• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT13| Diamond is Unreachable

Breezy, let's go man, LET'S GO

Swain Reworked E:
E- swain will place a raven at a designated location and act as a ward that last for 60 seconds
Activate E again to teleport along with allies to the raven's position and gain 20% movement speed for 2 seconds
:V

too broken, even if it was an ult.

Breezy, let's go man, LET'S GO

Swain Reworked E:
E- swain will place a raven at a designated location and act as a ward that last for 60 seconds
Activate E again to teleport along with allies to the raven's position and gain 20% movement speed for 2 seconds
:V

So like a much better version of Ryze ult, but on his E?

No. No way is this going live. This change is nuts and way too op.

God bless Twisted Furion.

Can someone explain to me why Gargoyle Stoneplate is good? That active seems like way too much of a downside compared to its upsides.

Leezard

God bless Twisted Furion.

Can someone explain to me why Gargoyle Stoneplate is good? That active seems like way too much of a downside compared to its upsides.

Stoneplate is situational. If you want to deal a lot of damage in a team fight you probably don't want to use it. If you're looking to provide your team with cc or utility it can be a good choice. Additionally, if your abilities scale with your HP your damage won't take as big of a hit.

Locket scales with your bonus hp and thus gets a nice boost from Stoneplate active.

Cho'gath ult scales with bonus hp and deals true damage, so it won't get reduced by the Stoneplate active.

Cho'gath ult scales with bonus hp and deals true damage, so it won't get reduced by the Stoneplate active.
That was why I wanted to ask, thanks. Cho from what I remember from S1-S3 had reasonable damage output and Stoneplate seems like it would just cut into it needlessly (it's not like he needs to be any bigger)

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
For lots of tanks the downside is not very big. Easy to find windows where a few seconds of reduced damage is not very meaningful if it means you are substantially tankier. Blow cooldowns, use the active when you are in the deepest, no real problems. I do not think it is universally powerful but it can be extremely useful. Given that certain items or tank abilities also scale based on HP you are not always unilaterally weaker even with the debuff.

duppolo

I love kled, should I spend real money for gnar in discount? It will be fun to play? What you think of new mastery system for him? Thanks

Stoneplate makes you damn near unkillable in teamfights. Use your first round of CDs to engage, drawing aggro for your team, pop Stoneplate to survive handily while zoning the enemy from your backline. Their frontline should be dying long before you are low unless they have Stoneplate too or your team is way behind. If you don't plan on teamfighting, it's not a great item, but then you wouldn't normally be playing a tank.

Edit: If a Sej ever gets fed and has Stoneplate/Warmogs she's just about the most obnoxious bullshit in the game. Imagine Mundo with hard CC and dashes.

duppolo

Yeah, Gnar is a pretty well designed champ. I would buy him.

Thanks, i see that Tier list now said its not so good, but it feels fun..i think that tomorrow will be the day of my first buy of in game content..i resist years, but gnar had won today

Newt

Thanks, i see that Tier list now said its not so good, but it feels fun..i think that tomorrow will be the day of my first buy of in game content..i resist years, but gnar had won today
Just ignore tier lists. They don't even matter much until you reach a certain level in ranked. You can do well with any champion in the game if you're just doing normals games or playing at the average rank.

JulianImp

So my luck finally ran out... got paired with a flaming jungler who'd make dubious calls and then complain when others didn't go along with him, and then with another jungler who actually inted (walked up to lane and killed minions until he got killed or executed).

Guess I'll go back to barely playing against human opponents ouside of random weekly modes (the SG thing was actually pretty fun a first), because the games I lose due to overly toxic teammates drag the whole experience down much more than the satisfaction I can recoup from playing good ones. It mostly feels like dedicating 30-40 minutes to an experience that's so-so at best and a total shitstorm at worst, and I think that kind of thing isn't really worth it...

zkylon

zkylewd
DK3SK3_W0AACR3O.jpg

second round of janna hotfix nerfs

duppolo

when should i pick gnar and when should i pick kled in top? also, are there any new rune system build for those? i love furry little bastards

Bacon

when should i pick gnar and when should i pick kled in top? also, are there any new rune system build for those? i love furry little bastards

A decent rule of thumb would be if your team lacks hard engage from your support or jungler, gnar will most likely be a good pick for his ultimate. If your team has the hard engage from elsewhere you can probably go with the more damage oriented kled.

pigeon

Banned
Wait. Gnar has no hard engage! Kled has hard engage!

Hard engage doesn't mean "AoE crowd control", it means a delivery system for your initiation. Gnar has to flank or tank to get in range for his ult. Kled can literally just run in from the other side of the map and start attacking.

Bacon

Wait. Gnar has no hard engage! Kled has hard engage!

Hard engage doesn't mean "AoE crowd control", it means a delivery system for your initiation. Gnar has to flank or tank to get in range for his ult. Kled can literally just run in from the other side of the map and start attacking.

Yeah I meant cc not hard engage

duppolo

I use my ip to buy my first support: rakan. I dunno what to buy, rakan or tresh, then i pick the first hoping that tresh will cost less before. Now i have 25 champs, i would like vlad and Cassiopea...maybe zac, then i could rest for sometimes. I dont have the courage to tra ranked, but i hope to do it soon. I think im decent in choice of where go/what do do, farming and positioning, but bad in continous map Awarness and meccanichal skill

duppolo

i played my first rakan and my first support...so funny. i believed i couldnt like support cause of the frustration to loosing dor someone else mystake, but i find out i can save the situation in those mistake, something that as a top lane i couldnt do

drawkcaB

Look at that, it did sink a bit more. Still seeing it as 52% but I guess we'll see what it settles at. It's very good at least. With the bonus AD nerf she might go down to 50% for the first time in years.

It's sad that it took Janna in competitive play to finally get Riot to look at her.

JulianImp

Janna getting further nerfs on pbe. Just nuke her down. It probably still won't be enough since she's at 54% winrate after today's hotfix.

Heh... meanwhile, I never got to play her right (or enjoyed playing her, for that matter). I think it has something to do with me not really enjoying champions with overly reactive playstyles, and the only one I actually enjoy playing as is Lulu.

That reminds me I should try playing more Lulu again. Looking at Lolalytics, it looks like she still rushes censer and has a decent winrate. I'll have to look into starting with ancient coin more, but it sounds like the coint pick-up mechanic hasn't actually helped make the item line more interactive in the end.

zkylon

zkylewd
i just realized i'm dumb and i read ori's patchnotes the other way around, q is now faster, not slower

that's neat then, screw you envlap

Kenai

riot.PNG

You may be surprised to hear I haven't played a non-ARAM in many, many months so this was a weird game. And a weird build (Lucian asked me to build Censer on Taric so I just did, is that a thing now?)

Deerskin's friend list was full :( was a nice person even if we got cheesed a bit by Brand/Rengar early on. Didn't matter obv.

Top Bottom