• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends World Championship 2016 |SEP 29-OCT 29|

shira

WellmadeSpottedAfricanwildcat.gif

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
zzzz i'm done with worlds now, skt wins again not through any good play but simply because their opponent rolled over and died zzzzzzzzzzzz

Omnicent

Welp it was a good try ROX *hands ROX a bag*. Guess I'll go play some more XIV.
ROX would need an amazing defense/team fight to win this

Quonny

On one hand, SKT going three years in a row shows it truly is a skill based game and they're doing something right.

On the other hand, zzzz.

Talents

Banned
That was definitely one of the best series I've watched though. Definitely the best at the tournament in the very least.

On one hand, SKT going three years in a row shows it truly is a skill based game and they're doing something right.

On the other hand, zzzz.

2, SSW won S4

clemenx

Banned

On the other hand, zzzz.

Yeah, for all the talk about formats, bo1s, rng, constant patching, different metas and all different shit that people say affect and change the game "too much" most of all League games are really predictable to a T. Good teams are good teams period.

That's a "sport" trait tbh. Even if it can get boring when ti's a single team dominating.

Neol

And the dynasty continues.

I still like skt1 tho. It would just be nice to see the upset.

Feel like Jayce in general is a meh pick in worlds. Havn't really seen a game where he was the deciding winning factor.

Finally unbanned!
The first actual series of the post season, and it was a slugfest! Absolute congrats to Rox for really showing up today, but there can only be one champion. SKT! SKT! SKT!

Ashhong

I can't shake the feeling that this SKT team is demonstrably worse than the team they had last year.

S4 SSW > S5 SKT > S6 SKT > S3 SKT

This is literally impossible to determine I don't know how you can even think up this list. Everything is different. There's no way to compare

Zynx

I can't shake the feeling that this SKT team is demonstrably worse than the team they had last year.

S4 SSW > S5 SKT > S6 SKT > S3 SKT

I really don't agree. The level of play continues to rise as the understanding of the game gets better and the influx of more players and player experience raises the bar in mechanics as well. Of course, different patches change how the game is played. But I would guess that a upper tier team now would be able to beat S3 SKT handily. The amazing flashy moves that Faker pulled off back then, there's probably a dozen pro mids now who can do what Faker did then. And modern teamplay is way, way more advanced now as well.

Plus, you don't judge the strength of a team by how dominant it is over its competition. That kind of logic would get you thinking that the dominant western teams in their local leagues were really strong - when it turns out they weren't. Stronger competition makes even a good team's play look more sloppy. Weak competition allows even bad plays to look good because they go unpunished.

s4 ssw would get smashed by current skt lol.

Different meta/patches. Only way to compare teams is judge them by how they performed against the competition. I think S5 SKT was about as dominant as SSW in S4, but I give the edge to White because of how much they trashed Blue.

This is literally impossible to determine I don't know how you can even think up this list. Everything is different. There's no way to compare

I'm not saying a team in Season 4 would beat a team playing now. The game's different. But I can still judge these teams by how utterly dominant they were.

S5 SKT and S4 SSW were utterly untouchable against the rest of the competition. This year's SKT, not so much. They're still great, but these challengers are making them work for it.

Different meta/patches. Only way to compare teams is judge them by how they performed against the competition. I think S5 SKT was about as dominant as SSW in S4, but I give the edge to White because of how much they trashed Blue.
the overall game knowledge that teams have today way outclasses the brute-force style that defined SSW. not only would they be beaten but they'd be absolutely smashed by the current SKT.

At first I thought banning MF over Ashe was weird, because it was clearly the Ashe making MF work, not the other way around.

But SKT knew this. They wanted Pray to pick Ashe and drafted a comp that made her useless. Nice bait.

Top Bottom