• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LawBreakers FREE WEEKEND on Steam

Stygr

Banned
Another bad decision?
The free weekend will start on 28 September and end on 2 October , one day before COD:WWII Open Beta
Here's the trailer

Also 25% on Steam, until 4 October.

lazerfox

My guess is they will probably do some free weekends mid september and reduce the price by 50% to get new players in. If that doesn't work it will go F2P before 2018.

I didn't really like the beta but I'd give it a second chance.

Damn I almost called it. I don't think 25% off is enough.

Every other weekend I would have tried it out but this weekend it's time for some 360 no scopes.

BraXzy

The problem I have with free weekends on these big downloads is I don't want to commit a bunch of time and bandwidth just for something I'll get to try for a day and a half.

pagrab

Good, I was actually wanted to try that. I do not believe that they are going to turn this around, but maybe they will add bots at some point

dohma

The game needs to go perma free to play sooner than later, look at battle born for reference on how early you should go f2p

Sorian

Banned
No, but all post should be at least within reasons?

It is my opinion that the game is not worth my time on it's own merits and that they would have to provide me monetary gain before I'd be willing to subject myself to it again.

I'm not sure what's unreasonable about that. The game is bad, that's not a neogaf thing, that's pretty much an accepted reality at this point.

Edit: Actually, let's say the game isn't worth many people's time or money, that's a more fair assessment then just saying it's bad.

It is my opinion that the game is not worth my time on it's own merits and that they would have to provide me monetary gain before I'd be willing to subject myself to it again.

I'm not sure what's unreasonable about that. The game is bad, that's not a neogaf thing, that's pretty much an accepted reality at this point.

Edit: Actually, let's say the game isn't worth many people's time or money, that's a more fair assessment then just saying it's bad.

I think it's great actually, just no one playing it.

haikira

Definitely be checking this out, as it looks like my kind of game.

Feel bad they're having such a hard time getting players. It's very hard to predict what'll be a hit these days, and what won't be.

If I have a good time I think i'll get it, but the thought of having trouble matchmaking due to the player count is a little off putting. Then again, if everyone thinks like that, I guess it'll never get the players. It's kind of a catch 22 =S

kubricks

This opinion is well explained and if this were your original post I won't have made my comment at all.

Brofist

Well this is better than your first lul it sucks post

Definitely down for this. The trailer was pretty cool but I can't shake the feeling that people don't want to be reminded of cops using guns in their video game marketing. I hope someone puts out a video explaining the game modes a bit better before I jump back in.
41.26GB and no.
Well looking forward to playing Sunday afternoon for an hour or two I guess...

dickroach

agree. It's almost like there's a tournament going on in GAF to see who can shit on the most on lawbreakers. This game seems to be gear towards failure since the beginning.

so I just went to the Steam page just to make sure my computer could run it, and I saw that there are 33 people playing right now.
there are 30 people playing Unreal Tournament 2004 right now
it's hard not to shit on it :\

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
This has to be the final install size right? No way I'm downloading 41 GB to try the game for 1 hour.

Yeah. Now that the disk space allocation process has finally completed, I can say the download size is 17.8GB.

Wow, it's gonna take more that a Weekend to download 40 gigs :(
Well looking forward to playing Sunday afternoon for an hour or two I guess...

Sorry, that's the install size. It took Steam almost 10 minutes to initiate the download.

so I just went to the Steam page just to make sure my computer could run it, and I saw that there are 33 people playing right now.
there are 30 people playing Unreal Tournament 2004 right now
it's hard not to shit on it :

Then criticise it on its gameplay, graphics, design etc., instead of just dogpiling. What you're saying is it's hard to resist shitting on it because other people are shitting on it.

What a fantastic attitude for a person to have.

Sorian

Banned
Well this is better than your first lul it sucks post

I had a responsibility to get out a quality first post.

Then criticise it on its gameplay, graphics, design etc., instead of just dogpiling. What you're saying is it's hard to resist shitting on it because other people are shitting on it.

It's a video game based around cooperative play. The fact that only 33 people are playing it right now is a legitimate criticism.

dickroach

I haven't played it yet. waiting for the 28th ;)

Bluth54

I'll start. Class based shooters should have memorable characters that people remember and latch on to...see games like Team Fortress 2 and Overwatch. Lawbreakers characters look like generic futuristic military FPS characters.

kiyomi

The problem I have with free weekends on these big downloads is I don't want to commit a bunch of time and bandwidth just for something I'll get to try for a day and a half.

This. I'd rather download a trial-size version of the game for the weekend instead of being forced to download the entire thing for 48 hours.

Market saturation strikes again!

The game is good, I think people don't like CliffyB.

Might as well try it now, and COD isn't for me.

I don't think it's that people dislike Cliffy B., it's that nobody in the PC space - which this game is geared towards - cares about him after over a decade of making console-oriented games. So obviously their marketing campaign of "CLIFFY B'S NEW SHOOTER" fell on uninterested ears.

dickroach

I don't think it's that people dislike Cliffy B., it's that nobody in the PC space - which this game is geared towards - cares about him after over a decade of making console-oriented games. So obviously their marketing campaign of "CLIFFY B'S NEW SHOOTER" fell on uninterested ears.

couple that with the fact that Overwatch is huge, and his entire promotional campaign for Lawbreakers was going around and saying "none of that $60 multiplayer only bullshit," essentially just going around saying "fuck you overwatch, we're better. more in touch with what gamers want" without having anything to back it up (that's just me going off reviews). not a good look

"Hey guys, lets do a free weekend of our game that is almost 100% dead the same weekend as the new Call of Duty Free open Beta, and at the beginning of one of the most jam packed months for releases this year"

Seriously guys what the fuck. I know the game is bombing but this is a bad time for a free weekend. I get they want to right the ship as soon as possible but games like Warframe didnt do it overnight, it took time and good word of mouth to turn their fortunes around. They really couldnt have held off even just one week til after the CoD beta?? Realistically at this point your game is dead as fuck, one extra week of decomposition isnt going to kill it any further.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I'll try the free weekend, but 25% off is good for a laugh. They should at least be doing 50% off with the numbers Lawbreakers has been doing.

Mendrox

It's okay Cliffy. Don't be angry.

Tried LawBreakers and the game was fun, but there is just no user base to play with. That won't help them at all.

How much longer until the weekend where they pay me to play? Might jump in then.

If you're that uninterested in the game, and dislike their offering that much, why don't you just move on? It's not like "don' try this game for free" is a solid advice for anyone else.

And with that attitude you have, it sounds like any effort from the devs to try and win you back would be a waste of time and effort for them.

Top Bottom