• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT13| Diamond is Unreachable

JulianImp

So far, I've noticed items with actives are amazing, and sheen effects also work well since you're probably going to be spamming skills anyway. It's actually quite easy to kill people even through minion waves since you don't draw aggro by landing most abilities.

My favorite champs so far have been Zyra and Karthus, and least favorite would probably be Twisted Fate and Janna.

zkylon

zkylewd
cRb7H6b.png

the key drop stuff is real weird lol

i don't get it

I wish I was adept at video footage, because I played against a Gnar who made one of the worst plays I've ever seen a couple of games ago. He's poking me down under tower a bit, but I'm still at 70% (Rumble). He transforms, then walks under tower a bit, whiffs his ult completely, draws aggro with his Q, then hops straight on top of me before trying to flash out and dying. I didn't even go below 30% HP and I had shield and flash. A boosted animal in the wild if ever I saw one.

you can just record it with the replay system, it saves in a webm you can just throw on youtube

Leezard

They could at least have put in more effort. Ardent censer has in no way dominated the game for half a year. It's more like the last month or two, if you're generous. It wasn't that long ago that Locket + Redemption dominated among the support items, or even just Locket for years before that.
I don't think the other two points are particularly true either and assassins are not bad. I don't know what game the image makers are playing.

Reivaxe

Am I the only one who thinks it's bull shit that Twitch can basically 3 shot a full build tank late game?

Part of why I don't wanna play tanks ... too many DPS champs seem balanced around the idea of "welp, pop em when you see em" as they do ugly amounts of DMG late game.

Anyway, characters I wanna try to get gud with ....

Top- Cane, WW, Ekko (Maybe Gnar?)
Mid- Ekko, Kat, Ahri.

Leezard

Am I the only one who thinks it's bull shit that Twitch can basically 3 shot a full build tank late game?

Part of why I don't wanna play tanks ... too many DPS champs seem balanced around the idea of "welp, pop em when you see em" as they do ugly amounts of DMG late game.

Anyway, characters I wanna try to get gud with ....

Top- Cane, WW, Ekko (Maybe Gnar?)
Mid- Ekko, Kat, Ahri.

Twitch is never 3-shotting a full build tank late game if by 3-shotting you mean 3 autos, but I agree that Twitch is really strong right now and easy to play. I ban him if someone else bans Janna.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Jarvan IV feels real good. I feel like I've found champs I like in roles I like:

T: Jarvan IV / Kayle
M: Ahri
S: Janna / Taric

Still want to try these out as I own them and they look interesting:
M: Ekko
B: Jinx
S: Soraka

tips / thoughts for those champs?

Still want to try these out as I own them and they look interesting:
M: Ekko - extremely strong once you get how his combo and damage output works.
B: Jinx - very slow-ramping ADC. loses early game but if you make it to 4 items you may carry.
S: Soraka - cancer.

tips / thoughts for those champs?
]

Artdayne

I'm not that good on Ekko but from my understanding you want to initiate with E, auto, Q, auto, W, auto something like that.

E is a dash so it will cover ground quickly, and then by pressing Q after an auto you will slow them and you should also be able to guarantee both hits of his Q hit the enemy. Then putting your W down, with the enemy slowed you should be able to stun them inside of it . Of course you want to be sure to get three autos in so that you take advantage of Ekko's passive. You can also catch people by surprise by putting your W down while in the brush and the enemy won't be able to see it until the stun pops and you can unload free damage at that time.

AR Urf mode is by far my favourite game mode right now. Really really fun, dont miss at all right now playing ranked. Even though some champs become broken in Urf mode such as Xin, Eve, Mr Yi even more etc it is good fun for the most part.

drawkcaB

I hope Riot has plans for Ivern post Arsent nerfs.

Who am I kidding, I won't be able to play him for years. Even now his play rate is in the gutter.

Okay, so I've taken my first steps into the world of uploading videos. Rather than go back to find that dumb Gnar I decided to do some from more recent games.

Here's a TP countergank. I love the pings for help that can't get answered because the jungler is dead and the top laner has no TP. Well, Brand comes down and gets a kill on my jungler.

Here's a fun solo kill on Renekton from earlier in the game for first blood. His flash had been blown by the jungler and he'd recently used E without its reset which has a long (18 sec) CD at level 1 so I knew he couldn't run.

And here's a massive late game teamfight in a game where my team had been way behind all game. We almost won it! Jinx's AoE crits did us in (the interaction with Runaan's Hurricane is broken, as Zirene explains here), but check out the random Trist jump in and ineffective Ori and Sej ults.

Newt

Okay, so I've taken my first steps into the world of uploading videos. Rather than go back to find that dumb Gnar I decided to do some from more recent games.

Here's a TP countergank. I love the pings for help that can't get answered because the jungler is dead and the top laner has no TP. Well, Brand comes down and gets a kill on my jungler.

Here's a fun solo kill on Renekton from earlier in the game for first blood. His flash had been blown by the jungler and he'd recently used E without its reset which has a long (18 sec) CD at level 1 so I knew he couldn't run.

And here's a massive late game teamfight in a game where my team had been way behind all game. We almost won it! Jinx's AoE crits did us in (the interaction with Runaan's Hurricane is broken, as Zirene explains here), but check out the random Trist jump in and ineffective Ori and Sej ults.
In your last clip Trist sees 4 people running towards her general direction, and literally rocket jumps inside their team then flashes out...

What elo is this. I want to say this is low elo, but something in my gut tells me this isn't and that's just normal Trist behaviour.

I'm in Gold elo. I'm sure it's identifably different to Bronze but sometimes it really doesn't feel that way. Here's a clip from my last match of a level 10 AP Cho trying to assassinate a level 9 Jinx from as she walks past his bush. And here's how not to force a 4v5 teamfight when Shaco is splitpushing. Well, they killed Jinx, but it didn't go so well after that. This was the teamfight that broke the game open, where I got an unofficial quadra. There was another fight later in the game where Jinx was also instagibbed at the start and they lost it anyway. With a fed enemy Lux and triple AP on the enemy team neither Taliyah nor Jinx saw the need for any MR.

Newt

Yeah if I was to see something like what that Trist did, I would probably just leave the game.

I'll fight for a cause, I won't die for one.

Ekko is absolutely infuriating to play against in the right hands, but he takes a lot of practice. I notice that most times when an Ekko carries one of my games they play a lot of him. He's a typical "modern League" champion - lots of moving parts, mobility out the wazoo, high mastery curve, lot of burst damage, can fall flat on his face. You have to have good spatial awareness and anticipation to get good value out of his W and R - i.e. predict how and where fights will develop in advance.

Ekko is absolutely infuriating to play against in the right hands, but he takes a lot of practice. I notice that most times when an Ekko carries one of my games they play a lot of him. He's a typical "modern League" champion - lots of moving parts, mobility out the wazoo, high mastery curve, lot of burst damage, can fall flat on his face. You have to have good spatial awareness and anticipation to get good value out of his W and R - i.e. predict how and where fights will develop in advance.
I don't even think its the burst and mobility. It's the unnecessary sustain and regen he has which makes him infuriating to play against.

Yeah, I like how he has a shield and a heal. A bit like Yasuo getting a free shield to make chipping him down very hard. Don't like those kinds of design decisions - laning as a high damage, hyper mobile carry should be more difficult than on other champions.

pigeon

Banned
Yeah, I like how he has a shield and a heal. A bit like Yasuo getting a free shield to make chipping him down very hard. Don't like those kinds of design decisions - laning as a high damage, hyper mobile carry should be more difficult than on other champions.

It is more difficult. Other champions get range! Which is generally a much more effective free shield.

So got enough tickets during this event do buy a Mega Orb, what i got was only an amumu skin shard. For not prom king amumu, fitting skin shard for that crap in a 150 tickets mega orb...

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Soraka is so dope, but I hate her hooves.

Can't wait for SG skin, that obscures them a little.

And +1 bummer for not having black hair on MF SG skin. Need dat Mars.

zkylon

zkylewd

new rune, you right click on an ally and if they receive dmg in a short period of time they get a shield and you get a shield

article spends a while talking about accidental right clicks, which is honestly my biggest issue with plants

i feel it happens to me like 10x times than everyone else, i've died a lot of times cos i accidentally attacked a plant instead of running, it's the worst

i wish u triggered plants with left click, that'd be so much easier

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
new rune, you right click on an ally and if they receive dmg in a short period of time they get a shield and you get a shield

article spends a while talking about accidental right clicks, which is honestly my biggest issue with plants

i feel it happens to me like 10x times than everyone else, i've died a lot of times cos i accidentally attacked a plant instead of running, it's the worst

i wish u triggered plants with left click, that'd be so much easier
Very negative impression of this rune but I guess they say they are going to keep working on it...so I dunno what to say. I was hoping to avoid active bloat for support targeted runes, even if it comes through just clicking on an ally. There are already multiple types of shielding available through active items that tanks can purchase, and stuff like this just feels disruptive to champion kits in a bad way. People can already get very confused about the defensive order of operations when you get late in games on supports, and this just seems to throw a wrench in that even further. Like when I watch the preview it's just like....how should Braum defend his ally here? He already has the W jump and E shield. Should he really be looking to click on his allies just for extra shielding? It seems like a needless step.

drawkcaB

Mark an ally, mark application goes on a CD (see Knight's Vow). Whenever you land a CC ability and you're near your ally, you an the ally get a shield, shield then goes on CD.

And done.

JulianImp

Are the orbs worth spending tickets on?

I got 200 tickets by doing all free quests, which was enough for me to get the icon and a non-legacy orb. Guess you could always do that, since you can get all achievements even on bot games, making them trivial (but still time-consuming).

Newt

w0luwpp.png

this is the most my team vs their team thing i've ever seen lol
Well Janna is a strong pick, but yeah Rengar jungle is just kinda a selfish pick that hardly provides anything to the team. Also, locking Vayne in first rotation is terrible.

zkylon

zkylewd
Well Janna is a strong pick, but yeah Rengar jungle is just kinda a selfish pick that hardly provides anything to the team. Also, locking Vayne in first rotation is terrible.

she went 1 7 2, dealt 9k dmg and actually said "i carry late i'm vayne" lol

top and jungle had similar scores

rough couple days

zkylon

zkylewd
ok next game top and jungle disconnects, then me and my duo disconnects, then top and jungle disconnects

i think i'm gonna stick to normals for a while lol

in any case in the time top and jungle were online, top urgot died 9 times and jungle yi dealt less damage total than janna

ROUGH

killatopak

after putting it off for such a long time, I finally tried playing Fiora seriously. Lo and behold I'm already rank 4 within days. I love how skill depended she is. I do get burned out so I just pull out my Garen and autopilot for a while.

Newt

All of Riot's special modes are pretty terrible. Riot should actually work on implementing new modes, and killing off/replacing the garbage that's twisted treeline.

Top Bottom