• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

Nekofrog

Banned
My friend is a yasuo main (on his smurf only) and he's the least toxic person I've ever met. He's never raged or even gotten so much as a raised voice and we've played hundred of games together over the years.

He really should just embrace the inner support that I know is inside of him

patchday

this doesn't sound sustainable lol

and this doesn't seem like a new problem, pros have always complained about na solo q being trash so idk why they waited until now to do this

riot doesn't delete reddit comments, pls don't make up stuff or take random posts on doto reddit of all places as truth

also riot didn't lie, they just changed their mind, which isn't the same

no one is leaving league

you're only looking at the tiny reddit bubble that represents a very shitty subset of league players

most people are enjoying the game better and for all we know dynamic queue might've increased league's playerbase rather than reduce it

Riot promised SoloQ and changed their minds. If I make a promise to my kids we're going to Disney World and later change my mind well then my kids will think I lied. If I accept a job offer and later cancel then I'm also not credible to that company.

That's just how I see it and won't discuss it further

Lastly, the conjecture bout Riot deleting posts is stuff the Reddit posters are eluding too. go debate it with them I guess I don't really care

Riot promised SoloQ and changed their minds. If I make a promise to my kids we're going to Disney World and later change my mind well then my kids will think I lied. If I accept a job offer and later cancel then I'm also not credible to that company.

Lastly, the conjecture bout Riot deleting posts is stuff the Reddit posters are eluding too. go debate it with them I guess I don't really care

Are they not allowed to change their minds?

Edit-Tryndamere posted his thoughts on his blog

This part is relevant-
2. If we pivot during the course of development the team doesn't want the response of "OMG you promised X, yet delivered Y!" You learn a lot as you deeply dive into a feature or system and that learning may invalidate earlier assumptions that you had and communicated externally. This isn't about our own sensitivities, but it's about not letting players down and disappointing people through wrongly set expectations.

People were like "zomg why reboot lore and take it away" - and now people are starting to see how cool this stuff is (and we have some winsauce coming). Making cool stuff takes time and sometimes we have to "take stuff offline" to take it to new heights.

DRE Fei

If riot is so intent on having people play in these 5 man parties in ranked, then why is there still no built-in voice chat?

Also, you might as well just compromise and use the dota 2 system. Just have individial mmr ratings depending on if you're in a party or playing solo.

clemenx

Banned
Heads up in case people don't know, there are now NA LCS games on Friday night. CLG vs TSM is about to start in about 10 minutes or so.

patchday

If riot is so intent on having people play in these 5 man parties in ranked, then why is there still no built-in voice chat?

Also, you might as well just compromise and use the dota 2 system. Just have individial mmr ratings depending on if you're in a party or playing solo.

It's also shameful there is no sandbox mode of any sort. Other night when I was practicing last hitting I thought to myself this is just so lazy. Even HoTS has it where you can adjust your level, reset things, etc when you're learning a new hero 'solo'

But #1 priority should have been Voice. I love how my favorite FPS (Overwatch & Rainbow 6) have it included

zkylon

zkylewd
whenever reddit is crying about Riot doing something wrong and destroying something, I think back to this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evjn7_tMRd4

lol this always makes me laugh

Xpecial's video really has nothing do with dynamic queue anyways.

The point is, is that many people including me, Talents, and I'm sure more people have had to play against premades as full solo teams. They moved in the right direction by reducing the max premade to 3, but it was only because people gave them this feedback.

Anyways all Riot has to do to make Newt happy: diamond + queues have a premade restriction of 2.
don't you mean plat 2+ queues?

:>

http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/page/clairvoyance-blog-champ-friends
Rito posted a graph of how playrate of certain champions correlate with other champions.

If you select a champ in the graph you can see more details, and actual ranks. For example if someone plays a lot of Zyra their next most played champ is likely to be Nami. If someone plays a lot of Heimerdinger their next most likely champs are Teemo and Blitzcrank. Draven correlates a lot with Vayne and Kalista.

Nobody likes Vel'Koz. Or is it that if you play Vel'Koz, you play few other champs?
http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/page/clairvoyance-blog-champ-friends#Vel'Koz
kind of weird, if i put on ori i get a frightengly accurate list (ahri, lebonk, lizzy, syndra and lulu) but if i put on lux it's like the most random shit ever with like morgana and mf and jinx and fucking malphite lol

i mean, don't discuss it if you don't want to (i'm always confused when ppl decide not to discuss things further like why did you even start a conversation then?) but like what can i say, your opinion is dumb

like, hey, i get it, it sucks that rito didn't follow through on their promise but we're supposed to be adults that can do more than cry when they don't get to go to disney land. we can be reasoned with.

maybe disney land is super expensive or maybe there's something unforseen that came up that's more important

maybe going to disney land was a bad idea in the first place and going there just to meet some promise is ridiculous

the attitude you/a lot of ppl on reddit are having about it is that of a child and reality is priorities change and opinions change and as long as there's a reason for it that makes sense then cool, let's deal with it

you may then disagree with the decision and promising something and not delivering on it is definitely something to be mad at them for but being all like RIOT LIED TO US is really silly

if you don't care then why are you posting about it? and why are you repeating random crap with bad sources (doto reddit is not an objective source you can trust) you hear?

give riot the benefit of the doubt, they have reddit shitting on them day in and day out for as long as i've been playing league and they've never deleted any one post.

pls

the doto system is pretty good imo and would be cool if they use it, even if afaik in doto you can also be matched 4+1 which is one of the problems a lot of ppl complain about here/at reddit

the voice chat thing, idk, it's ok, but like other rioters have asked, why is it that no one ever drops like a discord or curse link for ppl to talk in

ppl don't love talking to strangers, specially in a game like league in which you'll probably want to murder those strangers

so idk, i doubt it'd make much of a difference considering how rare is for ppl that play league to not have any sort of voice comms installed on their computer already

like to me riot's logic makes a lot of sense, why bother developing something that's already out there and works

like i haven't ever seen ppl use overwatch's voice chat much, but i get invited to discords by my friends all the time

pigeon

Banned
most people are enjoying the game better and for all we know dynamic queue might've increased league's playerbase rather than reduce it

I'm super confident that dynamic queue increased League's playerbase or they would be doing different stuff right now.

Luigi87

I hate that Riot pretty much is anti-solo players at this point it feels.
I mean even with bonus IP. They used to have Bonus IP weekends, etc.
Now the only way to get that when they do it is if you're in a party.

Been trying Kennen in normals ... even though I barely know wtf I'm doing with him I've won every game.

I mean, his Ult engage is fucking NIIICE! I'm like, "sure ... the adc killed them all and that's good ... but yall didn't realize that my engage allowed that?!? No GJ for me? o_O"

Every time I look at pro-builds I see sooo many different ways to build him ... think I'mma try going Hybrid (well, rush a Botrk or Gunblade before going hard on the AP atleast). Having no mana feels sooo goooood and the only draw back is his wave clear. With sustain I think he can be even more awesome.

zkylon

zkylewd
some of the comments on reddit are hilarious

people asking tryndamere to call for a press conference to do a public apology, ppl saying that rito should refund all rp since dynamic q was established, ppl asking tryndamere if he's like a pathological liar mastermind

some of the comments on reddit are hilarious

people asking tryndamere to call for a press conference to do a public apology, ppl saying that rito should refund all rp since dynamic q was established, ppl asking tryndamere if he's like a pathological liar mastermind

I'm sure they're being sarcastic

but seeing some comments in this thread of all places, it's hard to know what to believe anymore

Finally mastery 7!!

0f40e491053454a089dab01ccbbef7b9.png

Now to work on Xerath.

Talents

Banned
ayy lamao my comments represent

I just want no auto fill and to get mid 70% of the time instead of the 50/50 I'm getting now, that doesn't seem too much to ask

zkylon

zkylewd
i think kayle def needs a rework

size i would use to compare is shen

so basically similar spells, similar general idea, but new paradigms for a lot of her abilities and a lot of tweaks and changes

also new art cos she looks like garbage

I'm sure they're being sarcastic

but seeing some comments in this thread of all places, it's hard to know what to believe anymore

i don't think so, sadly

Toplane is the worst. Also, I don't think Kayle really needs a rework. She's a bit simple, but she has her strengths and weaknesses.

Maybe like some minor changes like Zyra.

Her kit is cancerous to any melee solo laner IMO.
As in, it's just a damn nightmare to face her with melee champs. It's simple and every bit of it seems to be designed to shit on melee champs.

zkylon

zkylewd
Well her biggest weakness is the downtime on her E though.
problem with her e vs kogmaw's w is that she's just not interesting at all when her e is down

kayle is a bad champion without her e, it's not gating her power, she just powers off

Fracas

#fuckonami

Oh yeah for sure, you'd have to re-tool her to fit around it. IMO it's similar to pre rework Ashe, where her power windows felt really arbitrary and boring (especially the slow on Q, and to a lesser extent her garbage old passive).

Obviously you have more games on Kayle than I do, but from my time with her, she's incredibly dull to play when her e is down. Her entire existence mostly revolves around that one ability. I feel like you could create some much more interesting play patterns than "hit e and shred everything to pieces, then run away til it comes off cd in a few seconds."

Calvero

Banned
problem with her e vs kogmaw's w is that she's just not interesting at all when her e is down

kayle is a bad champion without her e, it's not gating her power, she just powers off

I don't think I ever have E down after I finish Nashor's

edit: disclaimer - my memory of this is probably shit

After facing Zed like 3 times today I'm back to prema banning this clown show champ.

I mean, I BET he's fun to play but he's faaaar too safe for his role :/

Nekofrog

Banned

yep

busted

i was 0-0-0 for the first 15 minutes, completed trinity before i saw any action. instant triple kill on roam mid with Q max second. irelia's teamfight is ridiculous with Q max second. the burst is so high

Leezard

It's just like old Ahri, her biggest weakness was that she had low mobility pre-6. After 6 she lost her weakness.

Kayle loses her biggest weakness once she gets 30% cdr.

So yeah, make her ranged by default and give her a new weakness.

Newt

yep

busted

i was 0-0-0 for the first 15 minutes, completed trinity before i saw any action. instant triple kill on roam mid with Q max second. irelia's teamfight is ridiculous with Q max second. the burst is so high
I'm a simple man. If Irelia is killing everyone it's okay.

The "we don't have an adc" from the enemy all chat sustains me.

zkylon

zkylewd
I don't think I ever have E down after I finish Nashor's

edit: disclaimer - my memory of this is probably shit
yeah with some cdr she can get her e on cooldown but point is that her e being her weekness is not really meaningful considering she's not much of a champion without it and having it on cooldown basically means her "weakness" phases out as the game progresses

plus she's very one note, point and click nuke+cc, point and click heal+speed up, resistances shred, all that stuff is not very interesting and lead to fights between kayle and someone else to be very flat.

so yeah, been saying it for a while, turn her e into her passive so that the fun stuff about her is available at all time (she can keep her current passive and have two, after rebalancing), keep the ult as is, keep the q and w as nuke+cc and buff and/or heal but with different spell paradigms (q definitely should be some kind of skillshot, w can remain the same but have some number tweaks), and just give her a new e.

and new art

she's supposed to be an angel, a judge, something like that. make new art that shows what an angel looks like in the league universe and give her a new e that feels angel-y. i really don't have many ideas cos she's so all over the place with her kit

Did they buff the intelligence mastery? I swear it was only 1% before..or was it just a tooltip error then?

As for Kayle, one of the strongest things in her kit is her passive % Shred. So moving her E to her passive lets you gate its strength by making it slowly increase 1-18, and stick her shred as a passive on, I dunno, W or her ultimate or something. Then give her a new skill~ Like a thunderbolt. From Dark Souls 3. You know the one.

Top Bottom