: Groove music). All in all, Microsoft Store makes more sense I think.

lostcauz

Every once in a while Overwatch will just freeze up for a second or two when a lot is going on on-screen. Once that happens the Xbox Guide is REALLY slow to access. I'm assuming it was one of the recent Preview Updates and my Xbox One S isn't dying... Anyone else seeing anything like this?
Yes, had micro freezes in destiny. Fortnite BR was like a slideshow. The issue seems to be party chat which is crushing game performance and not only that, chat is broken with it cutting out all the time for me, this is the worst I’ve ever seen it. Hope they fix it soon.

Windu

Haven't really read through the thread, but has anyone had an issue with the disc drive not working initially? Everytime I switch games or put in a new one, the disc drive doesn't read the game. I usually have to do a hard reset and repeat putting the game in a couple of times before it works.

I never had this issue until I received the update a couple of weeks ago.
This is what you get for putting ketchup on Hot Dogs.

New Alpha incoming. Biggest feature? Avatars (not the redesigned ones) on the Home Screen.

Team,

We are releasing a new build to the Preview Alpha Ring at 6.00pm today

https://forums.xbox.com/en-us/thread/1ecf3530-e17e-42d0-a9d0-494639139ebd

September 28th: New Preview Alpha build available (1710.170925-1918)

HOW TO GET IT

• If your console is in Instant-On mode and you have been selected to receive the update, it will download and install the update and reboot to standby.

• NOTE: Once the update is available to you, you can manually begin the update by launching the Guide and navigating to All Settings > System > Updates.

• If your console hasn’t downloaded and installed the update by 1:00 AM PDT 9/29/2017 (8:00AM GMT 29/9), you will be prompted to do so at that time.

• NOTE: This update has a shorter than usual amount of time before it becomes mandatory.

DETAILS

OS version released: rs3_release_xbox_dev_1710.170925-1918

Available: 6:00PM PDT 9/28 (1:00AM GMT 29/9)

NEW FEATURES:

See your friends represented as avatars on your Home. New blocks you’ve added, callouts for games friends are playing, and more on your Home screen will now feature today’s animated avatars.

NOTE: After gathering some great feedback, we’re going to take a little more time to test and refine the experience for the redesigned, new Xbox avatars. We’re eager to hear about your new experiences testing the placement of today’s avatars on the Home screen. We’ll take your feedback to heart as we continue working on the redesigned, new Xbox avatars, and keep you updated on the roll out.

FIXES:

• Party Chat

Fixed an issue which could sometimes prevent users from connecting to party chat.

• Games & Apps

Resolved an issue which sometimes caused Ready to Install content to be missing.

• Notifications

You should no longer see an excessive number of unread notifications (millions or billions) in the Guide.

• Home

• Fixed an issue which sometimes caused video to crash when watching a video from the Activity Feed. • Content should now correctly display on the Mixer tab for users in Australia, New Zealand, and other Asia-Pacific regions.

• Messaging

The “Edit message text” disclaimer should no longer overlap with message text entered in the Guide.

• Sign-in

Miscellaneous fixes to resolve issues with sign-in.

• LFG

Fixed an issue which sometimes caused a black screen when selecting a game from LFG.

• Guide

Fixed an issue which sometimes caused the Guide to crash when loading Recent captures.

• Profile, Clubs, and Game Hub

• Resolved an issue which could sometimes prevent users from navigating between tabs in Profile, Clubs, and Game Hub. • Resolved an issue which sometimes prompted a user with a “That didn’t work” error when accessing a Club.

KNOWN ISSUES:

• Games & Apps

• When uninstalling or hiding content from Games & Apps, the focus may disappear, preventing you from navigating within Games & Apps. Workaround: Launch the Guide, then press B to return to Games & Apps.

• Game saves may take a long time to sync. Workaround: Downloading certain game and apps (Minecraft, Netflix, Hulu, etc.) can cause this. Pause the download, then attempt to sync game saves.

• Party Chat

• Voices and audio may sound distorted or garbled.

• You may experience disconnects from party chat (dropping to game chat) with no notification.

• Backgrounds

Setting a background from recent achievement art does not function.

• Notifications

You may be unable to clear unread notifications in the Guide.

• Blu-Ray Player

3D Blu-Ray content may not correctly play in 3D.

• Sign-in

Text on the account and password sign-in screen in Arabic or Hebrew language may appear aligned on the left instead of the right side.

• Netflix When using Hebrew language, Netflix fails to launch. A fix for this issue will be available soon

Bsigg12

I know it's early but I want them to roll out the Xbox One X optional updates sooner rather than later to Alpha Ring users. I want to get as much updated as possible before November 7th.

Lucifon

I know it's early but I want them to roll out the Xbox One X optional updates sooner rather than later to Alpha Ring users. I want to get as much updated as possible before November 7th.
Me too. Purely because of my cap. It's not far off the point where my monthly cap resets and will overlap with November 7th. If they all hit at once there's no chance I'll be able to download them. Especially not with Battlefront 2 EA Access on the same month period.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
New Alpha incoming. Biggest feature? Avatars (not the redesigned ones) on the Home Screen.

Well hopefully this update will fix my dashboard.

My dash is super wonky right now.
Its like its taking a million inputs from the controller so it skips around whenever i want to select somethng and when i press A to launch pretty much anything its a gamble as to whether it will start on not.

Also my insider app, wont let me log in anymore.
Next update cant be here soon enough.

insta9ysyo.gif

^Gif is not in fast forward, thats exactly what it looks like when i use the dash.

dLMN8R

Well hopefully this update will fix my dashboard.

My dash is super wonky right now.
Its like its taking a million inputs from the controller so it skips around whenever i want to select somethng and when i press A to launch pretty much anything its a gamble as to whether it will start on not.

Also my insider app, wont let me log in anymore.
Next update cant be here soon enough.

insta9ysyo.gif

^Gif is not in fast forward, thats exactly what it looks like when i use the dash.
Submit feedback from the console.

I think there are new known bugs with the guide acting like this, and the Xbox team will want as much feedback as possible in order to get more diagnostic information to figure out what's causing it.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Submit feedback from the console.

I think there are new known bugs with the guide acting like this, and the Xbox team will want as much feedback as possible in order to get more diagnostic information to figure out what's causing it.

Yeah sent feedback right after third hard reboot.
I always go through the usual motions of restart console - > Hard reboot console - > Unplug console for a while

If none of the above work, report/feedback.

Im hoping its just something wonky with the update i got and the one today(i hopefully get) will resolve my dash being in fast forward.

MaulerX

Might be a feature that gets enabled tomorrow (like light theme and webcam shit?)

Ok I just figured it out. You have to manually add an individual friend to home to see their Avatar. I thought it would be something similar to how it was on 360. I mean, I'm not going to clog my home screen with individual blocks of friends just to see their Avatar.

Edit: Ok, I'll just add my wife and kids. Cycling thru them is a bit wonky (can't use the triggers) as you have to use either the Dpad or analog stick. Looks pretty cool though.

dreamfall

I could be imagining it - but on the new OS it almost feels like the frame pacing issues I had with GTA IV are handled much better. The frame rate doesn’t lurch nearly as often, and there isn’t as much of a delay in controlling the camera. Did anyone feel this while playing BC games?

shpankey

not an idiot
loving the speed improvements, by far my biggest complaint. currently, in the old version, it can be VERY laggy and delayed in response to movements, only to "catch up" and throw everything off, so I can't wait for this to be released to the rest of us. the design it pretty fresh too.

FZW

So the Movies & Tv app has been updated to play files off your USB and even files from your Media server over the network

Alx

Aw... :(

NOTE: After gathering some great feedback, we're going to take a little more time to test and refine the experience for the redesigned, new Xbox avatars. We're eager to hear about your new experiences testing the placement of today's avatars on the Home screen. We'll take your feedback to heart as we continue working on the redesigned, new Xbox avatars, and keep you updated on the roll out.

Sounds like new avatars will be delayed...

Head.spawn

So the Movies & Tv app has been updated to play files off your USB and even files from your Media server over the network

Thats been here for quite a bit actually.

The new Avatars can fuck off anyway. Entirely because of the reset on clothing. YOU CAN'T TAKE MY DR. ALAN GRANT COSTUMR AWAY FROM ME, EVER

I didn't realize that was the case. Kind of blows.

This crisp new SpiderMan swag I just got is disappearing?

I thought I was encountering a bug yesterday where avatars wouldn't show up on friend blocks I added to home, only static gamer pics, but I considered it might be user error and slept on it.

Gave it some more thought this morning and it occurred to me that maybe not seeing the avatars on home had something to do with what my friends had set as their representation on their public profiles (gamer pic or avatar), and yup, that was it. The few people I'd consider adding to home are proudly displaying their custom gamer pics now vs avatars.

This was probably common sense to most, or something even stated by the software team that I skimmed over, but just fyi to anyone else puzzled by this.

malfcn

Wasn't there a way before to do a universal search for things like a show, and see what app had it? All I can do is be told where to buy.

Head.spawn

Are 4K screenshots a thing already? I'm playing Cuphead and took a screenshot and it says 4K next to it.

I'm not totally sure how long Xbox One S has been doing it, but yeah, it is definitely capturing shots at full output resolution. I've had to downsample them back to normal so I don't look like a maniac posting them here.

charpunk

Anyone else having issues trying to download anything in the ready to install area? Tried installing cuphead but hitting the install option does nothing. Tried random other games and they won’t initiate the download either.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Anyone else having issues trying to download anything in the ready to install area? Tried installing cuphead but hitting the install option does nothing. Tried random other games and they won’t initiate the download either.

it's happening to everyone

im trying to install cuphead right now with same issue

Top Bottom