• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Latest Xbox One Update releases to Insiders Today (Fluent Design)

so.. I haven't turned on my Xbox since like two months ago. And now there is an update of 3.5GB. Any way to let it download in the background??

Norse

I like how the guide overlays on top of your TV show you're watching. Almost as good as snap. Time and battery level in bottom right is also nice.

Anyone else have a crap load of 360 titles update today? Wonder what that's all about.

Anyone else have a crap load of 360 titles update today? Wonder what that's all about.

They appear to be bumping every title up to a new minimum version number. They did this last summer too, when they bumped everything up to the June 2016 build or newer. Probably more about keeping the build reasonably uniform and setting a standard, base version, so most games probably won't see much of a difference, but you might see some random performance improvements here and there what with upwards of 15 months of accumulated updates.

It's also possible the new emulator build includes some Xbox One X specific elements, though most of the improvements we've heard about will be hardware/OS-side improvements, so maybe not.

borges

Banned
so.. I haven't turned on my Xbox since like two months ago. And now there is an update of 3.5GB. Any way to let it download in the background??

No, but the funny thing is that they added that option a couple of updates before and removed it... so, hopefully in the future will come back.

My home screen and store screens are completely blank from the update today :/

I updated earlier this afternoon and had the same issue, the thing is still on and working and I can bring up the cross menu bar etc.

But my home screen just keeps refreshing blank.

If I sign out it comes up again like normal.

Something's bugged out.

Spasm

I switched back to 720p recording. 1080p took way to much room in the cloud for me.
I'm doing 1080p to an external usb3 64gb thumb drive. Recording for an hour at this quality is a game changer. But yeah, I forgot to turn off automatic uploads to XBL, and it filled up pretty quickly. Lol.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Web Cam Support

https://blog.mixer.com/usb-webcams/
Mixer said:
At Mixer, we’re continuously impressed by the number of gamers embracing and enjoying the easy-to-use broadcasting that Mixer offers on Xbox One – and are equally enthusiastic about our journey ahead with fans. We’ve heard from many who have broadcasted for the very first time, as well as those who love being able to share gameplay with friends over Xbox Live regularly. One piece of feedback commonly heard is around using an existing USB webcam to share video image alongside your gameplay (similar to using the Kinect camera today). Your feedback is key, and we’re making that request a reality—but we need your help!

Starting today, support for USB webcams on Xbox One arrives for Xbox Insiders (Preview Alpha Ring)—including the ability to plug in and use them for broadcasting on Mixer! Those within the Alpha Ring of the Xbox Insider program will see this functionality as early as today, and rolling out to more Insiders in the coming weeks. Help us test this feature and get it ready for prime time by plugging in your USB webcams and giving feedback on your experiences. Don't forget Xbox Insiders, you'll need to report your feedback through the console specifically rather than Mixer support channels. We won’t release this feature broadly until we’re confident in the experience, so the more webcams we can get testing on, the better!

If you’re not yet in the Xbox Insider program but interested in joining to help test this and other new features, it’s easy to get started. Just navigate to the Store on your Xbox One console, search for the “Xbox Insider Hub,” download the app and start testing new console updates, games and apps.

Thank you for every bit of continued feedback – we’re looking forward to seeing more faces and personalities broadcasting on camera, soon!

Note: Because many ‘off the shelf’ USB webcams do not offer echo cancellation like Kinect, this is presently limited to video capture only – those camera streaming will still require the use of a headset/microphone setup to include broadcast audio.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
I still have and use my Kinect but this is actually very very cool. I wonder if them opening the door for third party webcams also means that they'll open the door for third party...ahem...VR headsets?
I expect when they bring their mixed reality devices to xbox they won't have an official xbox branded one, VR is going to keep changing quickly since its so new so its probably best to have a wide range of options.

Is there anything known about when ring 3 people get this? I believe that's what it's called.

I did notice something on the dash i hadn't noticed before. My last played game which is Shiness is automatically set as background, i like that.

Bsigg12

New build tonight

HOW TO GET IT
• If your console is in Instant-On mode and you have been selected to receive the update, it will download and install the update and reboot to standby.
• NOTE: Once the update is available to you, you can manually begin the update by launching the Guide and navigating to All Settings > System > Updates.
• If your console hasn’t downloaded and installed the update by 1:00 AM PDT 9/23/2017 (8:00AM GMT 23/9), you will be prompted to do so at that time.

DETAILS
OS version released: rs3_release_xbox_dev_1710.170920-1900
Available: 6:00PM PDT 9/22 (1:00AM GMT 23/9)

FOR PREVIEW DELTA:
• This update will be available to a select subset of Preview Delta participants (not all of Preview Delta will receive the update).
• This update may become available and mandatory to selected Preview Delta participants at different times than those listed above.
• Not all selected Preview Delta participants will receive the update at the same time.

FIXES:
• Games & Apps
• Fixed an issue which sometimes caused games to crash or fail to launch.
• Fixed an issue which sometimes caused errors when launching games while downloading in the background.

• Home
Fixed an issue which could sometimes cause the dashboard to load to a black screen when resuming from connected standby.

• USB Camera
Enhanced error messages for USB camera issues.

Fixed an issue which prevented scrolling sideways in the Welcome and Social tabs.

• Game Hub
• The focus should no longer get stuck when navigating between tabs in Game Hub.
• The tab buttons in Game Hub no longer have a black glow.

• Light Theme
Resolved visual contrast issues in messaging, the entertainment twist, and the Mixer twist.

KNOWN ISSUES:
• Backgrounds

Setting a background from recent achievement art does not function.

• Blu-Ray Player
3D Blu-Ray content may not correctly play in 3D.

• Sign-in
When using Arabic or Hebrew language and signing in with a profile using the “Lock it down” security preference, the sign-in screen which requests Microsoft account e-mail address and password is distorted. This does not affect the profile if it is set to use the “Ask for my passkey” or “No barriers” security preferences.
Workaround: Set the console to use another language, sign-in, and set the profile’s security preference to “Ask for my passkey” or “No barriers”. Alternatively, you can still type in your password as normal using the virtual keyboard though the screen is distorted.

• Netflix
When using Hebrew language, Netflix fails to launch. A fix for this issue will be available soon.

Is the console image less blurry on step 3 now?

And is that image an og or s depending on model?

On the update screen? Yeah, the console image is based on which one you have. The background during that will also be black if you have the og box or white if you have the s.

MCD

20170923_150329.jpg

Not in preview but first time I see the store updating on X1.

JMizzlin

Anyone else experiencing a black dashboard upon boot? I can use the pop up guide to navigate but my dash is gone completely. Just black screen.

MCD

I know they are changing the name from Windows Store to Microsoft Store. Could be this? Report back.

I dunno. I don't see any Windows or Microsoft name anywhere and I haven't used the store in ages so I can't tell what's the difference.

dLMN8R

The store itself is an app just like any other app in the store. It gets updated multiple times a week if you're in one of the preview rings. It's just that normally those updates happen in the background and you don't see them.

I caught a survey today that asked about the dashboard FX and what changes you'd like to see.

If y'all want new sound effects you should give feedback. I do think they're rather out of date now.

Bsigg12

New update for Alpha Ring available now:

HOW TO GET IT
• If your console is in Instant-On mode and you have been selected to receive the update, it will download and install the update and reboot to standby.
• NOTE: Once the update is available to you, you can manually begin the update by launching the Guide and navigating to All Settings > System > Updates.
• If your console hasn’t downloaded and installed the update by 1:00 AM PDT 9/26/2017 (8:00AM GMT 26/9), you will be prompted to do so at that time.
• NOTE: This update has a shorter than usual amount of time before it becomes mandatory.

DETAILS
OS version released: rs3_release_xbox_dev_170922-1900
Available: 6:00PM PDT 9/25 (1:00AM GMT 26/9)

NEW FEATURES:
• Network Transfer

You can now copy games and apps between Xbox One consoles through your local network connection. Both wireless and wired networks are supported. Navigate to Settings > Networking > Network Transfer to get started and please complete the Try Network Transfer quest in the Xbox Insider Hub so we can learn from your experience!

NOTE: The Try Network Transfer quest will only be visible after your console has downloaded and installed this system update.

FIXES:
• Home

Additional fixes to address issues which sometimes caused the dashboard to load to a black screen after resuming from connected standby.

• Community
Resolved issues which prevented videos from playing or caused incorrect videos to play in the activity feed.

• Notifications
Fixed an issue which sometimes incorrectly displayed notifications as unread.

• Guide
Fixed an issue which caused the background media controls to fail to display in Guide.

• Idle Screen
• Fixed issues which sometimes prevented the idle screen from loading.
• The screen dimming effect is now a bit less dark.

• Games & Apps
Fixed an issue which sometimes caused game performance to decrease while using the Guide or party chat.

• Light Theme
• Resolved an issue which sometimes caused a grey bar to appear at the bottom of Home.
• Resolved multiple issues with text and readability.

• USB Camera
Fixed an issue which could cause the console to shutdown when attempting a Skype video call.

• Sign-in
Resolved an issue which caused the account and password sign-in screen in Arabic or Hebrew language to appear distorted.

KNOWN ISSUES:
• Notifications

You may see an excessive number of unread notifications (millions or billions) in the Guide.
This sounds great

• Backgrounds
Setting a background from recent achievement art does not function.

• Blu-Ray Player
3D Blu-Ray content may not correctly play in 3D.

• Sign-in
Text on the account and password sign-in screen in Arabic or Hebrew language may appear aligned on the left instead of the right side.

• Netflix
When using Hebrew language, Netflix fails to launch. A fix for this issue will be available soon.

Looks like they're starting to work in the updates for he people transitioning to Xbox One X's. I wonder when we'll start seeing our first set of optional updates for X assests in the Alpha Ring.

Bsigg12

Also looks like they made the My Games and Apps, Store and Pins icons in the guide smaller. It looks better.

The Friends in games section is nice.

Orca

Transfer is way slower than I expected. Tried moving Forza across and it capped out under 10 Mb/s - dropped into the kb/s even. It would be faster to redownload the game on my 1 GB connection than to move it this way - and it's a base 100/1000 network, wired.

I think I'll just keep downloading on one, then copying it from that console to a second HDD for the other Xbox One.

FZW

Transfer is way slower than I expected. Tried moving Forza across and it capped out under 10 Mb/s - dropped into the kb/s even. It would be faster to redownload the game on my 1 GB connection than to move it this way - and it's a base 100/1000 network, wired.

I think I'll just keep downloading on one, then copying it from that console to a second HDD for the other Xbox One.

Could be your network

Wonder if anyone else has this issue

Top Bottom