• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT13| Diamond is Unreachable

zkylon

zkylewd
i don't sympathize with you, but i suggest you stay off social media (including here) for a while, use that time to reflect and take some lessons from this stupid mess

Yeah. I got canned. I fucked up royal, and will pay the price. There's no excuse for the things I said there.. So I'm out of Riot. I've asked the mods to help me change my GAF name.. but no response yet.

Sorry I let you all down.. whiskey is a hell of a thing.

It happens to the best of us. Good like Sanjuro, I believe in you!

I simply didn't play the game lol. Do you think also a support can carry a game? Some eye would like to teach me?

Absolutely. I've solo'd from Gold to Diamond in a previous season with 75% win rate playing only supports, and not even the typical carry supports. My losses were mostly when I got relegated to top, since I'm absolutely terrible at it. My best scenario was that I just conclude laning with a draw.

I haven't played ranked since then though.

pigeon

Banned
Yeah. I got canned. I fucked up royal, and will pay the price. There's no excuse for the things I said there.. So I'm out of Riot. I've asked the mods to help me change my GAF name.. but no response yet.

Sorry man. Good luck finding something else.

He could do well with any compo and enemy compo or there are games where its better to not pick him?

I think he probably does well with most comps? To play him well you just need to be smart about when you choose to engage. Also, did you know that if you use your ultimate and then W, you can charm people to keep them from getting away from your knock up? That's a really good engage tool.

Thank you all for the kind words.
Quit it lol

duppolo

I think he probably does well with most comps? To play him well you just need to be smart about when you choose to engage. Also, did you know that if you use your ultimate and then W, you can charm people to keep them from getting away from your knock up? That's a really good engage tool.

Quit it lol

Thanks a lot, this evening I will try it

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
tPN0Sw4.jpg

aram poppy so free

Nekofrog

Banned
I have less than 150 games on her this season but a 64% winrate on my diamond account with irelia with 108 games played as her. She's trash but if you're a decent one trick you can still carry with her. It's just really hard to do that right now for me because I'm not good with her anymore

Triforce first
Spectres cowl if they have more than 2ap, or their ap is super fed. Bramble vest vs any ad with built in sustain (buying and sitting on just bramble might not be good anymore after nerfs however). ninja tabi if ad top and Jung, mercs if their cc is high (more than 2 sources of reliable cc. Reliable = point and click)

Sit on whatever you choose between cowl/bramble and go Titanic next, building tiamat first. I've gone through periods of thing with deaths dance, ghost blade, blood thirster, wits end, and Titanic as second damage item and they all suck except Titanic. It's legit the strongest second damage item on her for eliminating squishy champions. It also allows you to shove lane super fast and leave. It's really hard to win just split pushing with her so splitting and ganking mid and their jungler and grouping early to accelerate the game is mandatory right now. Always be doing something.

After Titanic I complete my tank items and maybe buy more damage as last item, I rarely have games go that long these days.

Just play kled instead. He's the superior bruiser.

Edit: never under estimate ninja tabi.b if you rush it vs ad top and Jung, they can rarely ever kill you and your base damages are still high enough to murder most enemy laners even without triforce components in lane phase

JulianImp

I simply didn't play the game lol. Do you think also a support can carry a game? Some eye would like to teach me?

I used to think that, but then I realized I simply wasn't doing enough. I'm still a lowly bronzie at best, but I've done some cool plays that have saved teamfights. Heck, playing Lulu a couple days ago after not having touched her almost since the season started showed me just how much better I had gotten at playing the game since then. I was finally able to feel like I was really saving people rather than randomly mashing skills and hoping they'd survive, and that felt great.

The biggest change IMO has been that I'm finally beginning to grasp just what's going on during a teamfight, mostly keeping track of who's doing what, and using that to decide which teammates to protect or enemies to disrupt (ie: no more wasting Whimsy on Malphite after it's already put all its skills on cooldown). It feels pretty good even when I haven't even gotten to the point that I'm able to guesstimate cooldowns to make my skill use even more optimal.

Hows Yorick feeling right now? I really want to play him but well

He ain't no Nasus. I should actually get through my provisional matches..

Soulblighterr

Neo Member
I have less than 150 games on her this season but a 64% winrate on my diamond account with irelia with 108 games played as her. She's trash but if you're a decent one trick you can still carry with her. It's just really hard to do that right now for me because I'm not good with her anymore

Triforce first
Spectres cowl if they have more than 2ap, or their ap is super fed. Bramble vest vs any ad with built in sustain (buying and sitting on just bramble might not be good anymore after nerfs however). ninja tabi if ad top and Jung, mercs if their cc is high (more than 2 sources of reliable cc. Reliable = point and click)

Sit on whatever you choose between cowl/bramble and go Titanic next, building tiamat first. I've gone through periods of thing with deaths dance, ghost blade, blood thirster, wits end, and Titanic as second damage item and they all suck except Titanic. It's legit the strongest second damage item on her for eliminating squishy champions. It also allows you to shove lane super fast and leave. It's really hard to win just split pushing with her so splitting and ganking mid and their jungler and grouping early to accelerate the game is mandatory right now. Always be doing something.

After Titanic I complete my tank items and maybe buy more damage as last item, I rarely have games go that long these days.

Just play kled instead. He's the superior bruiser.

Edit: never under estimate ninja tabi.b if you rush it vs ad top and Jung, they can rarely ever kill you and your base damages are still high enough to murder most enemy laners even without triforce components in lane phase

Thanks! Is BotRk good as a second dmg item anymore on her?

Hows Yorick feeling right now? I really want to play him but well

He ain't no Nasus. I should actually get through my provisional matches..

If you get Yorick and manage to be on the team opposite Dob you'll get fed given his luck :^) (even if he isn't top). I don't see a ton of Yorick in my games, but you could make him work in soloq just fine I think. I can't tell you from personal experience, I would just say that I don't think he's bad. Maybe he isn't good? But not bad.

I used to think that, but then I realized I simply wasn't doing enough. I'm still a lowly bronzie at best, but I've done some cool plays that have saved teamfights. Heck, playing Lulu a couple days ago after not having touched her almost since the season started showed me just how much better I had gotten at playing the game since then. I was finally able to feel like I was really saving people rather than randomly mashing skills and hoping they'd survive, and that felt great.

The biggest change IMO has been that I'm finally beginning to grasp just what's going on during a teamfight, mostly keeping track of who's doing what, and using that to decide which teammates to protect or enemies to disrupt (ie: no more wasting Whimsy on Malphite after it's already put all its skills on cooldown). It feels pretty good even when I haven't even gotten to the point that I'm able to guesstimate cooldowns to make my skill use even more optimal.

This'll probably be the biggest improvement to your teamfighting in general. Once you start to imagine fights like who is going to use their CC/Ults and on what targets you can try to anticipate it. If I'm playing Lulu against a Zed I try to keep polymorph for when he inevitably ults someone because if you can prevent him from doing damage after his ult is applied then you kind of fuck what he wants to do.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
If you get Yorick and manage to be on the team opposite Dob you'll get fed given his luck :^) (even if he isn't top). I don't see a ton of Yorick in my games, but you could make him work in soloq just fine I think. I can't tell you from personal experience, I would just say that I don't think he's bad. Maybe he isn't good? But not bad.

This'll probably be the biggest improvement to your teamfighting in general. Once you start to imagine fights like who is going to use their CC/Ults and on what targets you can try to anticipate it. If I'm playing Lulu against a Zed I try to keep polymorph for when he inevitably ults someone because if you can prevent him from doing damage after his ult is applied then you kind of fuck what he wants to do.

Yorick is entirely dependent on the same strengths as Illaoi and Kayle. They need to win their lane. And they need to splitpush like a mofo cuz that's one of their strengths. They can easily win 2v1.

Newt

Kayle doesn't need to win her lane lol. She has a terrible early game with the only strength being ranged auto attacks. Even her best matchups are difficult to lane against.

Screenshot_20171004-093937.png

RedZaraki

Banned

I'll never understand people blaming alcohol for acting like an asshole.

Alcohol doesn't change your personality like that. It removes inhibitions. If you're an asshole, you got that before you drank the whiskey.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Kayle doesn't need to win her lane lol. She has a terrible early game with the only strength being ranged auto attacks. Even her best matchups are difficult to lane against.

Screenshot_20171004-093937.png

Are you saying she can't win her lane or she doesn't need to win her lane to win the game? I mean... even if you lose the lane, you can win but it'll take a while and the numbers are not in your favor. I'm just saying that most of the time she needs to win lane in order to come out on top and control the game from the presence she brings. Speeding up to get the rageblade helps immensely and the best way to do that is to win lane.

Newt

I'm saying against the most common matchups, against competent players, you'll lose lane on Kayle. This won't stop you from winning.

zkylon

zkylewd

Alcohol doesn't change your personality like that. It removes inhibitions. If you're an asshole, you got that before you drank the whiskey.
yeah, that last part rubbed me the wrong way too, but at this point the worst possible conclusion happened so it's pointless to hammer it further

all of this is a damn shame

pigeon

Banned

Without inhibitions society would be a pretty fucked up place.

Nekofrog

Banned
I think she's slated for a rework in a while. Until then I guess she will stay kinda weak until Bramblevest is gone.

She's been on the list for years now :/

Thanks! Is BotRk good as a second dmg item anymore on her?

Rarely if ever. Attack speed is not that great on her right now. That's why I rarely even run 28% attack speed anymore

they're buffing a ton of bonus ad scaling abilities to compensate for removing runes, it's not an irelia thing

They shaved like 5 seconds off of her Ult a couple patches ago as well. Really meaningless buffs when she still has no passive

zkylon

zkylewd
They shaved like 5 seconds off of her Ult a couple patches ago as well. Really meaningless buffs when she still has no passive
riot likes to do a couple of harmless buffs before worlds to see if they can nudge some champions into seeing some fringe pro play. i don't think it was meant to meaningfully change her, irelia should be on the shortlist of champions getting a full vgu after all

drawkcaB

Meh, even with that old ass kit I'd rather Riot rework other champions, but that's me.

Also, I don't want another Ryze rework. Fuck him. Give those resources to champions that haven't been touched in years.

Nekofrog

Banned
Pbe baseline buffs brings most of the champions listed up to higher base ad than irelia (61). I'm a broken record at this point so I'll move on from this topic.

zkylon

zkylewd
Pbe baseline buffs brings most of the champions listed up to higher base ad than irelia (61). I'm a broken record at this point so I'll move on from this topic.

DLU0uR5UIAApVEz.jpg:large

DLU4POIXUAAdCXe.jpg:large

maybe don't freak out over a middle of the cycle pbe patched not being perfectly balanced

Meh, even with that old ass kit I'd rather Riot rework other champions, but that's me.

Also, I don't want another Ryze rework. Fuck him. Give those resources to champions that haven't been touched in years.

i don't think ryze really needs another rework, i like this one

Top Bottom