• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends Championship Series: Season 7

Newt

e9c577e5217e480605d27abfdbfea5aa.png

Hello fellow Gaffers, welcome to the League of Legends 2017 LCS thread.

There has been many changes in the transition to the 2017 LCS. Now, both EU and NA LCS have a BO3 format, both Leagues have imported as many Korean pro players as possible, and some of our favorite players have retired (Forgiven and Doublelift).

Together, we'll experience the Dignitas Baron throws, the Fnatic backdoor plays, the EU snooze-fest games, and the NA clown fiestas (where players literally lose to the AI). Which teams will succeed, and which teams will take an early vacation? This is the place to find out folks.

Anyways, since I have the thread making skills of a bonobo, lets make this short and concise.

oV74mFT.png

GET YOUR STREAMING ACTION HERE

Missed a game? No probs, Rito got the VODs for ya!

More LCS like PTL, articles, power rankings and full rosters at League's Official Esports Site

XXVCt93.png

NA LCS
4298c28e7b840040ef823fca3930bf56.png

TSM | Cloud9 | Dignitas | CLG | FlyQuest (Promoted from C9 Challenger) | Team Liquid | Phoenix1 | Immortals | Team Envyus | Echo Fox

EU LCS
732446e32e072a7cb68b3de7842b1dfb.png

Fnatic | Roccat | H2K | Unicorns of Love | Giants | Misfits (Promoted) | Origen | Splyce | Gamers2 | Vitality

For other series, such as the LCK, check out Leaguepedia.

klhlbmB.png

What's changing?

-Inactive Roster: Teams can add up to three players into the inactive roster. These players are affiliated with the team, but can't play until they're moved to the active roster. This allows these players to apply for work eligibility and allow teams to gain poaching protection.

-BO3 Format: Both the EU and NA LCS regular season games will be best of three format.

-Prize Pool: Though players receive salaries from Riot and their teams, the prize pool has been increased to $200,000 per split.

-Relegation: Only the 9th and 10th place teams participate in the promotion tournament.

9er3NUW.png

Create a Fantasy League so you can compete against your friends. Feed them bad advice, give them bad trades and manipulate information. All for the enormous bragging rights at the end of the split.

Here's an example of weekly match-up.

2dc94c81faed1e405d3c3d725ba19f91.png

Click here to start a fantasy league.

Special thanks to Zkylon for his many assets from the last thread, and Leaguepedia for their compact and convenient information.

Me when someone else makes threads:

raw

Me when League-GAF leaves me to make the thread:

vQ71RL.gif

NSESN

Contractz impressed me yesterday, but i am not sure if C9 won because of him or because bjerg had one of his worst series in his career.

Repgnar

What will I get when I win fantasy?

Looking forward to seeing how some of these NA teams compete today. TSM looking like trash.

rito plz

why can i play hundreds of solo q games and never have a single problem and every 2 matches they have another fuck up

My guess is the LAN client is a lot less polished than the online client since it's only ever used for LCS and Riot tournaments.

Sol Mori

rito plz

why can i play hundreds of solo q games and never have a single problem and every 2 matches they have another fuck up

I hope this isn't a serious comment, but in case it is...

LCS games are not played on the public servers and quite often some of the issues delaying games are due to communication. While I don't know what is causing today's delays, you're not dealing with the communication system the teams use in solo queue.

While I'm assuming they do plenty of testing of each PC + the voice system prior to the LCS starting, sometime issues just come up.

Newt

I hope this isn't a serious comment, but in case it is...

LCS games are not played on the public servers and quite often some of the issues delaying games are due to communication. While I don't know what is causing today's delays, you're not dealing with the communication system the teams use in solo queue.

While I'm assuming they do plenty of testing of each PC + the voice system prior to the LCS starting, sometime issues just come up.
Yeah, this.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
honestly it seems like a bit of carryover from last year where the lower tier NA teams could play really well at times but they have no clue how to close against a team that actually defends

So what's with the sudden popularity of Varus? Is it just to counter initiate Ashe?

Actually, why is Ashe popular all of a sudden?

Top Bottom