• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lazy Game Reviews - Anyone Else a Big Fan?

ghibli99

Just watched his G(s)OTY 2015 video. Good stuff! I like his style, and I could easily see this becoming a favorite, like Kyle Bosman, who's my current favorite.

I saw his Duke Nukem 3D review and enjoyed it so much. Fuck it makes me miss that PC games were on the shelves in big boxes at a circuit city or compusa (both went out of business)

Really glad this guy got the notoriety he has. Most Youtube reviewer types can be kind of insufferable with bits and gags and a general sort of weird smarm that I'm finding to be an increasingly large turn off.

LGR avoids a lot of that. Not all of it, but a lot of it. He's usually just informative and personable, and that's pretty cool. I live vicariously through his thrifting videos (though less so now that I actually work at a thrift store...)

inm8num2

Watched him for awhile. Has a great voice and covers neat stuff. He even went to a goodwill I hit up all the time.

Was this you? :p

pxJClnJ.png

Love LGR and the video that got me into him was:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jChtlWNIAL4

LGR - Oddware - Diamond Edge 3D ... a very early nvidia video card that used quadratic surfaces instead of polygons (pre-DirectX). This thing had pretty much direct ports from the Sega Saturn made for it and I was glued, as I never knew of its existence.

I stayed for basically every other video of remote interest, and I haven't found anything from him that I would call bad. Awesome dude and needs way more attention/spotlight.

MCN

Banned
He's one of the Youtubers I will always go out of my way to watch, and feel a tinge of excitement when I see a new video.

He's right there with Ashens, Techmoan, My Virgin Kitchen (Barry is a dude), Good Mythical Morning and bigclivedotcom.

bjork

I've been watching this dude since early 2010. I don't care so much for the thrift videos, but everything else is really solid. I kind of miss the abandoned building stuff he was doing for a little bit there.

Clockwork5

Using that coupon to buy a pizza was priceless. That other dude was so excited that the coupon was 17 years old. Charming.

ghibli99

I love him. I like his Goodwill videos the most.
Same here. These have become a bit of a semi-nightly thing that my wife and I watch before going to sleep. It's funny seeing what he finds (especially the non-game stuff), but at the end, we're always saying, "Man, where the hell does he keep all this stuff?!" (and then we saw his 'dungeon' video, and were like, "Oh." LOL).

Makes me want to check out the local thrift stores to see if I have the kind of luck he has. Doubt it!

MrBigBoy

Love it when this guy reviews an expansion for The Sims 4. Everytime a new stuff pack releases he cuts a part of a doll named Ralph.

I also love he is more popular now, I was subbed to him pretty early when he started doing YouTube :)

bjork

Makes me want to check out the local thrift stores to see if I have the kind of luck he has. Doubt it!

You won't. Dude found a boxed copy of Space Taxi at a Half-Price Books. I knew about it for 30 years and had never even seen a boxed copy before that. I think LGR's thrifting luck is his mutant power, it is positively unreal.

Teknoman

Same here. These have become a bit of a semi-nightly thing that my wife and I watch before going to sleep. It's funny seeing what he finds (especially the non-game stuff), but at the end, we're always saying, "Man, where the hell does he keep all this stuff?!" (and then we saw his 'dungeon' video, and were like, "Oh." LOL).

You won't. Dude found a boxed copy of Space Taxi at a Half-Price Books. I knew about it for 30 years and had never even seen a boxed copy before that. I think LGR's thrifting luck is his mutant power, it is positively unreal.

Hey you gotta try right?

Was hoping this was bumped for an LGR Thrifts return!

I do wonder as to the legalities of wearing glasses that record video in public though (he's in North Carolina, right?)

I do wonder as to the legalities of wearing glasses that record video in public though (he's in North Carolina, right?)

I think he's fine as long as he doesn't record people without their permission. But then again... I don;t really know anything about American politics.

Incredible find with the Radio Shack TRS-80.

Darkwater

I'm definitely a fan. Always some cool odds & ends to see on his channel. Didn't know his patrons give him three grand each month. That's crazy! Happy for him that he's rewarded for his work and can (hopefully) do it full-time on that money.

I think he's stayed off faces which is ok.

Anyway, glad to see this bumped. Him moving to a new house with more space and a designed recording room is great

I'm definitely a fan. Always some cool odds & ends to see on his channel. Didn't know his patrons give him three grand each month. That's crazy! Happy for him that he's rewarded for his work and can (hopefully) do it full-time on that money.

I think people know you can't make it alone of YT revenue and his fanbase is very supportive. They all send him cool stuff they find and he does a really good job covering what he is sent.

He uses the extra revenue to expand what he can cover and he does do this full time now

I supported for a year and got a signed 5.5 floppy!

Top Bottom