• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

TheFlow

Banned
it is known that I dislike sona due to never winning a game with her on my team. I see her the same way some people here see yas.

and sona the best solo q support? lol nah son. zyra would be a way better solo q support due to her being able to actually carry, cc, and still poke.

if going ap support do it right with annie/brand/ ect

faridmon

Sona was a good support in high elos since when?

Now everyone know how awesome Sona is.

Nothing but good things have been happening lately.

sona is trash.just build mr

Please leave and never come back

I don't take the likes of you around here very lightly.

Bronze logic.

Sona is one of the best solo q supports atm. She's better AP build with Lichbane rush.

Lichbane is so good on her. Too bad that is the last item i tend to build :(

it is known that I dislike sona due to never winning a game with her on my team. I see her the same way some people here see yas.

and sona the best solo q support? lol nah son. zyra would be a way better solo q support due to her being able to actually carry, cc, and still poke.

if going ap support do it right with annie/brand/ ect

Fact. I climbed out of Bronze playing her only.

She is one of the better Supp in low ELO. Too bad she is useless at high ELO, because her weakness is rather severe.

Luigi87

Demoted back to Silver 2, because my team's Yasuo and Vayne kept arguing with each other -_- (Yas lost his tower at 8 minutes to Morg, because he went bot and didn't go back to Mid until after it was gone...)
I was actually having a really good game (ended 12/2/6), but my getting fed couldn't top both a fed Morg and Jinx whom their team peeled for.

It bugs me as it was such a winnable game if they would have just cooperated.

Edit: and just had a horrible loss... oh god.

faridmon

oh man you know it. but her snare feels like the longest in the game. the only thing worse is a blitz hook followed by his w/R combo.

Yeah she is strong when I end up having a good game with her since her Stun is long, She is an amazing champ with so much utility, but as someone who sucks at skillshot, she is a hit and miss for me. sometimes, i am amazing at her, sometimes I suck.

TheFlow

Banned
Yeah she is strong when I end up having a good game with her since her Stun is long, She is an amazing champ with so much utility, but as someone who sucks at skillshot, she is a hit and miss for me. sometimes, i am amazing at her, sometimes I suck.

word, I like to play more mid nowadays.

drawkcaB

Ekko's jungle clearing still seems fine to me. I don't think "tank" Ekko will ever go away. His kit practically demands you go tanky to get everything out of it. There's stuff Riot could do to mitigate that but it's well beyond the scope of trading base damage for AP ratios.

Oh, and I caved and bought Overwatch. So far I like the "guru" support (Zenyatta?) and the burly tank lady. I'll start adding peeps to my friends list soonish.

If you're having fun with her that's great. Skillshots can be really fun though. :)

I honestly feel that Sona and Fiddle have the anxiety addled ults in the game. There's the mild panic of 'what if I miss' as your finger hangs over R followed by the ridiculous SFX on either or.

There is nothing more tilt than charging your Crowstorm and knowing you've missed the boat or your Sona R falls just short and everyone knows it.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Ekko's jungle clearing still seems fine to me. I don't think "tank" Ekko will ever go away. His kit practically demands you go tanky to get everything out of it. There's stuff Riot could do to mitigate that but it's well beyond the scope of trading base damage for AP ratios.

Oh, and I caved and bought Overwatch. So far I like the "guru" support (Zenyatta?) and the burly tank lady. I'll start adding peeps to my friends list soonish.
Idk, jungle ekko still works well in terms of ganks, mobility, utility, bruiser/tankiness, etc., but the 5s lock out on his passive really hurts his clear speed, I like it for balancing out tank ekko and it doesn't hurt ap ekko that much, but I wish they reduced the cd vs monsters to ease his clears again

drawkcaB

The passive change might actually be worse for AP Ekko. It holds 0.8 of his damage oriented AP ratios and they increased the static CD of it by 66%.

Champion.gg, op.gg, leagueofgraphs.com all show the same trend: his AP heavy builds have gotten worse relative to his tankier builds.

Ocara

I honestly feel that Sona and Fiddle have the anxiety addled ults in the game. There's the mild panic of 'what if I miss' as your finger hangs over R followed by the ridiculous SFX on either or.

There is nothing more tilt than charging your Crowstorm and knowing you've missed the boat or your Sona R falls just short and everyone knows it.

That's just self-tilt. My wife gets really anxious over missing a skill and everyone dogpiling on her for it but honestly usually nobody says anything or even notices. If you're doing fine otherwise one or two flubbed ults won't matter anyway, thats how I look at it. I tend to never even read chat cause nobody ever has anything useful to say, just endless excuses for bad plays or toxic garbage. Helps avoid worry about messing up (if other people are the issue anyway), and the lack of that anxiety will make you play better.

On another note, looking forward to mastery levels on ARAM, even though all I get out of chests are champion shards. The last 6-7 chests have been champion shards and nothing else. Game modes have been a fun change of pace too! I ended up getting level 5 on maokai just from spamming him in various gamemodes since he's good in almost everything.

sdfdsfojsja.png

Better than free LP.

Leezard

It does indeed feel bad to miss them.

Luigi87

Silver 2 - 39 LP... it just keeps falling!

Hard to believe I was one win away from gold promos two days ago, lol

zkylon

zkylewd

cool, let's play together

i suck at zeny and don't like him very much but zarya is pretty dope

Luigi87

Ban Irelia will you?
Then I'll just take Zyra top, tyvm.

Was against an Udyr top of all things.
He didn't stand a chance.

zkylon

zkylewd
really good riot post about the state and the near future of the game (the game itself, not dynamic queue): http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/gameplay/state-season-mid-season-followup

they don't get into everything, i think syndra rework was kind of garbage and i think considering new malzahar "healthy" is kind of a joke but i think it's really appreciated to see like the milestones for each patch and the direct communication of how riot feels about the game. also i really appreciate how to the point it is and how little fluff there is in it

i think this type of blog post is perfect. even if you don't agree with all of it you can at least have a conversation with riot now that you know what they're thinking.

Had 4 ranked games today, won 2 of them. Seems like Vel is my good luck charm.

The mindset people have on mid lane just confuses me. For example, Assassins are taken mid to feed on/ counter Midlane mages ... making it hard to first pick a midlane mage IMO unless it's something like Malz or Swain. Cause even though they're at a disadvantage it all works in their favor as long as they can hold out for their power spike that allows them to delete a mage/ adc. Many of them need to get fed to be of any use. Many of them are AD, leaving the "AP mage" slot to be filled else where if at all. But that's tots cool it seems, I mean .. you don't wanna take em top to deal with tanks and bruisers right?

But then you have Galio and Cho, 2 Midlane tanks who specialize in countering either mages or assassins. I'm not sure how that's A-OK but then I get side eyed when I pick Sion Mid to shut down an assassin. I try to not pull Sion Mid out if we have a tank top (rare for w/e reason, people like using DMG carry tops or split push tops) but if I see we have no front line engage, a mid laner mage champ masquerading as a "support" and I feel like the enemy might pick an assassin based on the bans then I whip out that Sion. Unlike other tanks he has good range and mobility that allows him to gank other lanes ... I like that.

Guess I mean that ... I don't get why more tanky champs aren't played mid to counter/ shut down assassins. Top and support have the option to hold down the AP dmg for the team but mid seems to be seen as the mage or assassin lane which is kinda shitty for people who don't play assassins. Playing a mage vs a mage is far more fun and engaging to me then going mage vs an assassin. I've played some mages vs the likes of Fizz ... doesn't matter how hard I bully him or force him to farm under tower, doesn't matter if I'm twice his CS. Once he hits level 6 he can eat me up and stroll away unless I rush a ZHG. That's pretty much the story with that class in lane.

So yeah, I play Sion mid to shit on assassins when my comp has room for it and sometimes to trick the enemy top into trying to counter pick me with a non-tank :)

zkylon

zkylewd
i really hate the riot forums, they have the same stupid region restrictions as the actual game so unless you're in na you can't ever talk to developers

you can't even create an account for that cos you need to be lvl 12 to post (and i don't wanna grind shitty lvl1 games on 200 ping to tell meddler that the syndra rework was stupid)

the region crap in league is the absolute worst

now that's something you can very easily compare to overwatch and be like, yeah, league is shit at this super basic thing that every other game has

Calvero

Banned
i really hate the riot forums, they have the same stupid region restrictions as the actual game so unless you're in na you can't ever talk to developers

you can't even create an account for that cos you need to be lvl 12 to post

now that's something you can very easily compare to overwatch and be like, yeah, league is shit at this super basic thing that every other game has

wtf? that's pretty dumb

you can't even create an account for that cos you need to be lvl 12 to post (and i don't wanna grind shitty lvl1 games on 200 ping to tell meddler that the syndra rework was stupid)

grind on bot games

WTF? I've seen posts from EUW accounts on NA's forum. Is this a new thing?

patchday

Just read that developer blog link Zyklon posted. I lol'ed at this part bout Taliyah
She seems to be doing the desired sort of things, although it also looks like she’s a bit underpowered on average. Her performance when played by people with a lot of experience on her is pretty reasonable, however. We’re going with two sets of small buffs as a result, checking between each to make sure we’re not overdoing it.

At least they are aware of her performance. Guess it can be tough tweaking

Patch 6.12: Champion Mastery on both Howling Abyss and Twisted Treeline.

Nice! I always thought it was bizzare these modes didn't grant any champ mastery

Alright back to Overwatch lol

Top Bottom