• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends World Championship 2017 |SEP 23-NOV 4|

Leezard

Cody Sun wins the "most bizarre play of Worlds 2017" award, at least so far.

He just had to one-up Rekkles's play from their last game.

So is that 1 NA team out?

Nah they still have a chance. I think if Fnatic lose to GAM then IMT is out if they don't beat Longzhu, but if Fnatic win against GAM and Longzhu are undefeated, then it will be a three way tie.

Kangi

My internet died during the game. What the hell happened?

Pobelter whiffs an ultimate and IMT lose a teamfight, next "teamfight" Soaz pulls the dumbest flank and just dies, final teamfight IMT starts losing it and Cody Sun pulls a Flash murder-suicide against his own teammate, FNC nexus rush and win.

Pobelter whiffs an ultimate and IMT lose a teamfight, next "teamfight" Soaz pulls the dumbest flank and just dies, final teamfight IMT starts losing it and Cody Sun pulls a Flash murder-suicide against his own teammate, FNC nexus rush and win.

Thanks!

"We just gotta play our own way!" Gigabyte Marines roar defiantly, not realizing their Urgot win was mostly due to the NA being professionals at throwing Week #2 of Worlds.

LCK is showing why they are the best region in the world. These comebacks from 10k gold deficits are just an emotional rollercoaster to watch.

Kangi

Feeling pretty good about GAM going into the next game, at least, which has been the one that really matters in terms of who lives and who dies.

Feel bad for GAM as they got so close to beating LongZhu that game. But man, coming back from a 10k defecit with 2 inhibs down is damn impressive.

If GAM beat FNC
-IMT beating LZ leads to a IMT/GAM tiebreaker, IMT losing to LZ leads to GAM advancing.
If FNC beat GAM
-IMT beating LZ leads to IMT advancing, IMT losing to LZ leads to a three way tie.

Sol Mori

If GAM beat FNC
-IMT beating LZ leads to a IMT/GAM tiebreaker, IMT losing to LZ leads to GAM advancing.
If FNC beat GAM
-IMT beating LZ leads to IMT advancing, IMT losing to LZ leads to a three way tie.

Honestly even if we end in a 3 way tie; because I don't expect IMT to beat LZ, I still think IMT will manage to go towards the World's 2015 meme.

Leezard

From a post on reddit:

Context for tiebreaker scearios: (ONLY APPLICABLE IF IMT LOSE TO LZ):
GAM have the fastest game time, Fnatic is below them by 2 minutes.
This means GAM get the guaranteed bye in the 'winner's match'.
Ultimately, If IMT lose to LZ, they will play FNC in a match that determines the 4th place, and who plays GAM.
The winner obviously plays GAM for the 2nd spot in groups.
If IMT win vs LZ, they are 2nd

this day doesn't make sense. why would GAM do so similar of a strat like that

DL6HZlcVoAAxHMC.jpg

Sol Mori

LZ putting in a top lane sub to put GAM and FNC in panic mode. I honestly still don't see IMT winning with how many mistakes they've made today.

Leezard

Imt just look so passive. They really needed to find fights instead of just waiting and getting outplayed in the macro game.
This has been a super boring game.

Sol Mori

Imt just look so passive. They really needed to find fights instead of just waiting and getting outplayed in the macro game.
This has been a super boring game.

It feels like so many teams are too afraid to do anything and just lose, because you can't expect teams at worlds to decide to fall over and die in the middle of a match.

cHinzo

Long game for Longzhu, but I didn't feel like they weren't in control the entire game for one minute. Pray did so much damage. Tiebreakers hype?

Sol Mori

Three-way tie. The dream.

Also, "Tristana outscales Varus". Nobody outscales Pray.

Well Janna prevents anyone from getting on Varus and IMT doesn't have that much engage. LZ has Jarven and Shen and can constantly harass Trist.

Time for IMT to go 0-4, so does GAM have anything left to beat FNC?

This is some bullshit. Why would ganetype be important

If you mean the team with the fastest victories get first seed in 3 way tie breakers; how else are you going to do it?

Leezard

What a terrible draft by IMT, and abysmal macro. They're so passive you'd think they were the old Alliance with the old Rekkles. They just wait for their opponents to take kills and objectives.

They deserve the 0-4 day.

Sol Mori

What a terrible draft by IMT, and abysmal macro. They're so passive you'd think they were the old Alliance with the old Rekkles. They just wait for their opponents to take kills and objectives.

They deserve the 0-4 day.

This bodes well for TSM though! They also seem to be following the don't do shit and hope the opponent makes a ton of mistakes, so incoming 0-3 from them as well.

IMT does not have the macro ability to really pull off a split push and I honestly hope that every team that decides that they'll take Lulu into Janna loses. Janna is a much better team support and unless your ADC's name is Bang, Pray or Uzi fuck off with the Lulu for ADC support.

NA teams just need to draft a standard comp and stop being the biggest cowards and actually take a risk.

Top Bottom