• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
djSrW.jpg

QbUkJ.jpg

JXUWh.jpg

uFCNf.jpg

QbUkJ.jpg

ffGjy.jpg

QbUkJ.jpg

f9IuG.jpg

QbUkJ.jpg

And there you go! You’re set to play with LoL-GAF. In fact, here’s two free champions:

QbUkJ.jpg

LcyG6.jpg

QbUkJ.jpg

Information

Developer: Riot
Platform: Windows | Mac
Price: Free (HAHAHAHA)
i-CV2d9W4-L.jpg

gWPKq.jpg

Persistent Account: encourages players to value their accounts, reducing dickish behavior at the higher levels
Masteries: Skill trees that provide boosts to your champion. You receive up to 30 points to
allocate into 3 different skill trees; Offense, Defense, and Utility. You can make up to 10 pages (FREE) for 10 different setups.
Reporting System: for players who are dicks, so that they may face punishment
Chatrooms: Makes organizing games and building a community easier!
Spectator Mode: Watch your friends play and keep track of gold, kills, minion farm, and a host of
other data!
Custom Games: Do you want to do all random? 3v3 on the 5v5 map? Perhaps get GAF to do an
in-house? Here’s where you can do all that, and more!
Co-op vs AI: Want to test the waters with a new champion? Try your hand against bot opponents in a relaxed atmosphere.
Skins: You can gussy up your favorite characters in different “skins”. Play dress up as you slaughter the opposition!

Mechanics

Interested in learning more? Head over to the Learning Center for details on all the in-game mechanics!

QbUkJ.jpg

PJlKL.jpg

QbUkJ.jpg

40If7.jpg

Here are some specific guides for general game play:
Optimizing Your Survival: Health v Defense
Support Your Team: How to Play Support
A Detailed Overview On General Builds and Roles

Here is a guide for custom skins, if you don't feel like dishing out money to Riot. However, these skins are only visible by you and may cause problems. Not responsible~ Here's a sample: Panda Jax
Here's a tutorial. After you install the program, you just click install at leaguecraft website on the skin you want, and it will do it for you automatically.

HEEUd.jpg

Q: Wait, so this game is free? What’s the catch?
A: None, really. The game is pretty good at making sure that money doesn’t purchase an in-game advantage. The only thing is that more than half the champions cost 6300 IP, which is a lot. And runes take a while to accumulate, but that’s pretty much it.

Q: So, how do I start?
A: There’s a tutorial, but really, nothing beats PvP.

Q: Wait, that Mac site looks suspicious!
A: Not a question, but... Riot once had a Mac client up and running, but took it down citing “quality reasons.” The Mac community decided this was bullshit, and recruited one of the former mods to resurrect the client. Thus, the Mac version hosted by boomje. I can vouch for it; I have used it myself.

Q: Isn’t this genre really hard to get into?
A: Yes, but LoL is the most forgiving of the bunch. That said, it’s still quite difficult to get into. The GAF community should help you speed through the process.

Q: I hear the community is shit. Is this true?
A: Yes, but by playing with GAF, you can avoid this!

Q: But GAF is full of diehard pros! How will I keep up?
A: LOL - In all seriousness, though, we welcome newcomers all the time. Just pay attention, heed advice, and you’re set.

Q: Any tips?
A: Learn how to last hit, there is glory in the tank/support roles, don’t face check brush if you are squishy, buy a ward or two and most importantly OBEY THE META.

WqQvP.jpg

Dobkeratops/Mudkira for being coauthor
Boken, for the P-A strip.
DanceInMyBlood, xcloser, Kiunch for linking me to several guides.

26pq3.jpg

vERBN.png

Boken

Banned
Hey, it's prettier than expected. Not enough Teemo though. We all know LoL is just about Teemo.

EnMoshin_TeemoNyan.jpg

"Never underestimate the power of the Scout's code."

Tips for NEW PEOPLE:
Kiunichbb said:
Some tips:

-Don't buy item based on Riot in-game recommendation, those are meant to test if new player is worthy of the game. Get it from mobafire instead.

-Look at minimap often, even in middle of team fight or farming, you might see enemy ambushing or flanking your support/carry in the back.

-Buy ward

-Fuck you're build, just buy ward.

-Don't leave base with more than 475 golds if you have empty slots, instead of saving it for expensive item, buy a doran/pot/ward, it will return your investment.

-Achtius will always be in shower, don't bother asking him to play

-Don't auto attack creep during early lane, just last hit

-Balance creep wave so it is close to your tower, but outside of its tower range.

-Last hit at tower range:
Melee creep, last hit after 2 tower hit
Caster creep, 1 auto attack, 1 tower hit, then last hit

-Farm

-Farm

-Kiunch's Eve is awesome, if Kiunch failed a tower dive, its the team fault, always.

-SummonInTrouble always ping retreat, even when your winning.

-Farm

-SweetTooth will rage at you if you do bad

-SoutherDragon will rage at himself if he does bad, ask him to play Yorick if you want to see him rage.

-75% of Gaf afk in chat room, a premade 5 vs 5 is impossible unless we have at least 25 people online.

-Only let Ferrio play Riven

-If you play less than 3 champions, in premade draft mode, GAF will ban all of your champ for easy win. WE SERIOUS

-If you play a theme premade game with GAF (ex. Yordle vs Giant), one side will always cheat and pick their best character.

-Don't talk trash back to your opponent unless your 100% sure you going to win.

Boken said:
-whenever somebody dies, check the scoreboard (default key TAB) to see what/who killed them so you can avoid that in future!

-farm (killing minions for gold) is incredibly important. A champion kill is worth only around 12 minions so think about that when you want to chase kills!

-dragon is worth around 3 champion kills in gold (190g for everybody on your team). Baron is worth 5 champion kills (300g for everybody).

-do NOT buy tier 2 runes

Flare said:
don't facecheck (the brush)

I'd like to point out that LoL has the least shitty community of the major MOBAs. I didn't last more than 3 games in HoN, DotA or DotA2 but I have hundreds of LoL games and have only played with a GAF premade 4 of those games.

Awesome T-shirt designer said:
Sermyn_Dont_Chase_thumb.jpg

(Don't Chase Singed. This will all become clear soon enough my young padawan)

REDDIT LOL [Link] Often run mini guides for the free champions every week. For example, this weeks thread is: here

Watching High Elo streams can be a good way to learn more of the game. Some streamers are more helpful than others though!

LoL Streams

Neki

You thought you could escape community.

you can't.

apparently you can though, just read the other topic, loool.

eznark

Banned
I think 200 of my posts were from the beta. Hopefully now that new releases have died down I'll be jumping back in and getting bitched at by GAFfers who take it too seriously.

Nasussssssssss!

Boken

Banned
Ferrio said:
So basic jungle skarner build? Guides seem varied. Latern always a safe bet, but wondering if it's the best since this would be my first mana dependant jungler.
Philo, Heart of Gold. Skarner don't need no pansy ass wriggles (neither does phoenix udyr).

Blizzard said:
Someone said recently that people near you in the jungle no longer steal XP. Is this the case, or does the person helping with wolves need to run away quickly? Is it best for mid person to do this, or bottom lane? I don't want either mid or bottom to lose much mana or health just trying to get monsters started.

I might have some attack speed runes lying around, but I don't really want to save up for another rune page right now. I was trying to make do with a general AD and AP page. =( Maybe I need to pick another jungler if AS runes are required.
Have them hit each wolf once. Ranged champions can never steal your exp (unless theyre doing it on purpose) - the exp range is 400. Just make sure they dont steal the last hit.

I think cloth 5 pots with 21 9 0 will be perfectly doable with crappy runes.

Wrekt

Q: I hear the community is shit. Is this true?
A: Yes, but by playing with GAF, you can avoid this!

I'd like to point out that LoL has the least shitty community of the major MOBAs. I didn't last more than 3 games in HoN, DotA or DotA2 but I have hundreds of LoL games and have only played with a GAF premade 4 of those games.

Boken

Banned
To build into anything, or just eventually sell? Seems that might really kill your early ganking.

Shurelyia's is AWESOME on skarna. Randuin's is pretty good too if you need the defensive stats. But Shurelyia's is great. It doesn't kill your ganking, skarner does alot of damage already.

Blizzard

Banned
Surely I did not post that much. It must be a mistake. What have I done with my life. :(

The OP makes me want to play Garen for some reason.

Been playing this with a friend lately and have really started to enjoy it. At first I didn't really enjoy it but now, after playing for a month or so, I can't stop!

I'm level 19 and primarily play Kayle, Nidalee, Vayne, and Lux.

My favorite champion is Lux but I'm the best with Kayle I think.

Gonna try to hit up the gaf chatroom sometime!

Skarner is real strong.

Wriggles still decent on him, wits end is a must i think. After that it's kind of reactionary to what type of dmg is on the enemy team. Don't rush triforce unless youre confident you wont die. Tankiness > dmg on skarner.

bjaelke

Subscribing to yet another epic thread. Great work Southern Dragon - knew it was worth the wait :)

Absolute Legends has merged with CLG to form CLG.eu.

Wow, shit got fancy! I like it, great OP(2). I need to get in gear with some of the EU West Gaffers sometime.
Not many (active) EU people on here :/

Coverly

There is a spectator mode? News to me lol. I'll try that.

Wife loves the new fox tail character, and I've been playing nothing but Lux for the last month.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Been playing this with a friend lately and have really started to enjoy it. At first I didn't really enjoy it but now, after playing for a month or so, I can't stop!

Game is waaayyy better if you know you have a friend you can roll with some of the time. I never would have stuck with it if I didn't have a LoL crew I play with. Not that I don't solo que sometimes, but if I had to always solo que I would have bailed long ago.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Fuck Kayle, Karma needs the love.

I can vouch for the banning, one of the few games I played with you. Janna and Lux both banned. Too bad you didn't ban my Jarv :O

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Holy Evelyn, this look better than I thought it would.

Was pretty sure its just going to be wall of text, with a bunch of guide written by Southern bury in between.

Very well done.

Remember people, there is a Garen in EVERY bush.

Flare

Holy Evelyn, this look better than I thought it would.

Was pretty sure its just going to be wall of text, with a bunch of guide written by Southern bury in between.

Very well done.

Remember people, there is a Garen in EVERY bush.

That should be in the tips section. Or in Boken's post.
I like playing support most of the time. Leona or Taric. Both are real fun.
We need more of this guy.

Seeing new names makes me happy! Hooray!

yes YES YES!

let's do this GAF.

My new years resolution is to take all of GAF with me back up to 1600.

If you do this you'd be my hero. I really do want to get better... I wish we had replays sooner than later, so people can point out what I'm doing wrong. I'm aware of some of my flaws, but obviously not all of them. :p
If you guys wanna play,
add "MutFox" in LoL

Recently I've really liked playing Dominion

I'm a Level 30

Welcome! You should join us in the chatroom, though, it's easier to make friends and form teams that way.

OK, is the chatroom empty or am I doing something wrong?

16 people in the chatroom right now. NeoGAF, right? caps don't matter.

Welcome!

bluemax

Banned
Spectator mode still kind of sucks, you can only spectate custom games.

At this point the better bet is to watch some high elo streamers on Own3d.tv if you want to learn that way.

For pure entertainment purposes I think Dyrus and Saintvicious are two of the best LoL streamers. For pure rage HotShotGG and TheRainMan. For people who might actually teach you something Elementz and Treeskimo.

And speaking of Dyrus:

This is why you ban Shaco in Solo Queue.

Flare

We do it fairly regularly. Some people don't like them though, which is saddening. People get too hung up on gaining IP and not trying to have fun.

That's the thing, custom games don't change your hidden normal elo, or anything else. They should just be fun practice games. I have no idea why things can turn bitter some times.

We do it fairly regularly. Some people don't like them though, which is saddening. People get too hung up on gaining IP and not trying to have fun.

Agreed. In-house with everyone in the same chat is hilarious, especially when we're doing All-Random classic or just dominion.

Ferrio

Banned
That's the thing, custom games don't change your hidden normal elo, or anything else. They should just be fun practice games. I have no idea why things can turn bitter some times.

I think it's more "I can't get my daily win using this".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom