• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

A playtest is probably the only way Ill get to play on a stage like this, but it was fun!

w6di1l2.jpg

killatopak

okay so I just tried out viktor. I didn't know he was so fun to play. I might just go and spam him now.

Edit: What's the best item build for him?

Quonny

Costy can you shed some light on why the Chicago Theatre was chosen as a venue? It's small, it's old, and sure it has history but the Midwest area of the United States gets fucked a lot of the time in regards to esporting events and holding the semifinals in a venue that doesn't even hold 4000 people seems like a bad move.

Costy can you shed some light on why the Chicago Theatre was chosen as a venue? It's small, it's old, and sure it has history but the Midwest area of the United States gets fucked a lot of the time in regards to esporting events and holding the semifinals in a venue that doesn't even hold 4000 people seems like a bad move.

idk, I'm not on the NA esports team

I can try and find out!

zkylon

zkylewd
apparently league took back #1 on pc bangs in korea, might have to do with the overwatch competitive season ending, but it's interesting

honestly it'd be hard to think a game could've fucked up their ranked mode harder than league but man overwatch's ranked was not good lol

okay so I just tried out viktor. I didn't know he was so fun to play. I might just go and spam him now.

Edit: What's the best item build for him?
build can vary quite a bit but your first few backs should always be

1. upgrade core -> e
2. upgrade core -> q
3. cdr boots
(you can swap back 2 and 3)

after that you have a bunch of choices, you can pick abyssal or zhonyas if you need it, or you can go for the rylais right away. rylais is insanely core on him so that's another item you're gonna want to build every game

after that you can look into finishing your core and then getting a lich bane. lich bane is sort of core on him but you can also skip it if getting close enough to auto is insta death for some reason. you can also maybe get the late zhonyas here if there's a rengar in the enemy team or something

you're gonna want to finish your build like any mid with void staff+deathcap so in the end it should look sort of like:

core - boots - rylais - lich bane - void staff - deathcap, replacing lich bane for abyssal/zhonyas/morellos situationally

edit: i just realized i used the word core pretty liberally here but i htink you're smart enough to understand by context lol

Runes could also help.
runes are standard mid:
ap quints
mpen reds
hp/lvl yellows
6 cdr/lvl blues
3 ap/lvl blues

Kenai

Thanks for the inv to the main GAF club Newt. Appreciate it.

Also was not expecting to get my final lvl 7 Morg token winning a 4 v 5, but I'm cool with that. Hopefully that luck will carry over to ranked (it won't)

I had a dream that I was in a doubles match and picked the new Yorick and played that magma doubles match at LCS and then I got picked up by TSM for my great doubles play and then on my private plane home I lost my cellphone and Zune

zkylon

zkylewd
there's a bit of texture play on the zed one too

but yeah, i just generally find it lame that all new chromas are for skins

Thanks. Don't mean to be a complainer but I was super stoked to learn that I could actually go to an LCS playoff match only to go "oh" when the venue was revealed. :(

Here you go sir:

Hey Phillip, location is a major factor. We've seen fans and pros respond poorly to venues located outside major metropolitan areas where some of the bigger Chicago venues are. We're also needing to secure venues earlier and earlier based on the size of our shows, often competing with events that are being booked multiple years in advance. We're taking steps to book venues with more lead time, which opens up more options. But for now, we have to wrestle with very aggressive availability constraints. We're going incredibly lean on our production footprint in the Chicago Theatre and will be opening up another wave of tickets to allow as many fans to watch live as possible.

It at least looks really cool! I'm excited to see it in the flesh :) looks likely I'll be covering all of Worlds live from the shows themselves, which will be awesome. Hopefully I can catch up with some Gaffers either at the events themselves or for some drinks in the cities!

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Here you go sir:

It at least looks really cool! I'm excited to see it in the flesh :) looks likely I'll be covering all of Worlds live from the shows themselves, which will be awesome. Hopefully I can catch up with some Gaffers either at the events themselves or for some drinks in the cities!
If there's more tickets becoming available maybe I should still try to go. I'm terrible at tracking these things though. I understand why pros would want to be in a metropolitan center, but an event somewhere like the Allstate Arena would've been way more accommodating with its location relative to the airport, ease of access, etc. Maybe something like that is not really feasible though.

Kenai

Here you go sir:

This I do understand. Gencon here in Indy for example sets their convention in 5 year blocks, and I am sure they are not the only one.

Speaking of which Costy, if it's possible to put in a good word for the Indiana Convention Center at some point, they have a lot of space. Gencon is the only convention here that takes up the whole thing and that's a ~65,000 person event.

Would definitely encourage you guys to go if you're at all interested. The atmosphere at live League games is pretty awesome. The Polish fans were incredible, especially during the H2K game yesterday.

clemenx

Banned
You know, I never really complain, and it's only a featured game mode so whatever but my team where everyone was going solo just got matched vs a 5-man premade in Hexakill lol.

It was not fun!

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
don't think it's possible to be over 8000 on urgot. Even with cinderhulk and 5 warmogg's + elixir of iron he could only get to around 7500 health.
Trust me he had 8364 by the end of the game. We can duo for nemesis and and stream roll while you check the receipts.

Gurrry

So im still new to LoL (come from dota), but I just went against my first Fiora and good lord she destroyed us. It seemed like she had endless grey life, endless blinks, endless lifesteal.. it was insane.

Ofcourse she got fed super early, but still, if thats how that character can play then I am buying her next.

Quonny

Will they announce when the new wave of tickets will be available? I would go but they sold out within seconds the first time.

zkylon

zkylewd
So im still new to LoL (come from dota), but I just went against my first Fiora and good lord she destroyed us. It seemed like she had endless grey life, endless blinks, endless lifesteal.. it was insane.

Ofcourse she got fed super early, but still, if thats how that character can play then I am buying her next.

fiora can be hard to deal with if she's snowballing, she's pretty tricky cos she can be deceptively "tanky" with the heals from the ult and passive and stuff

exhaust is a really good spell against her when she ults and generally you'll want to pile easy to land cc on her (maokai w, lissandra ult) after baiting her parry

i think she's pretty feast or famine atm? not sure, haven't seen a fiora in what feels like ages

Top Bottom