• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

Neol

Got into the alpha client.

Sucks that you can't go to the store or play ranked but it looks good so far.

Luigi87

My jungler picks Malphite
I pick Irelia top

He builds AP (Including Runic), and tells me to build Tank.

Rest of team is Zilean mid, Caitlyn, and Karma support.

Malphite: "We need a tank"

-_-

I think I'm gonna start maining Yasuo again.

50-Cent-Laughing-and-Driving-Away.gif

Luigi87

My jungler picks Malphite
I pick Irelia top

He builds AP (Including Runic), and tells me to build Tank.

Rest of team is Zilean mid, Caitlyn, and Karma support.

Malphite: "We need a tank"

-_-
Welp lost that.

Malphite rushed a Thornmail after his early AP items.
... He had no health items.

I'm 1 game away from being able to buy a 4K champ ....

Wanna try a new Mid. Thinking it's between Ziggs, Viktor, Varus and MF (Yup, Imma take her mid ... just a matter of when).

Of them I know I like Ziggs but Viktor looks soo smooooth and interesting. Hear he's really strong. Also want Varus but I'm afraid if I like him too much I'll feel like I have to buy that new shiny Darkstar skin and I have spend too much on this game recently. :/

TheFlow

Banned
I'm 1 game away from being able to buy a 4K champ ....

Wanna try a new Mid. Thinking it's between Ziggs, Viktor, Varus and MF (Yup, Imma take her mid ... just a matter of when).

Of them I know I like Ziggs but Viktor looks soo smooooth and interesting. Hear he's really strong. Also want Varus but I'm afraid if I like him too much I'll feel like I have to buy that new shiny Darkstar skin and I have spend too much on this game recently. :/

ziggs is pretty good right now. but mf might be a better buy

-League when playing Rengar= fun

-League when playing Rengar and someone in all chat is complaining about dying to me= priceless

-League when playing anything else= alright

-League when there is a Yasuo on the enemy team= stupid AF

-League when there is a Yasuo on my team= "I wish this stupid laptop would die on me."

Xeilyn

So whats the deal with all the Yasuo hate? Whenever i have one on my team or enemy team they completely dominate and get like 20+ kills, granted ive only played normals but still.

Is it because alot of kids play him since he looks "cool" and they wanna carry?

Leezard

So whats the deal with all the Yasuo hate? Whenever i have one on my team or enemy team they completely dominate and get like 20+ kills, granted ive only played normals but still.

There are a lot of people who think they can get 20+ kills and dominate, but just feed, tilt and rage instead. A bad Yasuo is really useless, much more so than say a bad Morgana.

Because he has a high skill floor and most people that play him think they are good enough with him but feed out of their asses.

He's the only champion in the game that makes me go into the match thinking that I'm at a disadvantage if he's on my team, yet I always get a little worried when I see one on the enemy team.

Yasuo is Lux's ult in champion form.

Xeilyn

There are a lot of people who think they can get 20+ kills and dominate, but just feed, tilt and rage instead. A bad Yasuo is really useless, much more so than say a bad Morgana.

Because he has a high skill floor and most people that play him think they are good enough with him but feed out of their asses.

He's the only champion in the game that makes me go into the match thinking that I'm at a disadvantage if he's on my team, yet I always get a little worried when I see one on the enemy team.

Yasuo is Lux's ult in champion form.
Haha thanks guys, makes alot of sense i guess. I have him unlocked via a bundle but only tried him once in aram and he seemed really hard, dont think i'll ever try to learn him tbh

Since ranks are based on the average player base, does that mean that it'll be easier to get a higher rank if I play a champ that nobody touches?

Leezard

Since ranks are based on the average player base, does that mean that it'll be easier to get a higher rank if I play a champ that nobody touches?

Not necessarily. The only ones that play that champ might main that champ and thus have really good average scores.

If League was never fun you would never play it more than once.

Video is stupid.

League isn't fun anymore because you've been playing the same thing for 4+ years. A new job can be fun while you're learning the ropes, meeting people, etc. Then it gets to be work. That doesn't mean it was never fun.

So what you're saying

Is that Riot should be paying us to play their game

So regarding skys video, Newt how much dick have you gotten? lol. What a weird video..

Edit-"This game takes too fucking long and I get too fucking mad.."

I think HotS was on to something. incoming exodus to overwatch/hots?

zkylon

zkylewd
overwatch is awesome but it's a very different beast. it's kinda like tf2 or call of duty, you can take it seriously but by design it's just a lower stakes game. dying in overwatch doesn't hold the same impact as it does in league, games only take 10 minutes, you can switch your champions out so you can fix things in the fly, there's few elements of "in-match progression" so snowballing isn't as big a thing and games can always be turned around in one big play, etc.

that's all cool and i feel like it'll also be an interesting competitive game to watch (tho i don't think i care much for spectator experience in fps games?) because there's definitely depth in it and there's foundations for it to become something that gets constantly reinvented and built upon like league

BUT

there's a reason why league has none of those things. league is a high risk high reward kind of game. you risk it all for the high of winning and that's a big part of what makes it great, both the methodical dismantling of an enemy team off an early lead as the impossible comeback 40 minutes in, it's just excilarating sometimes because if you fuck up it's all gone. the highs of league are just a product of the tension that comes from the game being always on a knife's edge. ofc some games are just stupid easy and passively clearing waves for 15 minutes midlane is not the most exciting shit ever but u know, all games have their issues.

and honestly i find all this overwatch talk pretty exciting for league. hey, ppl are now saying hots was onto something lol? league has been the top dog for way too long and it'll be good for riot if someone comes along and makes em sweat a little bit. they're totally different games and the overwatch exodus is kind of a dream in reddit dumbos' heads but a little bit of competition ain't so bad

Xeilyn

I dont really understand why so many are comparing the two games, i guess its inevitable with Overwatch being the new hotness but as you say they are just so different. I mean its not like going from Lol to Dota, you are not "switching" from Lol to Overwatch. You are just tired of playing Lol and want to play this new shiny thing that everyone is talking about.

I think Overwatch is rather fun but i honestly think its a bit overrated. Its a very charming game with great design and very interesting characters but the gunplay is really unsatisfying and after awhile every match starts to feel the same. After they add some more gamemodes and and tweak the gunplay i might change my mind though

EDIT: Oh and yeah, Illaoi hype, hope she gets a cool skin soon so i can play her.

How good is Illaoi btw? Played her in aram awhile back and thought she was really cool

Nekofrog

Banned
of all the academy skins, ekko's is the best. the color scheme on it (earth tone green/white) is fantastic. easily one of the best cheap skins in the game.

Talents

Banned
of all the academy skins, ekko's is the best. the color scheme on it (earth tone green/white) is fantastic. easily one of the best cheap skins in the game.

Yeah it's definitely my favourite cheap skin. Was an instabuy when it came out for me.

Had 4 ranked games today, won 2 of them. Seems like Vel is my good luck charm.
Yep, was on an on and off streak with xerath. Switched to vel, won last 4 of 5 ranked games. With the one loss being cuz of enemy raka wn my team had tahm/noc/morg building tank with me and vayne only damage. Vel just so smooth and easy going.

really good riot post about the state and the near future of the game (the game itself, not dynamic queue): http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/gameplay/state-season-mid-season-followup
Havent read it all but skimmed some. They are on the mark about Vel. Think he will be ok again if they just revert the ult to applying it every .5s. Either they goin in the right direction.

Wonder what the Ap+20% item could be? Maybe something with pen or damage for when you don't feel you need the grievous wounds passive?

------------

Also, idk what it is, but seeing enemy Zac's tilts me. I hate that champ. Think I've lost like 90% of the matches I've had against him.

Nekofrog

Banned
Yeah it's definitely my favourite cheap skin. Was an instabuy when it came out for me.

i don't even play ekko, but when i'm in a game that has one on my team or on the enemy team i always enjoy just seeing it. visually it looks really neat to me, moreso than a lot of expensive skins. goes to show what a solid color scheme can do for things

patchday

Yeah I admit I feel this video cause I've had a love/hate relationship with League. I love so many things about it I just cant name them all (Heroes, Lore, LCS!!!, etc) but I hate it is so freakin' time consuming (long matches etc). Even though I was on a serious winning streak in ranked & URF I just felt that I really don't want to dedicate the time.

Was really hoping Riot would focus on quicker games at least for Weekend Warrior modes.

zkylon

zkylewd
I dont really understand why so many are comparing the two games, i guess its inevitable with Overwatch being the new hotness but as you say they are just so different. I mean its not like going from Lol to Dota, you are not "switching" from Lol to Overwatch. You are just tired of playing Lol and want to play this new shiny thing that everyone is talking about.
yeah, basically, but you can't ignore there's a lot of overlap between audiences, the moba inspired designs and the colorful cast of characters and the waifus and whatnot

it's also kind of a very natural switch, i think of tracer as an assassin and of d.va as a flanker and mei is like a cc bot. it's very easy to wrap ur head around combos, counters, ults, composition, etc.

that doesn't mean both games do the same, but i gotta say overwatch is hitting a lot of the notes i like from league and it's new and shiny and i can play it for like 20 minutes and go back to my life which is very nice and also i can play it with a shit ton more friends because i can play it with ppl not from my region

I think Overwatch is rather fun but i honestly think its a bit overrated. Its a very charming game with great design and very interesting characters but the gunplay is really unsatisfying and after awhile every match starts to feel the same. After they add some more gamemodes and and tweak the gunplay i might change my mind though
ehh i don't know about gamemodes, i think the game's pretty fun as it is. i'm interested in seeing more champions and tweaks to the current champions most of all

Havent read it all but skimmed some. They are on the mark about Vel. Think he will be ok again if they just revert the ult to applying it every .5s. Either they goin in the right direction.
yeah i think it's a good change for velkoz since his ult being mostly a single target thing felt really off

but then again that's what it did before so i'm not sure what exactly did the rework accomplish then...

Wonder what the Ap+20% item could be? Maybe something with pen or damage for when you don't feel you need the grievous wounds passive?
problem with morellos and a new 20% item is that mids don't really care about the grievous wounds stuff. it's like nice when you're against swain or soraka and you might buy it on a champion you normally wouldn't if you are against one of them, but it's not the reason the item is bought

so if you create another 20% cdr + mp5 + ap item with a passive that benefits you in a more broad situation then you'll just switch to that for like almost every game

i think i would just remove grievous wounds from morellos and make another item to compete with it with new passives for both. grievous wounds would be nice to be had maybe on a nlr item because it's not such a great laning passive imo (since it doesn't kill sustain since you need to be <40% hp for gw to kick in), and even after that it's kind of wonky. like i would love to see the stats on how effective morellos is at countering swains and sorakas and vladimirs and whatnot on like an actual game, because the <40% hp thing always made it sound to me like it didn't really do much

yea i agree, it's pretty good. i like vlad too

ew

I did the reroll 3 skin shards thing

got academy ahri
nice, buy it

she has a backpack on that skin

Newt

The thing about overwatch and tf etc is that they're kinda self fulfilling games. You aren't as penalized for playing poorly.

JulianImp

Tried Karma out against bots and I think I kind of like her. Any recommended build paths and runes I should be using on her?

Today was the first time I played normals in quite a while, and I ended up getting paired up with a 1/7/2 jungle Mundo that didn't help at all while their jungle Yi ended up going 10/2/4 and doubling Mundo's jungle cs. The rest of the team was decent, but not having a good jungler while Yi slowly snowballed into an unstoppable monstrosity really hurt.

I only wish I wouldn't have spaced out when Kalista ulted for me though, since I ended up getting her killed due to taking too long to notice and try to use her ult.

On who tho

My question exactly lol!

The only Tear champ that I forgo going tear on now is Karthus. It's only really possible if you're in a farm lane and/ or your team is doing well enuff early. But against a Mord who mindlessly pushes in waves and harasses you under tower or pretty much any assassin who can eat you at their power spike? Nope, go RoA and then start stacking AP or get a ZHG :/

Even more so when you're team isn't doing too hot. I mean, It's just amazing for late game but getting there isn't guaranteed and by the time you get there it might be too late. I mean, after hitting a good power spike with the Tear+RoA fully stacked I've gotten a suicide 3 man kill ... in base ... with all inhibs down ... and the ADC can't do shit because they're 1/7 and gets blown up the second someone looks at them funny.

TheFlow

Banned
watchign your teammates chase and roam by themselves every game gets old.

if you are adc/mid why are you face checking every non warded brush

Luigi87

When one of your teammates who kept getting caught (and ultimately lost you the game) tries to spin it and say you're the reason they lost 'cause your lane opponent has a substantial cs lead, but your teammates don't buy into it.
That feels good at least.

(also said person was a Morg support who had no sightstone, which also cost us Baron... and then trying to contest it, Morg went in and used Zhonya's... without ult'ing)

TheFlow

Banned
When one of your teammates who kept getting caught (and ultimately lost you the game) tries to spin it and say you're the reason they lost 'cause your lane opponent has a substantial cs lead, but your teammates don't buy into it.
That feels good at least.

(also said person was a Morg support who had no sightstone, which also cost us Baron... and then trying to contest it, Morg went in and used Zhonya's... without ult'ing)

league is the most toxic game u will play.

Top Bottom