• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT13| Diamond is Unreachable

duppolo

how often champs ip price change? i cant spend my ip cause i want too many heroes and i dont want to choose badly...also, i think is better i pick up some cheap champs, then only 2 expensive champs...am i right? i understand i like most top, but im good most at jungle. i already have some good jungler, and singed for top...low price champs, id love to try vlad and snake girl..but maybe i should get riven or...omg is so difficult to be poor!

Leezard

how often champs ip price change? i cant spend my ip cause i want too many heroes and i dont want to choose badly...also, i think is better i pick up some cheap champs, then only 2 expensive champs...am i right? i understand i like most top, but im good most at jungle. i already have some good jungler, and singed for top...low price champs, id love to try vlad and snake girl..but maybe i should get riven or...omg is so difficult to be poor!

One older champ drops in price for every new champ that is released. Every third or fourth new champ release an additional older champ will get a price reduction. So what this means is that you will not see more than say 6-7 price reductions per year. Champs that cost 4800 IP won't be reduced more in the near future, probably.

JulianImp

AFAIK, they rotate down a price tier by order of release or something. Like, whenever a new champ is released, the oldest 6300 one's cost changes to 4800.

Also gotta agree about having met many randoms who thought we could actually clear the missions that require playing as a premade. Several times have I seen people argue about which mission to tackle and arguing back when I told them we couldn't get those missions as randoms. Heck, the time I got an A-rank, it was with a guy that got the rest to play without a utility champ.

Nev

Banned
I'm glad I stopped playing this because these changes to champ select (replacing role filter with position filter and having the champions in that filter decided by Riot therefore officially "suggesting" champions to a particular role/lane) and runes (butchering the variety and open possibilities of building whatever the hell rune page you want and forcing players down three shitty premade "paths") would make me stop playing the game anyways.

What a sad event of casualizing and dumbing things down while removing player choice and the strategy, depth and unpredictability that come with it.

Heroes of the Storm/Overwatch basicness come thru.

PS: Star Guardian skins suck and the new song for Worlds is as basic as Nasus' kit. I guess it's fitting because the game is going to turn into Arena of Valor levels of basic but I'd rather have a "different" song like Zedd's. Considering the backlash it got from your usual LoL teenager who only listens to radio and basic pseudoEDM garbage it's no wonder they went back to a basic Ariana Grande song tho.

Legends never die but League does ayy. Good thing Paragon is not dead yet.

zkylon

zkylewd
lol nev

corrections:
- lanes champions are assigned to are decided from data from the last patch, so it's the meta that decides it, not riot

- we don't know if the new rune system is shit or not but there's not 3 paths but 5/6 and you can choose two and along them there's many different options. also current runes/mastery systems sucks ass :p

btw i too like ignite better

for me it's worlds collide > ignite > this one > warriors

Not a fan of runes either, but the current iteration sees the most variety.

I mean if you dialed back to S2, it was pretty much:
Flat Armor Yellow, occasional GP5
Flat AD / MPen / Armor Red
Flat / Scaling MR Blue, to taste
Same Quints as Red, with the occasional MS or GP5 or LS

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Rune choices are pretty limited and even the small differences between them (usually 1-2%) is probably more likely attributed to people maining one champion and having a slightly different rune page (seven attack damage reds instead of nine....amazing....) than people who pick it without as much experience. It's usually not too illuminating to see what is successful either. Coming to the conclusion that a full page of attack speed reds on a top lane Jarvan is less useful than lethality or flat attack damage is not exactly high level strategy. In most cases generalized stat mixes tend to win out and those pages are pretty boring on paper. Even if you look at mastery choice the differences are not exactly wild. Pretty common to see 1-2% difference between mastery choices on the same level of a specific tree, especially in the Resolve tree. Sometimes people can make completely wrong choices on more rigid champions but I don't think it's really a sign of mastery for something like Fiora players to know they should take Fervor.

New champ select lets every player have ban input, which lets more specialized players make sure they are not hard countered in lane, and it helps prevent ridiculous stuff that people don't want to play against from slipping through. It also just moves faster.

Nev

Banned
The only thing they had to do was making current runes free.

The thing that made LoL better than any other MOBA is that you could play your character however the hell you wanted to.

Sejuani AP? Mordekaiser AS? Nasus AP? Why not. And while some of these might be considered "troll", there were actual options like tankifying a non-tank character, buffing your mana regen to spam in lane or boosting your early AP/AD to help you grab early kills.

Sure a lot were niche builds but I loved playing Karma as literally every role/lane in the game. Tank AP, AD AS, Jungle offtank AP etc.

With the new system it looks like things like that are going to be impossible or at least severely damaged.

That is what made the game fun. You could find an AP Shaco or a full movement speed Nasus, and while most people just looked up some rune guide on the internet, there were actual options to play with.

I played Smite and the moment I noticed you couldn't buy AP items for an AD champion and vice versa I bailed out.

Now in regards to the filter thing. Whoever asked for the removal of a role filter? It's immensely more open than a position filter which tells you exactly what is the meta in a particular lane and is going to make people call others trolls because they're not picking whatever is in the stupid filter at the time.

Everything points towards them simplifying things god knows why. Maybe because Overwatch is eating their lunch, and that game is as simple as "go to the chokepoint and vomit all your abilities", but you know what? It's also as shallow as an ARAM match, so please find a better role model because LoL is better than that casual garbo.

Yeah, because 7 Mpen and 15 AP is the difference between AP shaco being a thing or not. There will be still stat stick runes. You'll still be able to do shit like Thunderlords on a champion that doesn't normally take it. The system will have like 60 runes and they aren't champion locked. You'll still be able to do troll shit.

The role filter made no sense because most of those role assignments are bullshit. No, Teemo ain't a fucking ADC and no, people will still call stuff like AD Karma stupid regardless of filters because thats how League players have always been. I dunno what fantasy version of League you have (not) been playing because the stuff you're talking about is mostly bullshit. League ain't getting any less casual than it has always been.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
The new runes are more powerful and have specifically been designed for increased flexibility. Now you see a Thunderlord's that will proc off autos and a Stormraider’s Surge that can be used by anyone because it isn't gated champs that can burst.

zkylon

zkylewd
you can select champions as your favorites and supersede the lane filter if you want

if anything this system is more open to emergent builds cos it's based on meta stats instead of how riot chose to categorize champions

as for the rune page stuff, that never mattered, you can build shaco ap or ad because of his scaling, not because of runes. you can argue that they've been chipping away at that aspect of the game (tristana and yi no longer scale with ap), but those builds were gimmicky and hard to balance anyways...

it's no wonder they went back to a basic Ariana Grande song tho

How in the world does Legends Never Die remind you of Ariana Grande? Did Worlds Collide remind you of Adele?

tumblr_inline_nv5cau9Aso1t4twl2_500.gif

I'm going to miss the runes that aren't stats you get from items. No more crit damage outside of IE. No more gp5 outside of support items. No more increased EXP gain.

Nev has finally reverted to Breezy V2.

The crazy thing is I disagree with him. The old rune system is oppressive and filled with false choices. And the thing is that the new system, if anything, promotes diversity in choice and has more viable options(as far as we know from the runes shown)

drawkcaB

You either die a Nev or see yourself become a Breezy...

The crazy thing is I disagree with him. The old rune system is oppressive and filled with false choices. And the thing is that the new system, if anything, promotes diversity in choice and has more viable options(as far as we know from the runes shown)

WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING!?!

pigeon

Banned
Even if the new system does not have any interesting choices it's still better than the old system just by reducing the amount of idiotic false choices

I'm almost certain you'll be running into far more sui generis rune builds and play patterns under the new system than the old. Going into debt to buy items ahead of time and switching summoner spells alone will see a lot of experimental stuff going on, and there will be so many, what was it, uniquely incomparable options that determining the objective best will be difficult and contingent on many factors.

pigeon

Banned
I'm almost certain you'll be running into far more sui generis rune builds and play patterns under the new system than the old. Going into debt to buy items ahead of time and switching summoner spells alone will see a lot of experimental stuff going on, and there will be so many, what was it, uniquely incomparable options that determining the objective best will be difficult and contingent on many factors.

This is true, but the issue is actually that most people don't enjoy being strategically creative and aren't good at it, so the vast majority of people will just look for a common runepage to copy, which is exactly how the current system works.

However I agree that I am generally hopeful for the possibility of more interesting choices with this system. I liked the XP quint jungle strategy last split -- that's the kind of thing the rune system was supposed to do and never actually did. If we just get three or four more of those a year it'll be a success.

It'll also probably make low elo play more interesting because now instead of just saying "why the fuck did you take ignite ghost" you can say "why the fuck did you take ignite ghost deficit spending".

zkylon

zkylewd
idk why riot keeps wanting to make ori's ult clunkier

if you want to add counterplay to her make it so she can't hide the ball under terrain...

talesofvaloran076.png

also i don't get this joke noot pls explain

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
ivern "saves" the jungle camps instead of killing them

by removing their clothes, ivern assumes they're wild animals

and comes and saves them

zkylon

zkylewd

rito is killing it with the comics lately

not a huge fan of the artstyle but i thought the writing was awesome

ivern "saves" the jungle camps instead of killing them

by removing their clothes, ivern assumes they're wild animals

and comes and saves them

oh idk why but i always felt he still killed them in the end lol

zkylon

zkylewd
played reworked akali (i forget when she was reworked) today, she feels kind of awesome

she still has a lot of issues but i feel like they added a lot of small mechanics and nuances that make her a lot more enjoyable to play

i wouldn't say more fair tbh, but at least more fun

also how in all hell i got to have 3 akali skins...

duppolo

at the end i bought kled. not the strongest champions, but its so fun and im happy. if u would like to give me advice to him, im listening to you!

JulianImp

I still haven't gotten a single honor capsule since the system has gone online, and I guess those will mostly add to my ever-increasing stockpile of keys (currently sitting at 7 keys and 2 fragments).

Also, did some update hit between yesterday night and today? The client doesn't even start up on my Mac, and I was thinking it might've had to do with a patch or something.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
I still haven't gotten a single honor capsule since the system has gone online, and I guess those will mostly add to my ever-increasing stockpile of keys (currently sitting at 7 keys and 2 fragments).

Also, did some update hit between yesterday night and today? The client doesn't even start up on my Mac, and I was thinking it might've had to do with a patch or something.

there was a patch a few days ago, but nothing more recent i don't think

also

rito pls

Top Bottom