• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Law & Order To Air An Episode Inspired By #Gamergate February 11

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
SVU video game episodes are the best

and by best I mean LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

any suspect related to video gaming will do shit like ignore a kid living under the stairs in favor of their virtual child, say shit like "Whoa, pause the game!" instead of "wait a minute" during an interrogation, taunt other characters by saying things like "bang bang you're dead" (what are you, six?)

my favorite part is this episode where they had a fake second life

one of the users had kidnapped a woman in real life, but his in-game avatar had a cabin by a replica of some lake, and so they figured out that if they could find the fake cabin in the game they could find the real one in real life

so get this, for some reason the developer couldn't just tell them where the cabin was, they had to change the time of day in the game world so they could see which direction the sun was rising from, so they could figure out where the cabin was in the game, and the dev hesitated to do it because "we've never done this before, you're about to freak out 2 million people" or some such nonsense

it was IMPRESSIVELY dumb

I remember that episode.

And he kidnapped the girl because she looked like some old teenager he fell in love when he was younger.

Valkrai

I think this COULD be a good thing? Maybe? I'm definitely worried about the stereotypes that may come from this.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT

So your average portrayal of gaming in television then.

Obligatory link:

NCIS writers trying to make gamers heads explode through dialogue

Some old classics there including:

8dqGY.png

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
"Detective Tutuola (Ice-T) investigates the crime but Raina refuses to delay the launch, and the cops must "level up" to protect her"

Pretty much. SMH.

get ready to hear that kind of stuff all through the episode

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I can see this ending well.

The internet isn't going to be a place I want to be when this airs, I wouldn't be able to combat the stupid.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Ugh.

Can't wait to be unfairly targeted in the media because there are asshats out there.

lil

Whaaaat?

Well, we all know what the outcome of this will be. No matter what, Gators will try to convince us all it's not reaaally about GG.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Hopefully this is not as accurate as the PC gaming talk on NCIS...

According to that idea we're all some sort of mace wielding demon slayer playing a dungeon MMO and all our menus are bright red and green letters that mention "death".

They'll probably hire actors to play cosplayers. The video game will be probably be some offbrand animation. I guess it represents gaming? but this means gaming is a giant melting pot. It's beyond the reservation at GameStop.

Memory cards and console stickers have led us all to this.

Ah Law and Order picking a topic in the news and running with it. I'm sure it will be amazing as their track record across all variants has been nothing short of spotless for understanding gaming, technology and the like. I mean their take on violent video games affecting a killer utilized a game where you drive a car, get out, and beat a hooker to death to take her purse. Exactly like GTA.

Ah, anyway, I haven't watched the show since Stabler left. How is it?

Also, with all the recent shit games getting glowing reviews from the media, I really wish an adult conversation could be had on that. One that doesnt devolve into abject horror.

JDSN

Banned
"Ice T: Achievement Unlocked: 25 years to life."

I think this COULD be a good thing? Maybe? I'm definitely worried about the stereotypes that may come from this.

There is no stereotype, no matter how absurd and comically evil it is that they will use that doesnt exist in reality, rape deniers, truthers, holocaust deniers, white supremacists, fat bumbling assholes downplaying harassment, this are some of the leaders of the movement and also "gamers". So in that sense maybe Leigh Alexander is right, because I identify myself as a fan of video games, but never a "gamer".

kurahador

lmao...can't wait. L&O SVU this season sure is quick in using real events.

I think the manifesto episode is this season too.

Inb4 plot:

Pair of guys being degenerates and harassing female attendees
Starting to go to far
another guy gets involved and tells them to get lost
Pair leaves agitated and swearing
Guy is thanked
*fast forward*
harassment victim is found
*investigation and questioning phase of episode*
Find the two degenerates
Crap themselves
Not so tough in a jail cell
Actually didn't do it
*investigate more*
*begin plot twist*
Turns out guy that helped her in the beginning did it
*Insert some "She didn't wanna go out with me" line that happens a lot in Law and Order

Congrats: gamers are now painted as Social Degenerates and/or Creeps

IS THIS WHAT YOU WANTED.

I remember one time on Law & Order (or a very similar show), one of the killers posted on a forum and when it came time to explain his actions it was because he was a failed writer and posting on forums was the only way his written word would ever find an audience.

Top Bottom