• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends World Championship 2017 |SEP 23-NOV 4|

Leezard

Looks like a Gigabyte with since Fnatic can't win any fights. GAM also got the lategame.

Fnatic is getting a lead and turrets without taking fights, they are absolutely looking better than GAM right now. If GAM stalls out to late they can probably get the win since Tristana is huge, that's true.

There hasn't even been any proper fights yet, but Fnatic really needs to start making plays.

Leezard

Sivir can't kill tanks.

Edit: this game is tense though! Definitely worthy of the final tie breaker game.

Sivir seemed to kill tanks very well this game.

The story of the game is definitely the missed Orianna ults though. They've missed so many.

edit: gg fnatic

cHinzo

Optimus didn't hit a single ult that mattered in those teamfights, well played from Fnatic. Also props to Soaz, what a beast even though he went 0/4 early.

Sivir seemed to kill tanks very well this game.

Yeah he did surprisingly a good amount of damage on them.

Gala

I'm really happy for FNC, but god damn was GAM fantastic at Worlds. They definitely earned a lot of fans.

Leezard

Really well played by GAM this world's. They're the strongest wild card team by far.

Optimus didn't hit a single ult that mattered in those teamfights, well played from Fnatic. Also props to Soaz, what a beast even though he went 0/4 early.

Yeah he did surprisingly a good amount of damage on them.

Even a single one hit Orianna ult could've tilted the teamfights in GAM's favor. It's really sad for Optimus.

cHinzo

Really well played by GAM this world's. They're the strongest wild card team by far.

Even a single one hit Orianna ult could've tilted the teamfights in GAM's favor. It's really sad for Optimus.

B- but Fnatic was the wildcard... :d

Ori usually is really reliable when played by pros, but when Optimus played her, he seem to suffer from the GP curse. Farm up well, but it doesn't matter if u can't hit shit in teamfights.

Twookie

NA LEAGUE L M A o

fnatic
PogChamp.png

clemenx

Banned
Lmao I just saw Cody Sun's flash. wth?

Most fail flashes you could actually see what they were trying to do but here? It seems his brain lost connection to his hands.

Yeah, I thought GAM's cheese would get exposed early but it turned out the team had a lot more substance than just their cheese picks.

Yeah the pick/ban versus IMT is definitely just interesting picks and not cheese. Cool to see it work out even if it means NA is now cursed to go 0-11

Leezard

Lmao I just saw Cody Sun's flash. wth?

Most fail flashes you could actually see what they were trying to do but here? It seems his brain lost connection to his hands.
If not for the Cassio Seraph's Embrace shield, she would've gotten blown up and Cody might've gotten away with it. It was still a really bad play and it probably would've been better if he just escaped than if he got a kill on Cassio in exchance for himself.

Yeah the pick/ban versus IMT is definitely just interesting picks and not cheese. Cool to see it work out even if it means NA is now cursed to go 0-11
Yup, they really showed that there are more viable champs and strategies than the World's meta. Gettting to see a non-troll Urgot ban was fantastic.

NSESN

Soaz flaming on twitter tilted FNC so much they got untilted. Going from 0-4 to 8-4 in the last game was nuts.

ShdwDrake

Banned
No NA teams play tonite so I can watch without further disappointment until tomorrow night.

TSM is gonna shit the bed again aren't they? :(

Disappointed in IMT, they really shit the bed.

I expect them to get rid of Cody Sun.

I think getting rid of Cody Sun is an over reaction. This was his first season in the LCS and given how much better he got from the start of spring until now he could probably still improve. He definitely fucked up, though.

Man I can't believe I fell asleep before the GAM vs GAM game where FNC won
no typo

Also maybe this will teach teams stop thinking Ori is a safe pick when so many ults can wiff. Pick Viktor punks!

Guessing what happened to Immortals is indicative of what's probably going to happen to TSM and C9.

I'm prepped for the 0-11 future, but I don't think that one implies the other here. Have TSM or C9 gone into a game where they drafted all losing lanes? Because IMT did that versus GAM and it showed.

I think getting rid of Cody Sun is an over reaction. This was his first season in the LCS and given how much better he got from the start of spring until now he could probably still improve. He definitely fucked up, though.
I don't know, yeah it was his first full season but they had 4 chances to get thru today and he screwed every single one up

I don't know, yeah it was his first full season but they had 4 chances to get thru today and he screwed every single one up

Yeah but 4 chances on one day doesn't mean Cody Sun can never ever be a better ADC. Have you never strung 4 losses together before? I'm not trying to cover his performance, it was bad. I'm just saying that after he had a fairly positive split and an okay first week that making the decision to let him go because of this single day is hasty. Also a reminder that these are the best teams in the world.

Kirye

No NA teams play tonite so I can watch without further disappointment until tomorrow night.

TSM is gonna shit the bed again aren't they? :(

I was SO excited for TSM last week until they shit the bed against Misfits. I kept thinking "Alright they're gonna turn this shit around... now!" Every team fight and kept being disappointed.

FW and WE are gonna bring their A game, I just hope TSM does the same.

Sol Mori

Guessing what happened to Immortals is indicative of what's probably going to happen to TSM and C9.

I can definitely see TSM going 0-3 if they play like they did the first week. C9 is at least willing to try different things (Naut top, Graves Jungle).

If you told me that IMT did literally nothing during the break I would believe you though.

You have to ask yourself who they would replace him with though. Both import slots are taken by Flame and Olleh and NA ADCs aren't exactly lighting the world on fire, except for the world's greatest ADC and Domino's streamer of the year imaqtpie. I think the real issue with IMT is that xmithie was easy to ban out if IMT was on red side; he only really looked good on Gragas. Which meant that IMT decided to let FNC keep Broxah on comfort pick reksai and opt for a snow ball champion when they're not good enough to do it.

I was SO excited for TSM last week until they shit the bed against Misfits. I kept thinking "Alright they're gonna turn this shit around... now!" Every team fight and kept being disappointed.

FW and WE are gonna bring their A game, I just hope TSM does the same.

Unfortunately I have a feeling that Week 1 was TSM's A game.

My thoughts:

- Pray is a god. One of the all time best Varus games to kick Immortals into the tiebreaker. LZ took their foot of the gas today but it didn't imbalance the group, which was good to see.
- Immortals imploded. Their last game was just sad - their morale was shot by the 0-3 day. Caught out by Marines with the Urgot, terrible errors against Fnatic - letting Cassi flank, then hanging around for ages and giving up three kills, then Cody's suicide - and letting slip a very strong position against Longzhu when they didn't force baron despite complete vision control and Cho.
- Hero day for Fnatic. Caps' best day of his career, Rekkles consistent as ever, and sOAZ even had his moments. First team ever to go from and 0-3 start to getting out of groups. That base charge against Immortals is their payback for 2014.
- If only Optimus knew how to use Ori's ult. It's not even that he whiffed it repeatedly but that he used it right at the start of every engagement so Fnatic never had to respect it and could just charge in. They played the smarter LoL than both Immortals and Fnatic.
- The standard of play today was low - surely at least six teams from groups C and D would've made it through out of this group.

Sol Mori

Someone should make TSM watch this G2 vs RNG game and if they lock in Sej again and don't use an ult for like 30 minutes they should be banned from ever going to worlds again.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
never mind G2 takes a terrible draft and pays for it

shame because they definitely were capable of beating SSG with a competent draft

cHinzo

Too bad G2's in a group with RNG and SSG lol. Too hard to get out of it when u don't beat the Korean team at least once.

Kangi

Trying to ban out Uzi like he's not crazy enough to pick Vayne. Looking like I'll be able to turn in early this time.

Leezard

Yesterday's group was just insanely good and fun to watch. It didn't have the best quality games with tons of mistakes from all teams, but they were so entertaining.

This is probably the least interesting group. Group D will hopefully give us a lot of hype, hope and salt.

cHinzo

I still hope EDG does at least something interesting this worlds. Although watching the number 1 seed go 0-6 is prolly also funny, but it's fcking up my pick ems.

Stiler

Regarding pick'ems, how do they determine the placement if two teams tie?

I had Gigabyte at 4th on my pick'ems but even though they tied Immortals with 2-5 they placed Immortals last and Gigabyte 3rd, really messed up my picks :(.

Top Bottom