• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Launch titles for the NX: Logical Predictions and Dream Predictions

Neoxon

True. I guess I'm hoping that the hybrid nature of the NX might be just the loophole Nintendo needs to get a console game that is technically portable.
Even then, you'd basically be playing a prettier version of a game along the lines of Sun/Moon in terms of gameplay for Gen 8. Game Freak sticks with handheld since that's where they believe Pokémon works best (& they aren't wrong). In the event that the console & handheld share most of their games, all we'd get on the console is a handheld-targeted game at a higher resolution & frame rate.

MazeHaze

Banned
I'm secretly hoping that the new NX controller is like, a robot cat that you have to take care of and feed, and sometimes it just doesn't feel like playing, so you have to go outside or do something else lol.

On topic though, I'm really hoping for a new Metroid Prime, and despite people hating it I would love the new Eternal Darkness spiritual successor as a launch exclusive. Kind of hard to make a wishlist since the NX is so hush hush though. I havent owned a Nintendo console since the Gamecube, but I am SO stoked that they might finally release something I just need to buy, I've been missing Nintendo for a long time.

Edit: or maybe the the new controller can be like, a plant that you have to water and check the PH levels of the soil and stuff, and they make it some kind of fitness minigame. No really though, please just give me a dual stick controller with the face buttons ABOVE right stick, or even better give me that AND keyboard and mouse support.

Logical:
Zelda NX
Pikmin 4
Ports: Smash, Splatoon and Mario Maler

Dream:
A 3D Mario: not 2D since Mario Maker exists. I am sure they have a 3D Mario in the work but not sure that will hit launch
Retro's game: Either Metroid or new IP
Luigi Mansion NX
F-Zero
Kid Icarus
A collaboration with either Capcom or Square or PlatinumGames

dtm808

Logical :

Launch :
Luigi's Mansion 3 (Based on credible rumors)
Pikmin 4
Smash Bros 4. With all DLC
Ubisoft,EA,Koei,SE game
Zelda

Later :
Mario Maker (either with BC for gamepad or it will have an app for tablets or PC). Its too big of a game to abandon on Wii U
Splatoon port or sequel
Retro Studios game

Dream :
Monster Hunter 5 (2018)
Final Fantasy XV
Dragon Quest Builders
Revival of dormant IP (Sega's Monkey Ball, Fzero, Advance Wars, etc)

ozfunghi

Dream:

New Earthbound
Pikmin 4
Metroid Prime 4
Deus Ex 3
Mario Kart 9 (since i completed all 200cc cups with gold*** last week)
Zelda WiiUNX
ZombiX
Beyond Good & Evil 2
Eternal Darkness 2
Animal Crossing

zeromcd73

3D Mario
Pikmin 4
Zelda U
Smash Bros port

Also expecting a new Monster Hunter game to launch on NX (and also PS4) in March as well.

Give me Zelda (hopefully with improvements over the Wii U version), a 3D Mario (preferably with a larger scale than 3D world, excellent as it is), a new Retro game (Metroid, DK, new IP are all fine by me) and Bayonetta 3.

"Dream Predictions", don't butcher the word prediction, please.
It's called a wish list. Or just dreams. D:

Also I pretty much believe the rumors about the ports.

wildfire

Banned
Logical.
Final Fantasy XV (mark my words)
Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare
The Legend of Zelda
Smash 4 DX
Super Mario Maker
Battlefield 1
NBA 2k17
Just Dance 2017
Untitled Ubisoft Project
Platinum Games sequel
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Destiny

seems perfectly reasonable and I'd expect a 70% success rate.

54 replies and you're the first person to mention 3rd parties.

If the NX console is going to succeed and it doesn't live up to the hype of making portable games easy to scale to the console it will be in trouble without direct 3rd party games.

What I expect

Call of Duty
Sonic
Dragon Quest
Xcom
Resident Evil
Freedom Planet
Telltale Game based on Nintendo IP.
Tekken or Tekken X Streefighter
Beyond Good and Evil

Not confident about but could still happen
Final Fantasy XV
Star Wars title
Monster Hunter
Psychonauts
Gigantic
H1Z1

What I would like to see but simply don't see it happening
Mass Effect
Battlefield 1
Cyberpunk 2077
Destiny

Bolded I'm personally looking forward to.

tolkir

Logical:

- Pikmin 4
- Splatoon
- Zelda NX
- Smash 4 Complete
- Monster Hunter
- PS4 Dragon Quest port games (Builders, Heroes II, etc)
- Tekken 7
- Wario Land NX

Dream:

- Mario 64 2
- NieR 2
- Jet Set Radio 3
- Arcade Racer (Sega Rally/Ridge Racer/Daytona)
- Nintendo Strikers Football
- Castlevania

Top Bottom