• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT13| Diamond is Unreachable

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I have fun on the alternate modes....including Twisted Treeline. Dark Star was particularly well made. ARURF can just feel extremely punishing if you get a bad team comp, and you obviously have no control over that stuff. Even ARAM does not feel as harsh.

Newt

My way to balance Urf is each champion gets a value based on their strength in Urf. For example Xin and Sona would get 10 points, and someone like Jhin would get one point.

A team would be limited to having a point total of like 15. The average champ would only cost 3 points.

Quonny

All of Riot's special modes are pretty terrible. Riot should actually work on implementing new modes, and killing off/replacing the garbage that's twisted treeline.

I dunno, even stuff like Ascension is fun for a game or two.

ARURF is all about if you get the top 10 OP URF champions or not. And if you don't, well, you lost.

My way to balance Urf is each champion gets a value based on their strength in Urf. For example Xin and Sona would get 10 points, and someone like Jhin would get one point.

A team would be limited to having a point total of like 15. The average champ would only cost 3 points.
TCG deck building-style rules would be amazing. Too bad the community would bitch and moan about not being able to play the "ubers" every game.

zkylon

zkylewd
Why does Riot limit the number of Hextech chests you can buy over a 24-hour period?

If you look back at the League of Legends business model post, one of the tenants is ”we want to add content that excites you when you first hear about it, feels good when you buy it, and leaves you glad when you look back, even months later."

The part of ”leaves you glad when you look back" was a major factor when adding in the limit for Hextech chests, as we wanted to do what we could to avoid buyer's remorse. We've all heard stories of drunk purchase regret or a kid getting ahold of their parent's account and racking up hundreds of dollars in microtransactions in a single day. Our goal is for players to feel good about all of their purchases, and these limits help ensure that as much as possible.

We are also concerned with fraud, as we didn't want someone to steal your account and spend it all on chests. I know what you're thinking ”But Rito, someone can steal my account and just buy all the skins!" – while that is true, it's a little easier for us to interpret the intentionality of skin purchases versus the randomness of boxes when rolling back fraudulent purchases.

Since the system was implemented, we've been monitoring how often players hit the ceiling, and while some players do hit the max limit, it is relatively rare. We'll continue to reevaluate what the upper limit of chests should be, so please share any thoughts you have on this.

i wonder why they don't add more refunds already

i mean, i get it, they took your money, they don't want to give it back, but still, feels like something they should look into

i know i've had skins i wish i could return cos the splash was great but then the model was crap and there's no way of telling unless you go looking on youtube

i wonder why they don't add more refunds already

i mean, i get it, they took your money, they don't want to give it back, but still, feels like something they should look into

i know i've had skins i wish i could return cos the splash was great but then the model was crap and there's no way of telling unless you go looking on youtube

I have always thought that they can give refunds either:
  • After a set amount of time(a year) give 1 refund token
  • After a set amount of game (or playtime) give a refund token
  • One token as a reward for beign a good guy (honor)
  • After a set amount of RP spent you get one refund token
  • Give a new token to everybody as a community event after reaching a point goal. (Like chaos vs order)
  • Give a token as a reward for going to live events.
  • Give a token as a reward for getting to gold.
  • You can get a token after refunding any skin. (Yes, give back 2 skins, get money back of one)

A combination of any of the former.
And those are split second ideas that you can start working from.

zkylon

zkylewd
I have always thought that they can give refunds either:
  • After a set amount of time(a year) give 1 refund token
  • After a set amount of game (or playtime) give a refund token
  • One token as a reward for beign a good guy (honor)
  • After a set amount of RP spent you get one refund token
  • Give a new token to everybody as a community event after reaching a point goal. (Like chaos vs order)
  • Give a token as a reward for going to live events.
  • Give a token as a reward for getting to gold.
  • You can get a token after refunding any skin. (Yes, give back 2 skins, get money back of one)

A combination of any of the former.
And those are split second ideas that you can start working from.

i think refunds make for poor rewards so i would probably cross most except the first two

it just feels like you should have like 3 a year, not 3 lifetime...

Forever is just a really long time.

It's insane. It can be even 1 every 5 years. But to think that I will probably stop playing League or League itself dies before I get another token is crazy.

zkylon

zkylewd
VQ7kT4T.png

how did my wukong not get an S -_____________-

zkylon

zkylewd
think i'm gonna take a break from ranked for a bit. after losing like 9 ranked games in a row and demoting back to the bottom of p3 i see my mentality being too fragile for ranked lol

i'm gonna just play normals for a bit and try to have more fun

Since i have about ~50% win rate in AR Urf it is one of the reasons why i currently like it much more than any other mode atm. That win rate is much better than i got in any other mode.

Leezard

Ok what if

There was a champion

Lets call him

Vary

And he got a skill that let him do 50%-250% more damage to shields passively on auto attacks

And its active was a shield breaker that did a huge amount of damage(ie 1000) to shields.

An item is better for this type of thing though. Having a single champ that's supposed to counter shields won't solve the problem with shield stacking.

By far my most fav champ in AR urf is Warwick, gotten like 2 S+ performances wich i have never gotten in any other mode or with any other champ.

drawkcaB

Or just rebalance shield values and scalings. Riot's work on grievous wounds doesn't make me want them to try their hand at a shield counter item.

zkylon

zkylewd

this is awesome (if you ignore the terrible font lol)

this is the kind of world building content i want out of riot

maybe less berserk-y, but one step at a time

good fucking job

zkylon

zkylewd
i really hope this comic is the first of many

it's not perfect by any means but i just want to see more of this awesome universe

Hackworth

I dunno, even stuff like Ascension is fun for a game or two.

ARURF is all about if you get the top 10 OP URF champions or not. And if you don't, well, you lost.
Yeah URF is great until your team gets mad salt because your 4 ADCs and Kench can't beat Rammus Zed Morg Blitz and Free Space.

I've gone 16-4 in my last 20 ranked games (and one those four losses had an AFK from four mins). Opponents are getting tougher - haven't had as many free solo kills in my last few games, some of which have been very close. One thing hasn't changed though! Tristana players.

zkylon

zkylewd
lyTELwd.jpg

Is she dead?

yeah (i think? who knows? there are ghosts and zombies and vampires and shit in this universe, so who the fuck knows)

Well that was utterly pointless.
i feel like people need to understand that riot is entitled to having an opinion, even if it's the wrong opinion, and then change their minds about it for the better

there's obviously reason to be frustrated about that, and them correcting that wrong opinion is no matter for celebration but still, the amount of disdain gets tiring

Zkylon has, as I recall, been consistently critical of mid lane balance changes and the loot/gem/"gambling" add-ons to the game over the past couple of years.

Newt

This is...not how I would describe zky.
This is exactly how I would describe Zky.

I like Zky, and he's a cool person, but he can a total self-righteous idiot at times.

As for the normals API thing, it was definitely a dumb move. How shit like this gets approved baffles me.

JulianImp

TCG deck building-style rules would be amazing. Too bad the community would bitch and moan about not being able to play the "ubers" every game.

Actually, imagine people in the team rushing to pick high-value champs for themselves, leaving the rest with low-tier chaff... it might work in a 5v5 setting, but it's going to lead to even more salt than normal in most circumstances.

Top Bottom