• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT13| Diamond is Unreachable

Oscar

Sweet, gonna get his Soulstealer skin and put in some reps with him then.

I'm still fairly new to the game, only lvl 14. Been OTP'ing Darius top but I'll expand my game with Vlad Mid.

Talents

Banned
Sweet, gonna get his Soulstealer skin and put in some reps with him then.

I'm still fairly new to the game, only lvl 14. Been OTP'ing Darius top but I'll expand my game with Vlad Mid.

The general build on him is Hextech Protobelt > Defensive mage item (abyssal if needed, if you don't need abyssal go Zhonyas) > Void if they have MR/Rabadons if not. Fit either Lucidity boots or Merc Treads if they have a large amount of cc somewhere in the build.

zkylon

zkylewd
How's Vlad Mid?

Got him from loot, not sure how viable he is atm.
he feels kind of really strong to me, with ignite and protobelt there's very little counterplay to his lvl 6 combo and it's really hard to push him away from lane once he has that and he'll only get stronger with spirit visage and other items

but i find vlad very boring so i wouldn't really recommend playing him

Compared to prior class update reworks I'd probably agree, but then you have the Sej and Zac reworks included with his. They got some pretty hefty changes in their kits along with lots of new animations, effects, etc. Their reworks are a tier below full-on VGUs.

Tried out Maokai again after his most recent PBE patch changes and he feels better to play now but the criticisms still apply. One thing I did notice was that his bursh powered saplings will target and stick to the largest monster in the jungle camp, which is a nice touch to avoid it sticking to lesser monsters. The mana cost is also much lower so it can be liberally used in the jungle. Overall, I'd guess that between this rework and the change to Cinderhulk's passive he'll be in a better spot as a jungler.
i think their priority might have been adding some stuff to make him balanceable and maybe he'll get another rework sometime down the line

check the pbe changes tho, w is back to normal speed and other stuff

zkylon

zkylewd
miss_fortune___youtube__by_rossdraws-db6k1uo.jpg

mf is like top 5 my favorite designs in the game

Ferga

Played a game on OCE last night and just wtfed at all the new champions jumping around and the never ending splitting up of golems in the jungle. When did talon start jumping over walls with no cooldown?

And why is a champion throwing brushes at me mid gank? So many questions.

drawkcaB

I'd be great to meet one competent Ez at my level whenever I support. It's my white whale as a support.

Played a game on OCE last night and just wtfed at all the new champions jumping around and the never ending splitting up of golems in the jungle. When did talon start jumping over walls with no cooldown?

The guy throwing bushes is named Ivern and he's a gigantic prick.

I love playing Ivern.

Newt

Oh nice, I didn't think gaf's inhouse games would actually be that tryhard.
GAF inhouse games are very tryhard and full of salt.

Also, lots of players pull bans.

Ghost (GP, Lulu)
Talents (Fizz)
Me (Draven, Ashe)
Envelaap (Lee Sin)
Breakfast (Rengar)
Zky (LeBlenk)
Beastrage (Koggy, Vel'Koz)
Akinue (Xerath)
Dob (Cho'Gath)
Repgnar (Blitz)
Fallen (Illaoi)
Type2 (Brand)
Panda (Zyra)
Tom (Renekton)

Too many one tricks on GAF.

https://discord.gg/sr7UWRE

zkylon

zkylewd
i don't think i've ever gotten my leblanc banned here

i wanna show off my taliyah so that can draw bans :>

maybe my sick quinn skills

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
So how am I supposed to go about using Yorick early game? I get I gotta use my Q for farming etc but I run out of mana real quick :X
Don't use the other abilities very much. Don't always make graves if you have undead up. It can be pretty limiting.

Dobkeratops

OT Hard Carry

Ghost (GP, Lulu)
Talents (Fizz)
Me (Draven, Ashe)
Envelaap (Lee Sin)
Breakfast (Rengar)
Zky (LeBlenk)
Akinue (Xerath)
Dob (Cho'Gath)
Repgnar (Blitz)
Fallen (Illaoi)
Type2 (Brand)
Panda (Zyra)
Tom (Renekton)

I remember being target banned a couple times, that was a funny waste of a ban because I always ended up playing support/jungle anyways my viable midlane champ pool is actually rather big.

Ever

Banned
P0qwmME.png

Who you calling a one trick xd

Besides, having a small pool is the fastest way to climb

I could play 1000 renekton games and never get bored, he does so much

JulianImp

So how am I supposed to go about using Yorick early game? I get I gotta use my Q for farming etc but I run out of mana real quick :X

You should try to set up a fast level 2 harass with ghouls and e, but other than that you shouldn't be spamming spells. Corrupting potion start helps a lot, and remember that Q is better when you're missing health and/or need to reach at least three graves to raise your ghouls.

Then there's the issue that raising ghouls without landing your E will push the wave, which is good to unfreeze or when your opponent was forced to back while tp is on cooldown, but is bad in most other situations. You can try raising ghouls after you land your e, but that's also sort of risky since they'll take longer to begin attacking your enemy.

Nekofrog

Banned

the period of time between when you left and came back is probably the worst i can imagine for new things. there's so much different about the game that its daunting

Type2

Ghost (GP, Lulu)
Talents (Fizz)
Me (Draven, Ashe)
Envelaap (Lee Sin)
Breakfast (Rengar)
Zky (LeBlenk)
Akinue (Xerath)
Dob (Cho'Gath)
Repgnar (Blitz)
Fallen (Illaoi)
Type2 (Brand)
Panda (Zyra)
Tom (Renekton)

https://discord.gg/sr7UWRE
I play every support available to a good level other than tahm kench and I also have stupid shit nobody plays that I use for counter picks.
Just cause I'm comfortable enough with brand into any matchup doesn't mean I'm a one trick.

Edit: then there is a matter of fun. Do I want to play a shield bot when I'm not scraping elo? Nah I'd rather kill my lane.
I don't think thresh or blitz are particularly good right now but I'd much rather play them over almost all of the lcs picks in order to have fun.

Newt

I play every support available to a good level other than tahm kench and I also have stupid shit nobody plays that I use for counter picks.
Just cause I'm comfortable enough with brand into any matchup doesn't mean I'm a one trick.

Edit: then there is a matter of fun. Do I want to play a shield bot when I'm not scraping elo? Nah I'd rather kill my lane.
I don't think thresh or blitz are particularly good right now but I'd much rather play them over almost all of the lcs picks in order to have fun.
Nah not everyone on that list is one trick. Those are just the target bans lol.

Type2

Nah not everyone on that list is one trick. Those are just the target bans lol.
After rereading it and not focusing on the statement I see what you mean.
It is funny how inhouse bans are their own meta where a few bans can drop a team down divisions.

being a one trick sounds very boring.

It is for some.

That's why in an effort to learn champs other than Illaoi and Sion I tilted my way allllll the way down to Wood 5. Now I'm free to start over playing w/e I want :D ... :')

Maybe I can become good at Fizz in this life. Or maybe get good with something like Movement Speed Darius! Hell, I might even play Kled ..

Kenai

i would play my other champs but janna sona karma are boring as fuck.

I can understand Janna and Sona but Karma? I love zoom-zooming with her shield and poking weith the beams while she screams "DIET NOT LITTLE THING" and "I SAW A SALAD COULDN'T BE" at my lane opponents*

*She probably doesn't say this but I don't speak Ionian and they could be cognates, you never know

JulianImp

I can understand Janna and Sona but Karma? I love zoom-zooming with her shield and poking weith the beams while she screams "DIET NOT LITTLE THING" and "I SAW A SALAD COULDN'T BE" at my lane opponents*

*She probably doesn't say this but I don't speak Ionian and they could be cognates, you never know

Mondegreens are the best. To this day, one of latin Garen's lines as he ults sounds like "por la granja" ("for the farm", with farm used as a noun) to me.

Top Bottom